ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scotland (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/)
-   -   Edinburgh Scoobys. (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/201356-edinburgh-scoobys.html)

sparkster 23 April 2003 06:32 PM

Robinh20 - You have email

sg72 23 April 2003 09:01 PM

Pyrocam999
Don't actually know Chris. But have heard of him. I beleive he works on Scoobs. Does he work at the old Q8 garage?

scotishscooby 23 April 2003 09:44 PM

Wow.
Theres a lot to learn!!!
So, firstly, i should get sum octane booster and a knock link sensor.

scotishscooby 23 April 2003 10:01 PM

Seems to be a lot of us in Edinburgh and round a bout. We should all get together in Edinburgh one weekend. Show the wee neds how its really done!!!!

LG John 23 April 2003 10:48 PM

Ease up! I am one of those wee neds..............apparently :rolleyes: :D

Pyrocam999 23 April 2003 10:54 PM

Yeah, Chris runs Linton Service Station, The Old Q8. Also has a Green Wagon that he's seriously tinkering with. Wolf is sheeps clothing. Does a lot of servicing for the rally cars too. I'm sure he'll be up at Ingelston on Sat for the Tarmac stages

sg72 23 April 2003 11:07 PM

Mmmmm.....I'm off on saturday .Ingleston sounds like worth a visit.
probably be there.

cheers Steve.

andyr 24 April 2003 10:20 AM

I'm just outside Edinburgh (near Dalkeith) : my car is somewhere between Japan and the Uk on a boat : probably got around 3 or 4 weeks to wait before I take delivery of a std dark blue '95 WRX : anyone got a non-std exhaust / 16" wheels / rear spoiler going cheap to tart it up a bit ?)
An Edinburgh meet would be great to meet others.
Re fuel : my understanding was that Optimax for a WRX would be ok but an Sti might be safest on OB but the ideal might be installing a Knocklink and then for someone like John Banks to set the car up for whatever you're going to run the car on ?
Std WRX needing a constant diet of Optimax PLUS OB seems a little excessive unles you're going to give it a particularly hard time ?

SiPie 24 April 2003 11:16 AM

unles you're going to give it a particularly hard time ?
It's easy seen that you ain't taken delivery of yours yet ;)

Enjoy when you get it :D

Cheers
Si

Johnny50 24 April 2003 11:54 AM

SG72.

Chris Allan is good with the Scoobys. As Pyrocam said, Chris has a green wagon, i picked up mine this morning, and Chris will be doing all the servicing.upkeep on it.

He looks after a few Scoobys, Cossies, and a few nice Evos too.
Aint expensive either.
This sounds like an advert !!

kenny_mcgee 24 April 2003 03:24 PM

kart_man,

Did i wave to you the other day. Monday afternoon I think. I was leaving Halfords at Straiton (sp?).

I was driving a Dark Blue MY99 UK turbo.

bluenosewrx 24 April 2003 03:29 PM

no that wsa me you waved at(bug eye blue wrx.)nice car you got there.just popped in tae halfords for some wax .
mac

kart_man 24 April 2003 03:35 PM

I waved to a DBM saloon near halfords too !! On the way up the hill next to mcd's ??

SiPie 24 April 2003 03:41 PM

Could have been me but can't remember where the hell I was and who was waving ....so :rolleyes:

kart_man 24 April 2003 03:45 PM

Can't be that many P1's with Brad Pitt look-a-likes driving around Edinburgh surely ??

;)

bluenosewrx 24 April 2003 03:51 PM

cart man. it wisnae me then i only huv a bug eye wrx wi gold wheels,their is a guy doon the road hus a p1 and a tvr (luchy git )it could huv been him.i stay in colinton and are up straiton aw the time.
mac

bluenosewrx 24 April 2003 03:52 PM

and i,m certainly no brad pit!!!!

kart_man 24 April 2003 04:01 PM

Ummm.. Actually I was referring to myself (in the P1).. and I was kinda kidding about the Brad Pitt comment, I'm far better looking than him !! ;)

I know the guy with the TVR though. He was at the karting event on Saturday at Gladsmuir. He posts on here occassionally too I think !

bluenosewrx 24 April 2003 04:20 PM

aye,sorry i got confused,i,ll read the thread properly next time.
mac

LG John 24 April 2003 05:26 PM

I know the P1-TVR guy (well not personally) but I've drooled over both his cars for years and then usually finished myself off further down the road at the Ferrari garage ;):D I've probably seen you around bluenosewrx as my parents live in Buckstone so I'm around Colinton, Oxgangs, etc a lot. Very few of you bugeye owners wave though :(

sg72 24 April 2003 06:14 PM

Kartman
'Twas good to have met you on sunday (Not at the Karting. But at that other Weekend pastime B&Qs). Nice of you to take time out to listen to this old geezer wittering on. Mush apreesh.

kart_man 24 April 2003 06:37 PM

Yep, good to meet you too. Always good to meet other people with superior colour selection skills when it comes to their cars !! ;)

Any more thoughts on the 6 pots ?? I should have taken you out for a spin so you could feel their stopping power !! Pretty awsome, but I can understand your concern with no ABS !!

See you around mate,

Dave

sg72 24 April 2003 07:55 PM

Dave
Did have think about the brakes.... and decided no.Going for the new blue(Tarty) C-Tech discs.What with the new AP cluch,Knocklink and remap. The expense had to stop somewhere.

(Got my SIDC membership through today).

kenny_mcgee 24 April 2003 08:20 PM

it was definitely kart_man as it was a P1 not bug eye.

stop next till and have a chat.

cheers, Kenny

scotishscooby 24 April 2003 08:42 PM

So....
Considering i dont have my scooby yet, whos up for a big gathering when i get it?
Some where in edinburgh?
We could start our own club or sumthing if theres enuff of us???

kart_man 25 April 2003 10:10 AM

Yep, it's probably about time for another meet. When do you get your new motor ??

andyr 25 April 2003 07:47 PM

Just heard my wrx is not even on the ship yet so won't arrive for weeks and weeks and weeks yet.
boo hoo
Bu66er.

scotishscooby 25 April 2003 08:34 PM

Same here mate.
Mines is geting shippes on the 10th of may!! Wont b here till june now.
Where u getting yours from?? Think it might b the same place as me????

DarkForce 25 April 2003 08:58 PM

Does anyone remember seeing my scoob a loooonnnng time ago? A DBM MY00 Saloon, P1 alloys, reg X5 XXX?

Would be nice if someone remembered it after all this time! :)

Hopefully getting a MY03 now after the sale of my Clio 172.

Chris

andyr 26 April 2003 08:50 AM

Scottishscooby : is's being sourced by JVS : not sure why but a load of their cars had their deregistration delayed in Japan - looks like mine and yours are amongst this lot !