ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Bob Rawle Road Map Figures (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1064739-bob-rawle-road-map-figures.html)

SmurfyBhoy 03 June 2021 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by johno01 (Post 12105851)
Btw I AM THE MOST HANDSOME GUY ON EARTH THANKS ❤️

You can't be my mum always told me it was me 🤣

johno01 03 June 2021 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by SmurfyBhoy (Post 12105853)
You can't be my mum always told me it was me 🤣

ive been called billy zane in the past...can you match that??? 😂

SmurfyBhoy 03 June 2021 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by johno01 (Post 12105855)
ive been called billy zane in the past...can you match that??? 😂

I see your Billy Zane & i raise you a "Fat Ronaldo" but before he was fat France '98 hahaha

johno01 03 June 2021 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by SmurfyBhoy (Post 12105859)
I see your Billy Zane & i raise you a "Fat Ronaldo" but before he was fat France '98 hahaha

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 top guy mate, I may look like billy zanes armpit but that’s about it. 😂😂

lockheed 03 June 2021 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by SmurfyBhoy (Post 12105846)
Folk act like your looking for a fight just because you disagree with them. If your willing to ask questions about something then at least be bothered enough to research things associated with it.

Virtual Dyno is a free software & the numbers being given can be manipulated just as easily as a normal dyno can.

However most dyno places you visit didn't tune your car so they have no reason to lie to you.

When your tuner says yea mate your car's fast

Its like when your mum says your the most handsome guy on earth hahahah

Independant dyno is only way to get a fair number. I don't even tell them who tuned it as they may hold a grudge or be beat mates with guy

Get a vid too soo that if it reads 500 bhp we can see it climp 2ft up the rollers haha

Andy forest does road maps too, do you reckon his bhp and torque estimates are off aswell?

SmurfyBhoy 03 June 2021 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by lockheed (Post 12105867)
Andy forest does road maps too, do you reckon his bhp and torque estimates are off aswell?

Yes as he done mine & my mates too so absolutley 100%

But he's honest enough to tell you to take them with a pinch of salt as its pretty much guesswork.

Only number he cares about is quarter mile E.T's & laptimes he couldn't care less about bhp's if those numbers are on point.

I'd rather the guy who ran best ET & Fastest lap did mine than the guy who can get higher bhp so not bitching about it or sayin a dyno map is better. Quite the opposite.

Just saying these figures given from laptops on the road are nonsense

If you want a true reading then obviously an engine dyno is the only way. But in real world a dyno is next best thing.

But as with any measuring tool if guy using it isn't capable it's just as useless.

SmurfyBhoy 03 June 2021 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by lockheed (Post 12105867)

See post #57

https://www.scoobynet.com/1006469-sm...l#post11991352

lockheed 03 June 2021 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by SmurfyBhoy (Post 12105870)

Ive read alot of what Andy Forest has to say on 22b, when i say alot imean most of it.

To me he doesn't really seam like a man that would tell you have roughly this amount of torque and this amount of hp and then say take what i said with a pinch. ( because his rep would be in tatters)
I know he is all about precision and some more precision. And then a bit of trolling and passing it of as banter.

SmurfyBhoy 03 June 2021 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by lockheed (Post 12105875)
Ive read alot of what Andy Forest has to say on 22b, when i say alot imean most of it.

To me he doesn't really seam like a man that would tell you have roughly this amount of torque and this amount of hp and then say take what i said with a pinch. ( because his rep would be in tatters)
I know he is all about precision and some more precision. And then a bit of trolling and passing it of as banter.

Why would his rep be in tatters ??

He maps the car to get the most from it's potential safely & without an actual calibrated dyno he knows he won't be giving you an accurate figure when it comes to bhp & torque. He doesnt care much for dyno's or bhp pub chat.

As i says the numbers he cares for are measured against the clock.

So he wouldn't stake his "rep" on a figure spat out from a laptop which uses software based of 1 acceleration pull on a road which may not even be flat

do you have half a clue how these fake dyno simulators even work ?

Andy's read in WHP so he has to adjust the weight by 25% to get it reading in BHP. Are you saying that it's 25% loss on a 300bhp (75bhp) scooby & also a 25% loss on a 1200bhp scooby ? (400bhp) suddenly are we losing 325bhp from the same drivetrain ???

Dynos do a decent job of calcing out losses on the run down but still not a geat flywheel estimate but far better than some silly software dyno.

You understand how many variables there are that can mess up in a proper dyno cell. Multiply that by about 10 & thats how many there are when basing it off a single pull on the road.

Surface, tyre pressures, weight, wind, pressure, temps, weather conditions & plenty more.

Andy is a mapper & one of the most honest tuners i have ever met. One of the few folk i'd actually trust what he says & not even bother to fact check it when it comes to cars.

To say his reputation is tied to him giving you an accurate bhp figure. Is an insult. The guy could prob calculate your power figure better with a pen & paper if he had all the data & time to calc it out.

His rep is based of his years of experiance & results he has had from his & customer cars.

He is a tuner, one of the best in the world, not a dyno operator....

If you want a dyno number go to a dyno.

If these laptop programs were so accurate then why would companys spend 10's - 100's thousands of pounds on dyno setups

Seriously mate. Use some grey matter, u don't seem that silly.

RAGGY DOO 04 June 2021 12:04 AM

Agree with smurf 100 percent
the laptop dyno isn’t worth taking about
1.5 bar on a hta71 - 400-415

SmurfyBhoy 04 June 2021 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO (Post 12105878)
Agree with smurf 100 percent
the laptop dyno isn’t worth taking about
1.5 bar on a hta71 - 400-415

Thanks matey.

On V-Power as well.

Throw in an Ethanol blend you might just see a legit 440bhp

domino46 04 June 2021 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by SmurfyBhoy (Post 12105869)
Yes as he done mine & my mates too so absolutley 100%

But he's honest enough to tell you to take them with a pinch of salt as its pretty much guesswork.

Only number he cares about is quarter mile E.T's & laptimes he couldn't care less about bhp's if those numbers are on point.

I'd rather the guy who ran best ET & Fastest lap did mine than the guy who can get higher bhp so not bitching about it or sayin a dyno map is better. Quite the opposite.

Just saying these figures given from laptops on the road are nonsense

If you want a true reading then obviously an engine dyno is the only way. But in real world a dyno is next best thing.

But as with any measuring tool if guy using it isn't capable it's just as useless.

please explain how bob is not capable of using the software ?? after using it for so long with so many people dont you think he would get a fair idea on whether it works or not ,, bobs been mapping scoobs for a long time now lol,,, he would have loads of his customers going back saying there cars never made the number at rolling road days ??? ,, held loads of rolling road days with my club and had loads of subarus that bob mapped running on the day and all made what the owners said it should and that was based off bobs figures ,,, and by the way bob doesn't say these figures are set in stone its a guild on what it should be lol iv also seen many mapper use this same software with similar results when they haven't been able to have access to a RR

domino46 04 June 2021 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by SmurfyBhoy (Post 12105881)
Thanks matey.

On V-Power as well.

Throw in an Ethanol blend you might just see a legit 440bhp

so how many subarus have you mapped in this spec ???

next you will be telling me mine didn't make 530bhp at 1.7bar when it was proven over and over again ,, and same software used

you must have vast experience of mapping 1000's of subarus to just be able to tell what peoples cars will make just by the turbo and boost spec and never seeing it in person or anything ,, you should offer this a service as its a very unique skill that iv never seen before

RAGGY DOO 04 June 2021 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by domino46 (Post 12105886)

next you will be telling me mine didn't make 530bhp at 1.7bar when it was proven over and over again ,, and same software used

you must have vast experience of mapping 1000's of subarus to just be able to tell what peoples cars will make just by the turbo and boost spec and never seeing it in person or anything ,, you should offer this a service as its a very unique skill that iv never seen before

I think the general feed back is people are very happy with bobs mapping
It would be interested to see what the car does on the dyno
the op shouldn’t be carried away wit numbers it’s the way it drives on the road , reading his original post he’s very happy
I took my readout from Bob to use as a yard stick so to speak
never really had any intention of putting it on the dyno
So people are too caught up with the numbers

SmurfyBhoy 04 June 2021 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by domino46 (Post 12105885)
please explain how bob is not capable of using the software ?? after using it for so long with so many people dont you think he would get a fair idea on whether it works or not ,, bobs been mapping scoobs for a long time now lol,,, he would have loads of his customers going back saying there cars never made the number at rolling road days ??? ,, held loads of rolling road days with my club and had loads of subarus that bob mapped running on the day and all made what the owners said it should and that was based off bobs figures ,,, and by the way bob doesn't say these figures are set in stone its a guild on what it should be lol iv also seen many mapper use this same software with similar results when they haven't been able to have access to a RR

Its free software

Not saying he can't map i'm saying the virtual dyno software is a load of dung.

If you bothered to read anything i have wrote so far you might be able to see that but clearly not.

Should i just copy & paste until it sinks in ?

Yes they use it because they don't have access to a RR. you got something correct.....

These cars arn't magic. If you had a slight understanding of how they work you would know that power at that boost with that pump fuel & that turbo on what is essentially a stock (ish) setup just wont do it....

Quick i best get the free software & offer dyno printouts for 10 quid folk who can't afford a visit to the dyno...... really ??? Pull the other one mate.

what sort of times does your 530bhp car do, out of curiosity ?? Or is the only number you like to wave around a bhp figure hahaha

SmurfyBhoy 04 June 2021 12:43 PM

So your saying a half decent tuner or somebody with even a bit of knowledge couldn't give a good guess as to what a turbo will make @ a certain boost level on pump fuel ??

Did nobody teach you how to read a compressor map no.....

SmurfyBhoy 04 June 2021 12:56 PM

Btw an old non-billet FP red at only 24psi. Again on pump fuel.... i'd doubt that too hahah

Those snails wake up at closer to 2 bar so you telling me your gona have closer to 600bhp from an old FP red when used to its max hahaha

domino46 05 June 2021 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by SmurfyBhoy (Post 12105899)
Btw an old non-billet FP red at only 24psi. Again on pump fuel.... i'd doubt that too hahah

Those snails wake up at closer to 2 bar so you telling me your gona have closer to 600bhp from an old FP red when used to its max hahaha

yea I was waiting for this comment lol ,, no I dont have any quarter mile times as I never bothered to time myself but all the strip racing I did I was always in front and raced many 450+ subaru and other makes of car and pretty much left them standing so the car spoke for its self really ,, video of me on YouTube racing a Cosworth built hatch running 450bhp if you wanted to watch me leaving him behind lol
when I say my car is proven it doesn't mean that someone have guessed on Scoobnet how fast it is lol ,, means its been proven in the real world against real cars ,, this is why my cars get invited to all sorts of events as they do what I say they will

seen many hatchbacks since make very very similar numbers with the same turbo from loads of different mappers all across the uk ,,, so your clearly wrong again on that one but your vast experience with the FP range must mean me and about 10 others with the same FP red as mine didnt make what they said they have ,, you only have to look on the hatchback group on Facebook to realise that as they are all on there saying what a great turbo it is lol

yes we can all have a guess at the figures going by the spec , but only someone with vast experience using the same software over and over again would be able to do that acuratly lol ,,, dont you think someone using the same software in the same location for say the last 20+ years would know if the numbers were off ???

SmurfyBhoy 05 June 2021 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by domino46 (Post 12105921)
yea I was waiting for this comment lol ,, no I dont have any quarter mile times as I never bothered to time myself but all the strip racing I did I was always in front and raced many 450+ subaru and other makes of car and pretty much left them standing so the car spoke for its self really ,, video of me on YouTube racing a Cosworth built hatch running 450bhp if you wanted to watch me leaving him behind lol
when I say my car is proven it doesn't mean that someone have guessed on Scoobnet how fast it is lol ,, means its been proven in the real world against real cars ,, this is why my cars get invited to all sorts of events as they do what I say they will

seen many hatchbacks since make very very similar numbers with the same turbo from loads of different mappers all across the uk ,,, so your clearly wrong again on that one but your vast experience with the FP range must mean me and about 10 others with the same FP red as mine didnt make what they said they have ,, you only have to look on the hatchback group on Facebook to realise that as they are all on there saying what a great turbo it is lol

yes we can all have a guess at the figures going by the spec , but only someone with vast experience using the same software over and over again would be able to do that acuratly lol ,,, dont you think someone using the same software in the same location for say the last 20+ years would know if the numbers were off ???

"all sorts of events"

Not a single timed run hahaha or are those numbers not as fun to wave around as bobs dummy dyno sheet

Typical

Bet you wave yor fake dyno sheet around at those events too & a time recorded on your phone to pass off as a quarter mile run.

Can tell the numbers are off just by your claims on an old FP Red haha. Sounds like you got a super special 600bhp turbo when dialled in & turned up to the max pmsl.....

johno01 05 June 2021 04:38 PM

I think what’s been said already is right regarding the power band on a Subaru. My car is 340bhp and it will get smoked by these dsg cars off the mark. If I up the power the lag becomes even more frustrating, that’s not to say it’s not a fast car but my mates 400bhp golf r with dsg is ridiculously quick....I’m guessing it’s the same with s3, bmw 135, 140....so I’m more than happy going round in my blobeye knowing it’s rally heritage and the looks it gets but it is 16 years old now and it’s a classic car with a bit of punch but can’t keep up with the Cars of nowadays. People stop and stare at my car, talk to me about it and give compliments whereas they will never do that with a golf r, s3 etc....time has moved on...even newer Subarus are pi55 poor.

jaygsi 05 June 2021 05:21 PM

Only heard one bad mapping experience with Bob, the heated thread is on here. So is Bob. Heard loads of bad maps with duncan, hence why i didn't get him to map mine.

Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO (Post 12105891)
I think the general feed back is people are very happy with bobs mapping
It would be interested to see what the car does on the dyno
the op shouldn’t be carried away wit numbers it’s the way it drives on the road , reading his original post he’s very happy
I took my readout from Bob to use as a yard stick so to speak
never really had any intention of putting it on the dyno
So people are too caught up with the numbers

jaygsi 05 June 2021 05:35 PM

I'd cry driving a DSG golf, looks so boring to drive lol.

Loads of these performance euro boxes are rapid, but look dull are boring. I don't race other cars, i just want something thats fast, and good on the road, sounds amazing and looks amazing, and isn't common as muck. Subaru ticks all those boxes. A golf doesn't lol

Originally Posted by johno01 (Post 12105953)
I think what’s been said already is right regarding the power band on a Subaru. My car is 340bhp and it will get smoked by these dsg cars off the mark. If I up the power the lag becomes even more frustrating, that’s not to say it’s not a fast car but my mates 400bhp golf r with dsg is ridiculously quick....I’m guessing it’s the same with s3, bmw 135, 140....so I’m more than happy going round in my blobeye knowing it’s rally heritage and the looks it gets but it is 16 years old now and it’s a classic car with a bit of punch but can’t keep up with the Cars of nowadays. People stop and stare at my car, talk to me about it and give compliments whereas they will never do that with a golf r, s3 etc....time has moved on...even newer Subarus are pi55 poor.

johno01 05 June 2021 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 12105956)
I'd cry driving a DSG golf, looks so boring to drive lol.

Loads of these performance euro boxes are rapid, but look dull are boring. I don't race other cars, i just want something thats fast, and good on the road, sounds amazing and looks amazing, and isn't common as muck. Subaru ticks all those boxes. A golf doesn't lol

spot on jay 👍 it is a shame that our road going rally cars are slower than these average diesel cars or whatever but it’s just a case of the way the world is. In 50 years time our petrol guzzling non efficient Subarus etc will be a distant memory but at least we can say we owned one etc...

SmurfyBhoy 05 June 2021 06:08 PM

Folk cry about DSG yet would jizz themselves over a samsonas sequential..

Use the stick in the middle & pretend that's what it is if it really bothers you ahha

It's not the DSG that makes the golf R boring it's the fact it's a AWD Haldex Golf, would a dual clutch be boring in a GT2 RS ? Or a McLaren 720, 765LT ? I think not...

Would dual clutch be boring when AFP swapped the GTR trans into his monster.... i think not....

Even the ZF Auto in the 140i was amazing when had a TCU tune.

Although having driven some serious stage 2 golf's i can say when given enough poke they soon wake up, but if you want the ultimate VAG hatch it's the FL RS3, handled better than the scoob, sounded better than the scoob & went better than the scoob, costly but you get what you pay for & a totally different animal to the older pre facelifts that would just understeer off the road.

my 140i made almost 500ft lbs below 2000rpm & pulled from there to 7200rpm redline with a noise to wake the dead. Only mod was a 150 quid ebay decat pipe & a map for engine & box. 460bhp ish & 11.9 @ 125mph with 62-124mph in 7.6 seconds in rwd hatch.

I've done the whole "tooned" scooby thing and the 2000 rpm or less powerband soon gets boring & will only get worse the more powerful you make it.

These cars were great in their day but modern things have took such a leap forward in last few years it's just incredible. Back when they were at their peak the could hang with the Porsche Turbo's of the era. Nowadays there are GR Yaris' that would smoke them. Changed days & only makes me sad that Subaru let it go this way.

johno01 05 June 2021 06:11 PM

Il just give a quick plan or update of my car... Im getting the underside stripped and treated at tdr which will cost a pretty penny and I know it gets overlooked but it’s only adding to the value of my car..then I will up the power because it will appeal to a certain market when it comes to sellling....At 450bhp it will be fast as f*ck and looked after with all receipts..

johno01 05 June 2021 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by SmurfyBhoy (Post 12105960)
Folk cry about DSG yet would jizz themselves over a samsonas sequential..

Use the stick in the middle & pretend that's what it is if it really bothers you ahha

It's not the DSG that makes the golf R boring it's the fact it's a AWD Haldex Golf, would a dual clutch be boring in a GT2 RS ? Or a McLaren 720, 765LT ? I think not...

Would dual clutch be boring when AFP swapped the GTR trans into his monster.... i think not....

Even the ZF Auto in the 140i was amazing when had a TCU tune.

Although having driven some serious stage 2 golf's i can say when given enough poke they soon wake up, but if you want the ultimate VAG hatch it's the FL RS3, handled better than the scoob, sounded better than the scoob & went better than the scoob, costly but you get what you pay for & a totally different animal to the older pre facelifts that would just understeer off the road.

my 140i made almost 500ft lbs below 2000rpm & pulled from there to 7200rpm redline with a noise to wake the dead. Only mod was a 150 quid ebay decat pipe & a map for engine & box. 460bhp ish & 11.9 @ 125mph with 62-124mph in 7.6 seconds in rwd hatch.

I've done the whole "tooned" scooby thing and the 2000 rpm or less powerband soon gets boring & will only get worse the more powerful you make it.

These cars were great in their day but modern things have took such a leap forward in last few years it's just incredible. Back when they were at their peak the could hang with the Porsche Turbo's of the era. Nowadays there are GR Yaris' that would smoke them. Changed days & only makes me sad that Subaru let it go this way.

as you know mate there’s certain people I’d take note of what they say on here....the power band etc... and what you say is spot on but I’m happy with the fact it’s not the fastest car on the street but just the fact that it’s a Subaru blobeye if you get me. It’s iconic plus I’ve always got my son in the car so I’d never race anyway. My mates golf r at stage 2 was ridiculous, I’ve moaned in the past about people ragging up my arse and it still does my head in but there just jealous, even diesel cars would probably smoke it but they don’t sound no where near as good as it and I’m happy with it 👍

johno01 05 June 2021 06:25 PM

Just a quick question, if we have a tuned type r, is that a slug compared to these dsg cars?

Turbovin 05 June 2021 06:50 PM

My Type R with 360 hp did 100-150 in 3.17s and 100-200 in 9.38s with a very slow shift to 5th. A Golf R with similar power is over 10-11s from what I've seen

But I don't even care all that much, all VAG products are very dull and forgettable. They work good as daily drivers though (I have a 2018 Golf Estate, poverty spec, non dsg thankfully).

johno01 05 June 2021 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Turbovin (Post 12105968)
My Type R with 360 hp did 100-150 in 3.17s and 100-200 in 9.38s with a very slow shift to 5th. A Golf R with similar power is over 10-11s from what I've seen

But I don't even care all that much, all VAG products are very dull and forgettable. They work good as daily drivers though (I have a 2018 Golf Estate, poverty spec, non dsg thankfully).

mate I’d much rather have a STANDARD type r than any golf whatsoever 👍

bunsofsteeeel 05 June 2021 07:10 PM

I don’t see a issue with proper laptop dyno’s as long as it has the capability to have all the cars data inputted correctly and is directly plugged into the ecu to get the data it needs speed, gearbox ratio’s, weight and drag coefficient and tyre sizes, I can’t see why it wouldn’t be pretty close to the true figure