ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   SOMEONE has been telling LIES! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1000317-someone-has-been-telling-lies.html)

David_Dickson 24 March 2014 08:06 AM

^^^ exactly - They may be knocking 20p per litre off the fuel price, but you have to spend five hundred quid in store to achieve that - the loss they make on the fuel will be made up many times over on what you spend in the shop, and it has also got everyone talking about them too. Double win for them, really.

fatscoobfella1 24 March 2014 08:30 AM

I cant believe people get taken in by Tesco and there money scams for the idiots that cant add up..

Spend £500 in a month and get 20p a litre of fuel....ha ha...

I mean how much overpriced poor quality crap would you need to consume?

alcazar 24 March 2014 12:23 PM

I hate the place. Their customer service is second to everyone.

And here, their carpark can literally gridlock around Christmas....FORTY minutes before you can get out of a space??? Another HOUR to get out of the actual carpark????

Yet Tesco aren't interested and won't do anything about it. I voted with my feet about three years ago.

Now, I buy Momentum for the Scoob...when I have to......I've done under 200 miles in the last four months!

neil-h 24 March 2014 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by daviee (Post 11387563)
20p a litre in a 50 litre fill up is £10 and in a circa £50 quid shop Tesco will make circa 25% so they are up and that's £50 not spent in Asda or Morrison's so its win win and you may go back next week. Clever marketing if you ask me.

Originally Posted by warrenm2 (Post 11387587)
For the hard of understanding... Loss leader - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thank you both gentleman, i was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who saw the initial rant as nonsensical.

David Lock 24 March 2014 01:48 PM

FWIW we use Lidl for general household goods and odd stuff like frozen prawns and small beef cuts but not yet convinced about quality of some meat products. Waitrose has the best quality but too expensive for us.

Asda is a good compromise for wine and foodstuffs. Fed up with trying farm shops as they should be cheaper but they're not.

Sadly local butcher is very expensive. Co Op is terrible on many prices.

dl

Chip 25 March 2014 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11387733)

Now, I buy Momentum for the Scoob...when I have to......I've done under 200 miles in the last four months!

So you do pay high road tax, expensive service costs, crap mpg, all to do around 15 miles a week yet you moan about a few pence per litre on fuel. Are you nuts;)

ALi-B 25 March 2014 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11387733)
I hate the place. Their customer service is second to everyone.

And here, their carpark can literally gridlock around Christmas....FORTY minutes before you can get out of a space??? Another HOUR to get out of the actual carpark????

Yet Tesco aren't interested and won't do anything about it. I voted with my feet about three years ago.

Our local Tesco does that.

But its not teh fault of Tesco...you see they built a bypass..partly funded by Tesco to allow them to build it. Along with some starter homes/flats

BUT the council refused to allow them to put in a roundabout (or traffic lights), so instead there is a T junction. Too many want to turn right out of Teco, traffic is too heavy to allow traffic to pull out, which mean teh entire Teco car park gridlocks. Same happens with teh petrol station (which is why I fill up at 1:00am). :mad:

joz8968 25 March 2014 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Chip (Post 11388703)

So you do pay high road tax, expensive service costs, crap mpg, all to do around 15 miles a week yet you moan about a few pence per litre on fuel. Are you nuts;)

To quote Tesco:

"Every little helps."

Probably.

:D

paulr 25 March 2014 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 11387771)
Sadly local butcher is very expensive.

dl

Same here, way too expensive.

Asda is the new Aldi.

RobsyUK 27 March 2014 08:10 AM

With my 20p off you can use it in one transaction upto 100 litres. That's 2 cars and a jerry can!