ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   BEWARE !! MOTORPOINT DERBY ! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/111669-beware-motorpoint-derby.html)

midlife-crisis-scooby 13 July 2002 11:26 PM

Hi All

Just bought a WR blue mica WRX from Well Lane.

A great bunch of blokes who try to get the car that you want rather than the money from your wallet.

I was told that the car would come with a standard UK warranty but I would have to add an alarm etc. No problem ! The car came from the Netherlands (Den Haag)

I register the car with Subaru UK, they are *very* helpful as I am hopeless with paperwork. and finally I receive the confirmation letter thus…

"Dear Dr Whitehead

This is to confirm that your vehicle, Chassis Number Blah Blah Blah is now registered on our system for Cross Border Warranty purposes.

Should any work be required under the warranty, please contact your local official Subaru Dealer.

You should be aware of the following points:

 The warranty in force is that provided by the selling distributor, not the warranty that Subaru (UK) Limited applies to it's own vehicle.

 We do not offer the facility to extend or upgrade the warranty.

 The ultimate responsibility for payment of the claim lies with the selling distributor. We have to seek their authorisation for all repairs.

 We are unable to provide English Language versions of the Warranty booklet due to the differences in terms and conditions.

Yours faithfully

Scribbled signature (which I recognise)

Warranty Administration
Subaru (UK) Limited."

I guess the question I have to ask is do I have a warranty that’s worth anything ??????

Midlife-crisis(in a real sense)-scooby.

Luke 14 July 2002 04:18 AM

Must agree with Simon. These 3 party warantee things are well doggyThey tend to tie you into getting the car serviced by the seller as well... Me thinks they take the money and keep it..

logiclee 14 July 2002 04:46 AM

I have bought 2 cars in the past from Motorpoint, one a second hand UK Rover and the other an EU sourced Focus. Its a completely different buying experience compared to buying from a dealer, dont expect any special treatment, read every form and get everything in writing.

Had two claims on Motopoint Warrenty with no problems at all though. :)

Different manufacturers have differing views on Imports, my Alfa 156 Selespeed Veloce is a dutch Import with two years Alfa warrenty and 1 year 3rd party warrenty. The car was imorted for me by RyAutos Alfa main dealer in the UK, they sell UK and EU cars side by side and even run EU cars as their demonstrators. Alfa don't seem to have a problem with his. UK Price £20850, EU Price £14000 :rolleyes: :) Dont know how they sell any UKcars.

Lee

EvilBevel 07 September 2002 03:46 PM

I may be confused, but wouldn't one part of Cyprus be EU member (through Greece) and the other not (Turkish part) ?

On second thought scrap that... list posted above at the same time.

[Edited by EvilBevel - 7/9/2002 3:49:28 PM]