ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   My Subaru and Ice (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1065973-my-subaru-and-ice.html)

BrokenSpring 21 January 2022 11:12 AM

Going to go with keeping it. I think its worth keeping and gettign back on road or selling as spares.
Even if i garage it and slowly replace parts over a few years i think will be worth it in the end.

Sooo i will be in the market for a good few bits soon :thumb:
All 4 lights, both bumpers, bonnet and boot.

Now to find a chep 325 or 330 bmw for work... hmmm or a brappy civic :lol1:

NOSSY_89 21 January 2022 04:50 PM

Why not reshell it mate.

johno01 21 January 2022 05:37 PM

I admire your enthusiasm mate 👍👍 good luck

BrokenSpring 22 January 2022 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by johno01 (Post 12116170)
I admire your enthusiasm mate 👍👍 good luck

Ah its always been a dream car for me so want to save it. Shame to bin it as its a WRX300 too... and was in immaculate condition.
Just need to find me a cheap fun runaround while i fix it, and all the parts from breakers.
Anyone want to sell me a good Subaru wagon for cheap, or a BMW 325ti compact :thumb:

Also i am looking for all 4 lights, bonnet, boot, prodrive spoiler and both bumpers if anyone has any good ones.

Can i put the bug eye front end on mine, will it fit? :norty:

NOSSY_89 22 January 2022 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by BrokenSpring (Post 12116186)
Ah its always been a dream car for me so want to save it. Shame to bin it as its a WRX300 too... and was in immaculate condition.
Just need to find me a cheap fun runaround while i fix it, and all the parts from breakers.
Anyone want to sell me a good Subaru wagon for cheap, or a BMW 325ti compact :thumb:

Also i am looking for all 4 lights, bonnet, boot, prodrive spoiler and both bumpers if anyone has any good ones.

Can i put the bug eye front end on mine, will it fit? :norty:

It will fit, people used to do it the other way around. What bug eye front end look are you going for, STI, prodrive etc.

ted bass 22 January 2022 08:57 AM

At least you'll have plenty of options regarding spares if you do wanna repair it over time, as we all know MattyB on here always has a good selection of quality cars in for breaking:thumb:

BrokenSpring 22 January 2022 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by NOSSY_89 (Post 12116189)
It will fit, people used to do it the other way around. What bug eye front end look are you going for, STI, prodrive etc.

Oooh hmm I haven't thought that far. I think I like the uk300 look / prodrive. But happy with any really.
I assume I would need to swap out the front wings.
wings? Does it all just mount up to the same points and holes and all?

NOSSY_89 22 January 2022 04:42 PM

This was very popular many many years ago changing the front end to a newer car so there should be quite a few topics on it. My memory is terrible so I can't remeber exactly. But off the top of my head you will need wings,bonnet, grill, bumper and lights. It should all mount up. Its only when you go to do the hawkeye conversion you need a few other bits and possible some cutting.

BrokenSpring 28 February 2022 01:29 PM

Well not sure if anyone is interested or cares but i finally fought it out with insurance ( 4 damned weeks) and got a decent enough result.
I now have the car as a CAT S and weighing up my options.
Scoobyclinic have looked it over and given me a quote to repair i deff can't afford.
So my options i think are
1. parting it out quickly and hopefully as a complete spares car
or
2. reshelling.

Anybody have any lines on a shell i could have for a good price?

NOSSY_89 01 March 2022 04:45 AM

Resehell it mate.

ted bass 01 March 2022 09:05 AM

As Nossy said, re shell it, and as been mentioned b4 try Matty B to see what he's got kickin about in the way of shells, he's broken blue blobeyes recently.