ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   What radio station do you listen to? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/128964-what-radio-station-do-you-listen-to.html)

frisby 06 September 2002 11:52 AM

Ministry of Sound Radio streamed over the web - less chat and more choonz....

stu

Charlie 06 September 2002 11:55 AM

Well, in that case, a swift transition in the general direction of UPMINSTER might be in order.

MarkO 06 September 2002 12:00 PM

Oooh. Cunning. That was an unexpected move, particularly given the weather today.

I suspect one of the few legal moves available to me from Upminster must be Barking - assuming I follow the Trotsky protocol.

JayRaj 06 September 2002 12:04 PM

Dunk and AstraBoy.....let's start a campaign to get Jackson back on the airwaves.

Charlie 06 September 2002 12:05 PM

Old-fashioned, but perfectly valid.

Inverse-reverse to ROYAL OAK?

MarkO 06 September 2002 12:09 PM

Pfff. Not exactly a challenge - even with it being a Friday.

Straight through to Willesden Junction. :)

Charlie 06 September 2002 12:11 PM

Just warming up.

Think I'll challenge the straightness of your move there, but accept it as I'm feeling generous.

Ah, the temperature dropped a couple of degrees. Better get to RAVENSCOURT PARK to warm up...

MarkO 06 September 2002 12:13 PM

Pah. Well if you're going to double-back, then I'll pull an "O'Neil" and take CROXLEY as my next move.

Evil Beef 06 September 2002 12:23 PM

I guess that now means that I'll just do a Lewis-transitory hop to Canons Park. Should move things along and prevent a Redoubter move in retaliation.

barge 06 September 2002 12:23 PM

belch

MarkO 06 September 2002 12:28 PM

I'm afraid I'm going to have to challenge the last move. I think it was over-diluted.

Evil Beef 06 September 2002 12:33 PM

I don't see the validity of over-dilution there. I am certain that a previous Royal Oak move presents the required token for my move to Canons Park.

MarkO 06 September 2002 12:37 PM

Sorry - you're absolutely right. Forgot we're running under British Summertime.

In which case, of course, I'll have to move laterally back to Amersham.

Charlie 06 September 2002 12:42 PM

Precise, but a lack of yellow.

Hopping along the line to QUEEN'S PARK in accordance with the INternational POgo Federation ruling of 1645

Evil Beef 06 September 2002 12:42 PM

Interesting. I guess we'll wait for Charlie's move now - it is disconcerting how the diagonals are being sectored now isn't it? I think I might be in trouble on my next go.

MarkO 06 September 2002 12:44 PM

It's a tricky decision, but I'll play BRONDESBURY. I did consider BRONDESBURY PARK, but I was slightly concerned that I might breach Newman's Creche.

Evil Beef 06 September 2002 12:47 PM

Ah - I see. I was right. Thanks to Charlie I have no choice but to capitulate this next phase to Mark and allow him to move in for the kill. I reluctantly call BAKER STREET.

Ozark 06 September 2002 12:48 PM

Are you running any latecomer penalties or can I join the game?

MartinM 06 September 2002 12:50 PM

According to my rule book (First edition 1965, re-printed in 2002 by Penguin), my next move is in accordance with Rule 23.3.1 i) c) which finishes with '....but the name of the station must not be explicitly stated'

So...
...the next move is to a station where none of the letters in its name are the letters in the word MACKEREL

Where have I moved to then?:D

MarkO 06 September 2002 12:51 PM

No penalties, but you might have to play EASTCOTE via ARNOS GROVE to catch up.

MarkO 06 September 2002 12:53 PM

Martin, you've forgotten what year we're in. If I don my Kiwis shirt, then I'm fairly certain I can.....yes

MORNINGTON CRESCENT. :D

Evil Beef 06 September 2002 12:57 PM

I declare that move to be of dubious legality as per the original rule-book. Therefore, using the Escalator/lift rule that pushes the "declaration free" situation to me. Unfortunatley, this means I rest the game from Mark and righteously declare:

MORNINGTON CRESCENT

for my own. Any challange? I thought not.

Thank you all for a spirited game.

Ozark 06 September 2002 12:57 PM

Only a fool would do that. According to the ruling body addendum sheet of 1978 I can jump straight in with a move to Alperton assuming it's not already occupied and you're not penalising late comers with the No Picadilly modifier.

Ozark 06 September 2002 12:58 PM

Bah! Too late :(

MarkO 06 September 2002 12:59 PM

Not your fault. Somebody's obviously standing on the hose at ScoobynetHQ - it's not exactly lightning today, is it!?!? ;)

MartinM 06 September 2002 01:01 PM

...but all the moves between this and my last post are illegal, because (Valleyman vs Regina:1976) no one has identified where I moved to.

I have complete control of the game, and no one else can go until my move is decrypted...hahaha:D

Evil Beef 06 September 2002 01:07 PM

According to your rule book:
--------------
(First edition 1965, re-printed in 2002 by Penguin), my next move is in accordance with Rule 23.3.1 i) c) which finishes with '....but the name of the station must not be explicitly stated'
--------------

This means that we can not name your station explicitly either. We know where you are - but we can't say. On the basis we were playing 1963 Technicolour Rules complete with the Finsbury variations (1,2&4 only), then the game is mine I'm afraid.

MarkO 06 September 2002 01:10 PM

Good point, Beef. Even I can't argue with that. ;)

MartinM 06 September 2002 01:11 PM

Rule 23.3.1 i) c) might finish with '....but the name of the station must not be explicitly stated'...

...but it starts with 'For the next play of the game ONLY...' (my capitalisation)

I'm afraid, EB, that you've just made a schoolboy error. The game is still at my move;)

MartinM 06 September 2002 01:42 PM

<serious mode on>
There is one, and only one, station that satisfies the requirement stated. Come on, someone, what is it?
<serious mode off>