ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   GHOSTS,anyone ever seen one???? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/202657-ghosts-anyone-ever-seen-one.html)

TIFF-C20WTH 26 April 2003 07:15 PM

More more

Toonman1 26 April 2003 07:24 PM

"the ring"

Guess I'd better not watch it then... ;)

mj 26 April 2003 08:21 PM

Not seen one but...

I was staying at some digs in cornwall and the landlady put me and my brother in a house she had round the corner from the B+B. I was having a bit of trouble sleeping and at about midnight something blew in my left ear very sharply, although the actual sensation of moving air was not felt, the noise it made was very loud and distinctive.I nearly sh@t the bed and lay there with my heart racing, my brother was snoring his head of in the other corner of the room.
About an hour later it happened again, this time in the other ear. At this point I decided that whatever it was was no harm, but still lay awake sh1tting bricks. It happened again one more time that night, before fatigue got the better of me and i eventually nodded off.

Earlier that day I had gone to the house in the morning to collect my cheque book. As I walked through the door, the landlady, who had been on the top landing cleaning, came crashing down the stairs and landed on the half landing, and broke her hip. I stayed around as the ambulance men took her away.

The landlady, a really nice lady in her early 50's was taken to the hospital where we were working, and I called in to see how she was and take some flowers. She told me that one minute she was vacuming the top landing, the next she had fallen, and cannot recall tripping or missing her step. She was awake all the time I was there at the house with her while waiting for the ambulance.

I dont know whether this was significant to my later experience, but it did seem a bit odd when I thought about it afterwards.

I stayed in the same room for about another 6 weeks, and never heard another thing, but whatever it was was not a draught, and I was sober and straight.

Steve Fort 26 April 2003 08:39 PM

I've had a few freaky things happen in my house, and most of my family have seen stuff wierd and unexplainable.

The worst was when i shared a room with my little bro. For about a week something kept waking me at exactly 3am but i never knew what. One night i woke at 3am as per usual and i could see someone standing in the corner of my room. I thought i must've been imagining it so i rubbed my eyes and sat up for a better look. As clear as day i could see someone in the corner of my room wearing a tweed jacket and flat-cap, like a farmer. The first thing that sprung to mind was that it was someone winding me up, trying to scare me so i started asking who it was. I then started freaking out abit because i could see from their face that it was an old man, definatly no-one that i knew. I shouted and woke my bother up who was on the bunk above. He obviously saw what i could see and started going mad, calling my Dad. The figure then started moving towards us in a wierd way, like as if it was on a cini camera, but it was as solid as you and me. I went mental, lent over and pushed the sofa into the middle of the room and started screaming my head off! My Dad come in, turned the light on and there was nothing there.

I believe that alot of people think they have seen ghosts, but i know that your imagination can play tricks on you, especially when tired. This situation was different, it was so real, i can still remember what the old man looked like as if it was yesterday, and the fact that my brother had seen exactly the same thing.

I was about 17 at the time. My brother wouldn't sleep in the room anymore, and i started drinking my Dads vodka just so that i could sleep. Not good, and something that i wish had never happened to me.

skoosh 26 April 2003 08:44 PM

I've seen 1 ghost, 2 UFO's and had 1 Out of body experience.

Skoosh.

m18use 27 April 2003 10:11 AM

I beleive there is such a thing as ghosts but people just
choose to ignore it.If you dont beleive,go and see a proper
medium that know what there doing (not one on a pier charging
a £1 with a fluffy wig)and then see what you beleive in.
You would be amazed what they will tell you,that they could never
possibly know.

Leslie 27 April 2003 11:43 AM

Tell us about it Skoosh

Les:)

DavidBrown 27 April 2003 12:02 PM

I've not seen any ghosts myself, but there's one place in the house that everyone (except me, oddly) have recognised as a scary place.. At least 6 people have independently told me, without prompting, that there's an uncomfortable aura at the top of one set of stairs in the house. It's quite a big house (14 rooms upstairs), and they've all been specific about this one exact point. One or two people having claimed to have seen something.

How many people have felt something without saying anything, I don't know.

Sith 27 April 2003 12:40 PM

I beleive some people are more susceptible to seeing ghost's / spirits than other other people. Likewise with the creepy vibes you can get.

I have stayed at a mates place, he went out to goto the local take away and I stayed. I got a really creepy feeling from the place. He hasn't, but has since told me a door closed for no reason. The door in question requires effort to close. :eek:
At another mates place I could quite happily stay without worrying.

skoosh 27 April 2003 04:05 PM

With reference to the 2 UFO stories and the O.B.E story, I couldn't possibly type that much info with getting RSI, but about the ghost:

I used to live in South Africa (1980-1992) and I lived in a bungalow on my dad's property (he was loaded back then)anyway, one night I was awoken by a bizarre sound and sat up in bed only to see my fiance staring at something through the vertical blinds, after a minute or so I asked what she was doing, she had her back to me and was wearing a flowery dress......Imagine my surprise when she sat up in bed next to me and asked who I was speaking to!!

I wa wide awake and it wasn't a dream....I didn't sleep that night.

I eventually found out that the people who lived on the property before us had had 2 tragic deaths within the space of 3 years in that same property, details undisclosed but it makes you think.

Now my mum, she'll tell you some pretty scary stories about her grandmothers ghost following her overseas but she doesn't drive a scooby so you'll never hear them!

Hairs on my neck standing up now.

SKOOSH.

Brun 27 April 2003 04:20 PM

Imagine my surprise when she sat up in bed next to me and asked who I was speaking to!!
LMFAO:D

Brun 27 April 2003 04:28 PM

More Scoobynet Ghost stories:eek:

astraboy 27 April 2003 04:52 PM

<I was quite angry, and shouted, telling "it" to stop messing around, and if "it" wanted to know how to use the stuff properly, I'd gladly help, but it had to show itself. >
No, No, NO! NEVER do that, never invite anything of that nature. Dont mess with things that you dont know and FFS, dont ever ask if there is anybody there. Its the equivilant of going to leicester square and picking someone at random and inviting them into your house. Only with these sort of things it could be anyone or anyTHING that you are inviting in.:eek:
My grandma, taught me a thing or two about this kinda thing. If anything its taught me to never fcuk about with a ouija board.
astraboy.

Claudius 27 April 2003 05:00 PM

Sometimes the TV would switch off and the DVD player would turn itself on - completely, not just from standby.
Pull the plug and see if it still works ;) :D LOL

Toonman1 27 April 2003 06:54 PM

"No, No, NO!"

Yes, Yes, Yes! It worked and I was told to do it by a highly respected Medium, not someone off the Telly or a Web forum...

chopper 27 April 2003 07:24 PM

So I set the scene....

Durham Castle, the keep, in a room off the the Norman Gallery 1991....

A university college, a rugby friend, kipping in his room after a few beers. I am from a neighbouring college and staying over - no alcohol induced moment btw - this is a genuine experience. He wakes up with a shout! His rugby ball has hit him in the face - he thinks it is me. I was asleep and woken by his noise. We argue that it wasn't me, then go back to sleep. It happens again - the ball was at the other side of the room from either of us and is on his pillow again. At about 5 am I am also hit in the face by the ball. Very p*ssed off by now but good friends and know to this day it was not either one of us.

Next door is a sealed room - closed by the college a long time ago before this event, including bricking up the window, from a 'oujiboard' session 12 years previously where 2 room mates commited suicide within the month after using it. Urban legend? Unfortunately not, as I was so freaked out by it that I checked the university records and there were indeed 2 suicides in '79 in this room. One jumped out and one hanged himself...

A beautiful city and very historic castle but a bit of a possible entry for your ghost post.... certainly has stayed with me as no 1 weird experience to this day with the paranormal...

Jen 27 April 2003 08:18 PM

:eek: scary stuff guys :) Most haunted on "UK living" is an interesting watch (tuesdays 9pm)

J4CKO 27 April 2003 08:40 PM

http://www.spiritualcuriosity.com/curiosity/ouijafaq.htm

Makes interesting reading, we did it once as kids a nobody killed themselves but there is no way I would do it again. Its wierd I am a hard nosed cynic about all this stuff but I am so certain I wouldnt touch anything like that.

As I said, I am a cynic but I do think there are higher forces at work and life is full of strange coincidences, On at least three occasions I have had dreams about plane crashes and woke the next day to find that there had actually been a plane crash, got the Hong Kong crash correct down to it being a Jumbo and landing in water. Had a dream before going on holiday that my brother in law would propose to his girlfreind on a Ski slope at around lunchtime, there was a cross symbol in the dream as well, he proposed to her on the nursery slope in Les Gets about thirty feet away from a monument in the shape of a cross (just after lunch), I told my wife about this two weeks before going away as I knew it would happen, I was certain, she didnt mention it to anybody until they came down and made an announcement, suffice to say I wasnt surprised.

Makes you wonder doesent it.

"I see married people"

Scarier than the sixth sense, this happens all the time but most of it is disjointed and irrelevant but occasionally its about significant events.

m18use 27 April 2003 09:50 PM

Dont joke about what you dont understand if i could type
i would tell you:D

J4CKO 27 April 2003 10:04 PM

EH ?

TIFF-C20WTH 27 April 2003 10:18 PM

Just remembered another weird going on that happened to me:-

About 4 years ago i used to work in an old country pub,The Waterman in Warwick,Some people may know of it as it is a big meeting point for bikers in the summer.
The pub is very old,with big old wooden beams all over and the large open fire in the corner.
It is a "Typical haunted English Pub" if you know what i mean.
Anyway,
I was cleaning up after a nights work,cleaning the tables,getting the empties in and as i was collecting the glasses from the far end of the pub i had my hands full.I noticed that on a table there was 2 glasses,a pint glass and a wine glass.I thought i wil just go and put these glasses i had in my hands on the bar,then i would come back for them.No one else was in this side of the pub!
It took about 10 seconds for me to drop the glasses off on the bar and go back to the table with the other 2 glasses on.
Remember,no one else was in this side of the pub!

As i returned,the pint glass was smashed half way up.BUT,the glass was all inside the bottom half of the glass.Not a single bit of broken glass was on the table!!!!
The wine glass was about 4 tables down from where it was before,not smashed!!!!

The owner of the pub said that he has been in there on his own locking up at night,and heard the "Last orders" bell being struck and ringing while he was nowhere near it!!

Mycroft 28 April 2003 12:14 AM

All ghosts, ghouls, goblins and there like are just monsters of the mind... bolleaux in other words... :D

I have stayed in some places that are supposedly 'haunted', nothing but other peoples fear abounded.

My first wifes parents lived in the House that some 'satanist' called Crowley? lived in previously... all sorts of things 'apparently' happened there... total rubbish...

I stayed in that House for 2 weeks when they went away... they always went away around May time as apparently that was when it was 'all supposed to happen'... nothing... the House is an old House... it creaks and shifts about but that is just a bit of warmth and drying out from Winter...

That family always kept the hall lights on.. they said it felt bad in the house otherwise... 2 weeks no lights... nothing... trust me all this 'ghost' rubbish is just the fevered imaginings of a weak mind.

The best one was they swore blind that if they sat in a certain room you could occasionally hear someone breathing behind you... in your left ear... nothing...

Bathroom... door knobs would turn and the latch type lock rattle... nothing...

The stairs used to creak like a good'n... so I buggered off to B&Q and bought some 40mm hidden pin type nails... hammered the damn thing into place and thought nothing of it... three monthes later whilst eating Sunday lunch the head of the household announces that the 'Ghost on the stairs has been quiet since my last visit'... showed the family the pins and was met by a profound silence...

But it sells movies/books etc... so who cares about reality.

Toonman1 28 April 2003 12:25 AM

"nothing but other peoples fear abounded"

Maybe the Ghosts are just trying to lull you into a false sense of security? Waiting to make their move? Going for the big one? To scare you sh!tless... :D

Claudius 28 April 2003 12:28 AM

The stairs used to creak like a good'n... so I buggered off to B&Q and bought some 40mm hidden pin type nails... hammered the damn thing into place and thought nothing of it... three monthes later whilst eating Sunday lunch the head of the household announces that the 'Ghost on the stairs has been quiet since my last visit'... showed the family the pins and was met by a profound silence...
LOL! :D :D :D

I was going to say something along the lines of "It's all bull", but I thought I may get flamed... (YHM btw)

Mycroft 28 April 2003 12:46 AM

''Maybe the Ghosts are just trying to lull you into a false sense of security? Waiting to make their move? Going for the big one? To scare you sh!tless...''

Yeah, they all sit around together and have planned for me to get the fright of my life...:D

I used to own Chelny House, where there was supposed to be the ghosts of 3 murdered children from the 19thC. The murders did take place.

The children were supposed to run along the 'Top Hall' screaming to get away from there uncle? who apparently was a Milliner and went mad from the Mercury vapours and literally chopped the poor kids up in an axe attack... lovely... not a damned thing in the 3 years I was there... even the idiot local vicar said the place was haunted... utter rubbish... the fool was clinging some dream that it meant ther was an 'afterlife', sad fool.

m18use 28 April 2003 12:48 AM

Dont mess around with what no one understands:EEK
There is truth,if you doubt see someone who knows what there
doing and then make your mind up :D
MY girlfriend went to see someone and it was scary to say the least
and then my mate went and it was so true it is unbeleivable.
If in doubt find out for yourself.

Toonman1 28 April 2003 01:04 AM

"they all sit around together"

Planning, planning, planning; waiting for the right moment to strike... ;)

SWRTWannabe 28 April 2003 08:34 AM

My first wifes parents lived in the House that some 'satanist' called Crowley?
Sounds a bit like Terry Pratchett's "Good Omens" :D

My grandfather was a bus driver, and one night hit a guy who walked out in front of him. His conductor (it was a long time ago!) also saw it. He stopped the bus and they both got out to find the bloke.

The could find nothing, so he reported it to the police. The police could find no evidence of the collision either on the bus or the road, but the description he gave of the guy matched exactly the description of someone who was killed in the same location in a road accident some years before.

Stuffed Badger 28 April 2003 01:19 PM

I've had several experiences, starting from the age of three to the present day.
The one that sticks in my mind happened tweleve years ago whilst i was decorating my dinning room, i suddenly could smell my great grandmother,really strongly, and at that point i realised that she had died and thought to myself she had a good long life(dying aged 93). I then popped out to buy some more wallpaper and when i got in my mum was ringing me, and before she could tell me that my nan had passed away i told her the news and she was gobsmacked that i knew.
Another was after a very good friend had been murdered, i had a dream that we were all sitting in our local pub and she walked in really pi55ed off because her favorite necklace had been broken.The next next day i bumped into her sister and told her about the dream, the said necklace was on her neck the night she died and when her neck was slit it had gotten broken.SPOOKY!

J4CKO 28 April 2003 10:17 PM

"I stayed in that House for 2 weeks when they went away... "

Bl00dy hell, he even winds up the dead.