ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Engine Management and ECU Remapping (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/)
-   -   mobile mapping (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/1009140-mobile-mapping.html)

rixsta 08 September 2014 07:33 PM

dyno

Need to do a group dyno day with mapping..
Ive just rejoined but sure guys here use to do it in west mids meets

The Rig 12 September 2014 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by S700BYE (Post 11513641)
. But if u have a classic u will need a dif ecu DO NOT GO FOR ESL its a downloadable software witch is the cheapest option buttttt u can not get no extras like anti-lag hi-low boost ect.. the one up from that is a Alctek witch is a plug and play and u cam get extras (extra cost) believe me I spent so many weeks looking on different sites and reviews and In my opinion he's is one of the best. Good look with the scoobs :thumb:

:cuckoo: :sleep: :wonder:

A little bit more research is in order my friend :lol1:

jaygsi 12 September 2014 07:14 PM

Interesting 3 posts all the same lol. So your saying don't go for ESL which everyone on this site recommends?

iain710 12 September 2014 07:38 PM

Hi all...
I've just had an esl fitted and mapped by jgm on my 98 turbo 2000.
With the basics I went from 214 to 277 hp,the difference is amazing...
With regards to jgm,after doing a lot of reading up,he seemed the best option as I live down south,he's very helpful,explains what's going on,even managed to diagnose a cracked wastegate washer while he was at it....
A lot of people on Surrey scoobies rate him aswell.....

Give him a shout,I'm sure he'll help you out.

Andy Stevens 12 September 2014 10:26 PM

Utter bollocks. ESL has twin map, ALS, LC, Flatshift, traction control, knock control, Diagnostics, 3d boost control, MAFless, and it starts at £295+VAT. Why spread misinformation?

Helo my fellow subaru drivers :hjtwofing lol Simon from JGM will meet you anywhere you just have to cover the file cost witch isit much in a van. He was goin to meet me at wollaton park but I changed my mind and am now meeting him at RCMs dyno. Go on the JGM site his numbers at the botom he's a very busy guy so if u can't get through send him a txt he will get back to you ASAP. Wen getin ur subaru mapt experience pays and after a very very long time of Google searching I found hes one of the best from what I red in his young days he used to map fighter jets for the army wdf :notworthy He will run u thru ur options and you can decide wats best for you. But if u have a classic u will need a dif ecu DO NOT GO FOR ESL its a downloadable software witch is the cheapest option buttttt u can not get no extras like anti-lag hi-low boost ect.. the one up from that is a Alctek witch is a plug and play and u cam get extras (extra cost) believe me I spent so many weeks looking on different sites and reviews and In my opinion he's is one of the best. Good look with the scoobs :thumb:

piehole1983 13 September 2014 10:33 AM

Helo my fellow subaru drivers :hjtwofing lol Simon from JGM will meet you anywhere you just have to cover the file cost witch isit much in a van. He was goin to meet me at wollaton park but I changed my mind and am now meeting him at RCMs dyno. Go on the JGM site his numbers at the botom he's a very busy guy so if u can't get through send him a txt he will get back to you ASAP. Wen getin ur subaru mapt experience pays and after a very very long time of Google searching I found hes one of the best from what I red in his young days he used to map fighter jets for the army wdf :notworthy He will run u thru ur options and you can decide wats best for you. But if u have a classic u will need a dif ecu DO NOT GO FOR ESL its a downloadable software witch is the cheapest option buttttt u can not get no extras like anti-lag hi-low boost ect.. the one up from that is a Alctek witch is a plug and play and u cam get extras (extra cost) believe me I spent so many weeks looking on different sites and reviews and In my opinion he's is one of the best. Good look with the scoobs :thumb:

Seriously dude, do a bit more homework. ESL is a great product which is a very clever hardware based upgrade to the ECU. I have it in my 97 UK Turbo and couldn't be happier. It's got all the features anyone could want, including anti lag, launch control, torque control, the list goes on.

*matthewturb2000* 13 September 2014 11:02 AM

So what would your opinion be of what mappable ecu to fit to a pre 99

S700BYE 13 September 2014 02:43 PM

I am rong Sori :(

I took your advice and did more research on esl. ignore that bit plz I was under the influence of alcohol and some Google sites are missing leading I am Sori :(. As a wise man ones sed it takes a Jewish man to admit he's rong lol. Best thing to do is phone the mapper they will be happy to help as the subaru owner=money p.s I will never post agen until all my facts are 100% on point

jaygsi 13 September 2014 07:11 PM

Lol what impreza you got by the way? I've heard nothing bad about esl all good.

my94wrx 13 September 2014 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Andy Stevens (Post 11513807)
Utter bollocks. ESL has twin map, ALS, LC, Flatshift, traction control, knock control, Diagnostics, 3d boost control, MAFless, and it starts at £295+VAT. Why spread misinformation?

so the motorsports pack has been released for version 1/2 impreza's then?