ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Castle Combe Silver Evo 6 (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/117413-castle-combe-silver-evo-6-a.html)

Little Miss WRX 30 July 2002 08:58 PM

MOSI, I really hope to meet you one day cos I will feed you that arsenic I keep meaning to give you :D

:p

MOSI - TTVII 30 July 2002 09:03 PM

Thanks for the 'come on' luv, I'm truly flattered I really am -- however I'm spoken for, ta!

Maybe one of the saddo's off here can help you .... I heard no bugger with a Scoob can pull birds - in fact, as you've proven yourself .... Scoobs are birds cars!

Evo Rosco 30 July 2002 09:13 PM

I think I've finally sussed it!!!!

5903 - Did you used to post as "The Fastest". Come on admit it you were the guy that was raving on about going to Dono SIDC day.

I know it's you :D

Spudgun VI 30 July 2002 09:18 PM

quote..
bunch of lilly livered winging faggotts over here in Scoobyland!

lads, you'd better just keep off the track if you see any Evo's about in future - you are just baiting fodder for the Evo posse.

give it up kiddies & keep saving your pocket money!

hee hee

www.lancerregister.com
end quote.

[Edited by MOSI - TTVII - 7/30/2002 8:45:44 PM]

the tarmac terrorist strikes again hee hee hee!:D

[Edited by Spudgun VI - 7/30/2002 9:22:17 PM]

5903 30 July 2002 09:25 PM

Evo Boys

Find the owner of this clip, get him to show you the couple of minutes before the selective footage starts.

Very very careful editing !!!!

http://www.lancerregister.com/bbs/showthread.php?s=4dcb502a231977ee02383302cd62477c& threadid=10466

[Edited by 5903 - 7/30/2002 9:41:25 PM]

[Edited by 5903 - 7/30/2002 9:42:59 PM]

babber 30 July 2002 09:40 PM

You EVO drama queens are completely missing the point!!! Now I'm not that good at English (born and breed in Bristol ;)) but have you read what I've written ??? Obviously not to busy try to start a mines better than yours arguement, I said I thought the EVO was much faster and spent nearly two laps indicating to the left hand side of the track, so he could pass!!! I didn't want to spoil his track time. When I nearly stopped on the track he passed, then held me up :( I was trying to be thoughtful, not like you boys :eek: Shocking driving was observed and recorded!!

Oh and the Video of the really cool really fast white EVO with the green strip passing the video car, and nearly taking the front of the car off...... Now that is so cool ;) Wish I could do that.

Now go back to your own bbs and carry on talking ****e on there...

Cheers Phill C

PS Those EVOs are getting really common now, aren't they!!

MOSI - TTVII 30 July 2002 09:47 PM

babber, you're right.... you arent very good at English!

never mind eh?!

babber 30 July 2002 10:00 PM

MOSI - TTVII,

So you've been sat there waiting for me to reply checking your in email inbox every ten seconds, well done for the constructive comments!!! Now **** off you tit ;)

Cheers Phill C

MOSI - TTVII 30 July 2002 10:08 PM

babber, you arent gay by any chance are you ?

no great shakes... its just the way you compose yourself on paper - couple of giveaway tell tale signs you are giving out.

I'm not like that, sorry mate - maybe some of the Scoob boys are - keep trying, you'll get there in the end

babber 30 July 2002 10:15 PM

LOL, I thought you were offering then mate ?? No, sorry I'm not that way at all.

Or maybe I am, that's what I doing wrong. Chasing women not men, lol :eek:

Cheers Phill C

advevo 30 July 2002 10:33 PM

get a standard wrx sti and a standard evo let it drive by the same person and then time both runs.

for the record i could keep up with a 360 hp evo with a standard civic type r this is impossible.

It s all about the driver in the car.

i had 2 subaru and i have now an evo and the evo is much much closer to a real race/rally car than subaru

come to cadwell in october and get youre best driver in wrx sti then i come with my bog standard evo 7rs than we settle this once and for all:)

Little Miss WRX 30 July 2002 10:47 PM

Would like to point out to do a fair comparison, you need a standard STI not a standard scoob to match up to a standard Evo as the UK scoobs are just not the same BHP as an Evo.

snowcrash 30 July 2002 10:56 PM

or price :D

its like those crappy driven tests - lets get a standard evo from "Japan" and a standard scoob from "UK" - uh, not the same class car - apart from the £10k/price increase...

our verdict "the evo is better, because:
a) I was given 1 to drive for a year.
b) Its quicker
c) It handles better..."

everyone else "the evo is better, because:
a) It costs more
b) It costs more
c) I'm biased and paid off..."

:D

same old argument about why pay £15k for a scoob when you can buy a cossie and mod it???? personal choice at the end of the day, and if the driver was a wanker in the evo, he'd have proberbly been a wanker in a nova, scoob, cossie, dutton, Airbus A320...

bling.

[Edited by snowcrash - 7/30/2002 11:00:07 PM]

AFR 30 July 2002 10:57 PM

Babber, as others have said, if he is close behind you, he's faster (unless you were both being held up by traffic?). How difficult could it have been to indicate over, lifting off if necessary, and let the Evo past?

You then wanted to find the guy to "****" him?

The only thing that makes track driving dangerous is the lack of track etiquette displayed by drivers with something to "prove" or who feel that someone passing them is a threat to their manhood. (not aimed at you Babber - just a general observation)

snowcrash 30 July 2002 11:03 PM

AFR: from the footage babber is going round quarry corner wide (and slow 30mph) with his indicator on waiting for the other driver to pass... this happened on a few laps around, and he did the same for a ford - who did go past...

if the driver is that close to someone's arse then and the other person is indicating/taking wide line/slowing down then they should pass....

I think babber got even more annoyed at the fact that after the guy passed, he didn't really go that fast so he wasted tyres and track time... :(

AFR 30 July 2002 11:10 PM

Normal track procedure is to indicate and pull over on the straights - not corners. Maybe Babber did indicate over and slow down on a straight but tt should happen ASAP once you've seen the guy behind catch you up.

I wasn't there though but it should normally be fairly straightforward.

babber 30 July 2002 11:15 PM

Snowcrash,

Thanks for summing it all up :eek:

Cheers Phill C

PS I wasn't having a pop at EVOs, TVR, Cossies, RS2000 (MK2 i have one ;)) Civil Type Rs or any other cars.

InsBro 30 July 2002 11:22 PM

Michelle

Andre says a WRX STI and an EVO

Not A WRX STi type UK :D

Know your cars?:D:D (joke)

Jeremy

Barry Stir 30 July 2002 11:47 PM

Mmmmm....

EVO's..... nice quick motors....

Methinks Mellow would kick everyone's botty !

Surely it's down to driver ability ?

I witnessed Mellow taking out a standard UK scoob and whoop all the STi's, P1's etc.....

Then he took out a STANDARD EVO of 280 bhp and whooped all the EVO's running 1.7 bar and 360 bhp +

Nuff said.

Now let's kiss and make up :)

BlueEVO 31 July 2002 12:03 AM

Oh! Here we go, my cars better than yours. Noticed a yellow TR7 V8 keep in front of P1. No one passed my MG ZT either :D Doesn't mean my cars faster than a P1 - it maybe it was the drivers first trackday!

But I agree on track rules. I thought there were a couple of types - pushing too fast and definitley not sticking to the briefing - overtaking on the LH as opposed to the right. This was All in a vain effort to sell cars - one was a Green/White EVO V.

cryptwalk 31 July 2002 12:05 AM

Someone driving a £20k EVO is bound (unless they are loaded) to take care more on track than someone who spent £7k on a scooby IMHO of course.
Very generalised comment!!!!!!

And? You should notice the IMHO.

[Edited by cryptwalk - 7/31/2002 12:08:37 AM]

David_Wallis 31 July 2002 12:13 AM

What a f ucking w anker in that video... the driver sums it up...

looks like the driver of the evo has no idea whats going on around him, let alone any respect for any others on the track.. KN0B

And I dont give 2 fcuks who it is!

Ps the car that the video is in sounds nice!

David

Little Miss WRX 31 July 2002 01:25 AM

Michelle

Andre says a WRX STI and an EVO

Not A WRX STi type UK

Know your cars? (joke)

Arse :D

My apologies :D

In that case, as I read he is using an Evo RS, would it not be a fairer comparison with an STI type RA? Rather than a standard STI? Thoughts?

Claudius 31 July 2002 02:23 AM

Find the owner of this clip, get him to show you the couple of minutes before the selective footage starts.

Very very careful editing !!!!
:D He probably edited the Peugeot 106 and Fiats passing him!

I have no idea who that guy is, but let's face it, knowing the track or not, that guy was really, I mean seriously STANDING http://www.plauder-smilies.de/rofl.gif and complaining :eek: instead of letting fast people pass him. Totally unreal! Dont they require driving licences for tracks in the UK? They should!!!

Little Miss WRX 31 July 2002 02:29 AM

I wouldn't jump down his throat too quickly.

How do you know that he wasn't indicating out of the way? You really need to see someone following him to judge that better.

The guy in the white Evo was either very annoyed with him or a complete idiot!!! Or both LOL.

Still, what was the car? Wasn't an Impreza, was it an Evo?

Little Miss WRX 31 July 2002 02:31 AM

Oh and driving licences mean jack sh1t for some people on track. Not too sure what happens to them but they become abnormal drivers behind the wheel of a car on track. (Even more so than on the roads ;))

Squizz 31 July 2002 08:20 AM

BlueEVO

Oh! Here we go, my cars better than yours. Noticed a yellow TR7 V8 keep in front of P1. No one passed my MG ZT either Doesn't mean my cars faster than a P1 - it maybe it was the drivers first trackday!
LOL! :D

I just hope the P1 driver wasn't following me to get some lines for the circuit - They'd have been some very interesting ones!!! :rolleyes:

Thank god it was dry... :eek:

I'm rather disappointed by the lack of intervention by the marshalls - I'd cite two cars for totally disregarding the track etiquette as laid down in the driver's briefing. Both of them being driven as promotional vehicles, overtaking on corners, and on the left, etc. The make of the vehicles is irrelevant, but you all know the ones I mean. :(

On the whole though, we must all be grateful for a (mostly) incident free day. Much of which is down to everyone driving sensibly(ish). :)

davyboy 31 July 2002 08:42 AM

I though at track days they always ask the slower driver to indicate to the right, and let the faster car pass on the left.

Was this different?

Squizz 31 July 2002 08:47 AM

S'right davyboy...

Castle Coombe is unique in the particular instance, I think. Makes a bit more sense to novices, etc, or those that... TAKE ANY NOTICE AT THE DRIVER'S BRIEFING!

;)

SimonEvoExtreme 31 July 2002 09:16 AM

I DON'T BELIEVE IT! :D

Lets see if we can make a bit of sense of all this. To start with, the original point of this was that 1 Scooby driver was upset by 1 Evo driver. Now its all out war! Very grown up.

As for the original post, there are always 2 sides to evry trackday arguement. Lets look at it from both sides. The car trying to overtake sees a roadhog who isn't using his mirrors and is hold him up lap after lap. The car in front sees a car harrassing him from behind and making him nervous. Finally the car behind sees a small opportunity to overtake and out of desperation, takes it. The car being overtaken sees a nutter taking too many chances on a trackday!.

After being overtaken the car behind now wants to prove he wasn't holding the overtaker up and, as already pointed out, it is easier to go faster if somebody else is giving you the lines and braking points. You might not think you are doing it, but you are. The acr in front sees this nutter who couldn't go that fast before now desperately trying to keep up and gets nervous because the other car is clearly outside his confort zone.

Who is right? Probably both!

As for the Scooby against Evo thing, everybody should get a life. Firstly, if you haven't driven both, you aren't even in a position to comment, so don't. If you have driven both, then you know the answer.

BTW, I heard yesterday that the Evo RS Sprint on long term test at Evo has a major problem. They have never had a car that has covered such high milage because everybody want to use it. The staff are fighting over it and don't return it when they are meant to. This hasn't happened before. Must be that they cannot believe how bad a car it is :D