ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Subaru Garage - Twyford (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/244275-subaru-garage-twyford.html)

Nexuas 28 August 2003 10:12 AM

So should I be brave and try them for my 90K service that is coming up? It will be good practice for them?

mrklaw 28 August 2003 10:19 AM

how is SGT? I'm picking my first subaru up from them next Friday, and they'd be my local dealer for servicing etc.

Stuart Knight 28 August 2003 10:34 AM

SGT = very enthusiastic about all their brands, unfortunately they are also v. expensive.

jhrfc1 28 August 2003 12:02 PM

I have found SGT very good, I got a very good price on my new WRX and they have been competitive on servicing and upgrades.
Had to ask for discount though.

Andy486 28 August 2003 12:44 PM

SGT tried to sell me a crash damaged car so I never went back to them.

Bagpuss42 28 August 2003 02:08 PM

I've just spoken to Lancaster in Pangbourne, and they are being finished off on the 30th September. Living a mile away I'm gutted for them and me both.

Never had anything but praise for them, if you've ever had to deal with VW you'd know why.

The whole dealership is closing making them all redundant. Apparently Subaru want more space and Pangbourne cant offer it.

Am I the only one sad about this? Can another dealship that has just started up possibly be as knowledgeable?

Pro Boy 28 August 2003 03:37 PM

Yeah looks like another dealer gone how many more

mjb1 28 August 2003 03:46 PM

I bought my STI8 from Lancaster Pangbourne and have always been impressed. My dad bought a classic there and also an RB5 and it's very local for him. I think it'll be a sad loss.

Andy486 28 August 2003 04:31 PM

Don't know the history but it seems like a sh1tty way to treat a dealer. Just hope Twyford is up to scratch.

Scott W 28 August 2003 04:52 PM

There is a bit more to this than IM deciding to ditch Lancasters. I believe that it was a mutual agreement by both parties to end the relationship.

NACRO 28 August 2003 05:00 PM

Does this mean that Lancaster Subaru Sevenoaks is closing down at the same time?

248SPG 28 August 2003 05:37 PM

Havn't heard about anything about SevenOaks mate.

Its still a shame with all the people being made redundant :( if that bit is true.

But maybe the Twyford garage will take some of them on.

scatter_wrx 29 August 2003 10:00 AM

If lancaster closing is to do with image & space, then not sure why Twyford is opening up. It's not exactly salubrious.

Shiny, new premises doesn't always mean a decent service. I've had the unfortunate experience of having to walk into a new, quality looking VW garage. Shame the **** service didn't match up!

JayCole 29 August 2003 12:09 PM

I just rang twyford to see what sort of price they would give me for my P1 with 17,000 miles on it and even though they don't have any in they said they would not be interested at all in that kind of car!?!?

mjb1 29 August 2003 12:28 PM

Why? What have you done to it?

JayCole 29 August 2003 01:21 PM

Nothing mate, 18" Prodrive wheels, Prodrive Exhaust and sid pretection strips. Thats it nothing dodgy to report at all and a very mint car. I found it strange but thought sod it, i'll try somewhere else.

mjb1 29 August 2003 01:30 PM

Bizarre! I would expect a mint P1 to fly off the forecourt if they took it on. We're you going for a trade in against a new model or simply a sale?

JayCole 29 August 2003 01:39 PM

Na just a straight forward sale back to them. No Px or anything like that. Lancatser Pangbourne had agreed prcie and everything but I've sodded around for a month and they are now closing down :(