ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   1 Month of ownership.....report! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/121805-1-month-of-ownership-report.html)

Floyd 15 August 2002 12:39 PM

Speed King, you need someone to sharpen the axe's and that's best done in my engineering workshop....

Mark Jackson, if you want 'apocalyptic acceleration' then no scoob will provide the thrill that you seek. Only massive power Cossies and Cossie powered westies will do the job IMHO (or until I ride in another car that does the same).

F

SiPie 15 August 2002 12:46 PM

Can I plead the 5th ammendment on this one Kenny?

LG John 15 August 2002 01:12 PM

On what one?

SiPie 15 August 2002 01:18 PM

Menaing that ... up until last Thursday I would have given you a glowing 10 month report with nothing more than the usual moans about petrol, brake pads, tyres and servicing costs but now I think I'll just keep somewhat quiet on the whole subject!

LG John 15 August 2002 01:40 PM

A fair point. If it helps I had no end of trouble with the Saxo when I first got it (all warranty though) and went through a stage of hating the car. It's amazing how quickly you forgive and forget mate......if only I could apply that same logic to the ex bird *cough* bitch *cough*

Disclaimer: Gail, if your still monitoring my life by reading every scoobynet posting I make, sorry, no hard feelings above :)

SiPie 15 August 2002 01:53 PM

Don't get me wrong mate.... Love the car but I think that's only because absence makes the heart grow fonder as we head into day 7 without a fully functioning scoob.

Seriously think it's the dogs nuts but the next time anybody or especially anyone connected with Subaru tells me that the impreza gearboxes are 'bombproof' I will ask them to think again!

LG John 15 August 2002 02:17 PM

You'll ask them politely of course ;) :D

Your car will seem so fast after driving a runaround for over a week. I sometime wish I could take a crap car for a few days so that the scooby would feel super quick again.

Spanpody. 15 August 2002 02:27 PM

Saxo Boy,

Thats exactly what I do, drive a 1.1 Fiesta to/from work during the week and use my EVO for the weekend. The grin you get from going from a car that handles like a sofa on castors to the EVO with 300+ BHP is brilliant :D

TolTec 15 August 2002 02:31 PM

Saxo Boy

You could always get a wife with a Rover 216 Auto.

More expensive to run than a Scooby though - the wife that is...

[Edited by TolTec - 8/15/2002 2:33:01 PM]

LG John 15 August 2002 02:56 PM

The only, and I stress ONLY reason I have a scooby is because I split up with my girlfriend in November. I made it till about December before I started to look for something to cheer me up and saving for a scooby was the solution.

bioforger 15 August 2002 02:58 PM

Saxo yeh good point, I drove a vectra for a while, and just forgot just how quick the scoob is. And mine is standard. You really get use to it. Also I find you feel as if youre not goin fast sometimes in a scoob when cruising, but look at the speedo and reality kicks in. 90 in a scoob feels like 60-70 in most other cars :)

Scotsman 15 August 2002 04:04 PM

You get used to the power so quickly. When I first had the Scooby I never thought I'd need to get it modified (MY99 UK) but got used to the power and on went a Dawes - got used to the power and on went a Tek3 - getting used to the power and smoothness and a downpipe will be next when I can afford it.

It's only when I had a shot in John Banks machine (with the new turbo, etc) that I felt the same wow :D factor that I felt when I had a shot in my first ever scooby (and wasn't used to that sort of acceleration).

Having something slower for the motorway journeys during the week might be a good idea - you'll never have to upgrade the scooby that way as you'll never get used to the power.

Richard.

[Edited by Scotsman - 8/15/2002 4:04:55 PM]