ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Holy MPG! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1044796-holy-mpg.html)

fpan 23 January 2017 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV (Post 11912863)
Rubbish. Couldn't give a monkies what fuel it uses. Smiles per mile is what it is all about....

No you are 100% right, there is no switch it is just ON! No point building a car like this to not use it. Every time I go out it is to beat it's head in....

You must either drive when no other car is on the road, be a danger to other road users or take the pi$$ ... seems like the latter ;)

Reminds me of the cruise control system I saw a taxi driver in Kusadasi use years ago: big stone on the accelerator pedal.

JGlanzaV 23 January 2017 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by fpan (Post 11913081)
You must either drive when no other car is on the road, be a danger to other road users or take the pi$$ ... seems like the latter ;)

Reminds me of the cruise control system I saw a taxi driver in Kusadasi use years ago: big stone on the accelerator pedal.

awww.... You obviously have no idea lol.

With great power comes great fuel bills....

fpan 23 January 2017 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV (Post 11913091)
awww.... You obviously have no idea lol.

With great power comes great fuel bills....

Unfortunately not everyone owns Shell's shares ;)

RAGGY DOO 23 January 2017 07:04 PM

I only do 3k a year in mine so fuel doesn't come into the equation for me like jglanza said it's more about smiles per gallon

fpan 23 January 2017 08:00 PM

Noone expects a Subaru to be as economic as a 1.4 NA petrol engine or an old school diesel but for people that do galactic miles a year fuel consumption is important.

Dblock 24 January 2017 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV (Post 11912863)
Rubbish. Couldn't give a monkies what fuel it uses. Smiles per mile is what it is all about....

No you are 100% right, there is no switch it is just ON! No point building a car like this to not use it. Every time I go out it is to beat it's head in....

Prophecy fulfilled.

JGlanzaV 24 January 2017 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Dblock (Post 11913255)
Prophecy fulfilled.

Not really.

You offered an opinion, I'm not sure you are qualified to offer prophecies... Maybe you class yourself as some kind of messiah? Or maybe you're just deluded?

Just because you are obviously so hard up for time to fill your car up you would rather drive like a granny than actually go out actually and enjoy it. I find threads like this absolutely hilarious to be honest.

Although I have never seen anyone claim putting fuel in a car as a chore:lol: If your car is that much fun it actually becomes fun filling it up, especially waiting for the moment to hit that high boost methanol map switch in the center console...

It is an event to drive my car. Maybe yours is just a hit naff if it is such a chore?

Dblock 24 January 2017 07:15 AM

I have no doubt for a second your car is better than mine. I never said anything about your car. I also like how you insinuate I drive like a granny. You are giving the big one my cars well fast and I get well low mpg aren't I cool. Sounds like you drive irresponsibly to me but I haven't seen you do it so I can't confirm that.

Either way I don't drive up to a petrol station going yeah it's time to spend money on petrol. Maybe renewing your insurance or paying VED is orgasmic for you each to their own. Would I get more smiles per miles if I put a hole in my tank?

I just fail to see why your so worked up about this. You try to insult me, make fun of my car and bait me into an argument over a difference of opinion? It's no big deal chill.

JGlanzaV 24 January 2017 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Dblock (Post 11913270)
I have no doubt for a second your car is better than mine. I never said anything about your car. I also like how you insinuate I drive like a granny. You are giving the big one my cars well fast and I get well low mpg aren't I cool. Sounds like you drive irresponsibly to me but I haven't seen you do it so I can't confirm that.

Either way I don't drive up to a petrol station going yeah it's time to spend money on petrol. Maybe renewing your insurance or paying VED is orgasmic for you each to their own. Would I get more smiles per miles if I put a hole in my tank?

I just fail to see why your so worked up about this. You try to insult me, make fun of my car and bait me into an argument over a difference of opinion? It's no big deal chill.

Go read about my car fella... It is nothing to do with driving irresponsibly. It is actually going out and using it....

Nothing to do with been "cool". Much the same as 30+mpg with magic arb's is not cool. In fact quite the opposite...

Honestly, as I said, it is an event to drive my car. It never even crosses my mind what fuel I put in it. I wouldn't car if it did 6 gallons to the mile as when you line up in the staging area and engage that first gear and launch control it is all worth it......

ditchmyster 24 January 2017 08:13 AM

Put the handbags away ladies, :lol1: besides you're comparing apples with oranges.

Those of us that use their cars as a daily and do say 1000 miles a month are probably... and rightly so... more concerned with getting reasonable mpg than those that have a 500+bhp weekend drag car/ toy... so lets not pull each others extensions out eh! :lol1:

After all... lets face it... if we were minted we'd be on a Porsche forum... not a Subaru forum. ;)

scooby2.5maz 24 January 2017 08:53 AM

After all... lets face it... if we were minted we'd be on a Porsche forum... not a Subaru forum.

Lol !

scooby2.5maz 24 January 2017 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11913293)
Put the handbags away ladies, :lol1: besides you're comparing apples with oranges.

Those of us that use their cars as a daily and do say 1000 miles a month are probably... and rightly so... more concerned with getting reasonable mpg than those that have a 500+bhp weekend drag car/ toy... so lets not pull each others extensions out eh! :lol1:

After all... lets face it... if we were minted we'd be on a Porsche forum... not a Subaru forum. ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

SubieJack 24 January 2017 12:00 PM

If we were minted, a 997 GT3 RS would be nice, but I'd also have a scooby. Unbeatable cars in winter, and just generally in another league when it comes to fun.

stig wrx 25 January 2017 07:19 PM

i only put £30 in at a time, more fuel more weight i recon lol and get about 130 miles give or take....running about 390bhp on a 2.5 sti
i think this it ok?
used to get about 190-200 in old wrx classic.
do i drive like yer granny?

ditchmyster 25 January 2017 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by SubieJack (Post 11913381)
If we were minted, a 997 GT3 RS would be nice, but I'd also have a scooby. Unbeatable cars in winter, and just generally in another league when it comes to fun.

Yeah sure you would, those 5.0L V8, v10 and v12 4wd American trucks, Porsches, Range Rovers, mercedes, Bentlys are $h!t, much rather have a Subaru. :lol1:

jayallen 25 January 2017 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV (Post 11913265)
I find threads like this absolutely hilarious to be honest.

I have to agree....I just don't get MPG threads, if its a concern then you've either bought the wrong car or you've realised you can't actually afford to run it!

SubieJack 29 January 2017 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11913768)
I have to agree....I just don't get MPG threads, if its a concern then you've either bought the wrong car or you've realised you can't actually afford to run it!

I swear some people are just too thick for their own good. You're missing the point.

jayallen 29 January 2017 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by SubieJack (Post 11914774)
I swear some people are just too thick for their own good. You're missing the point.

No, I got your point and my point is who gives a toss about MPG when driving an AWD car with a 2.0 turbo charged 16V engine derived from a successful rally heritage....:rolleyes:

fpan 29 January 2017 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11914804)
No, I got your point and my point is who gives a toss about MPG when driving an AWD car with a 2.0 turbo charged 16V engine derived from a successful rally heritage....:rolleyes:

There are people who use the car daily to commute 50/60 miles roundtrip, for them having acceptable fuel economy when not pushing is important.

jayallen 29 January 2017 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by fpan (Post 11914805)
There are people who use the car daily to commute 50/60 miles roundtrip, for them having acceptable fuel economy when not pushing is important.

Sorry I don't understand it, the day I worry about a cars fuel economy is the day I sell up and buy something more economical.

fpan 29 January 2017 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11914808)
Sorry I don't understand it, the day I worry about a cars fuel economy is the day I sell up and buy something more economical.

That's why when I started commuting 160 miles a day I had to sell my FSTi.
I now drive an Abarth 500 that can return 40mpg when cruising and still be fun when needed.
Ditto not a Subaru but a good compromise between economy and fun.

jayallen 29 January 2017 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by fpan (Post 11914811)
That's why when I started commuting 160 miles a day I had to sell my FSTi.
I now drive an Abarth 500 that can return 40mpg when cruising and still be fun when needed.
Ditto not a Subaru but a good compromise between economy and fun.

A friend of mine had a 500 Abarth but traded it in last year for a Mini Countryman because he wanted something bigger....He still regrets it.

SubieJack 29 January 2017 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11914808)

Nope, you still don't get it :lol1:

boosted 29 January 2017 05:55 PM

Running a 20-25% meth mix, mpg is terrible!