ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   The 2011-2012 Man United Thread (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/894960-the-2011-2012-man-united-thread.html)

ilogikal1 02 June 2012 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX (Post 10648855)
Don't forget most City fans these days were Chelsea fans last year, so they still get a bit confused :thumb:

Ah, but of course. It all makes sense to me now. :D

Funkii Munkii 05 June 2012 10:56 AM

This whole Rio affair is getting a bit embarassing now, I guess when Roy made his "footballing decision" he didn't forsee the situation arising where he had to choose a kid with 22 minutes experience over Ferdinand, I bet he wishes it was Terry with a double fracture of the jaw, life would have been so much easier for him ;)

CREWJ 05 June 2012 01:03 PM

Yeah it's getting silly now. At least we just signed that Shinji Kagawa. Seems promising.

FlightMan 05 June 2012 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 10652086)
This whole Rio affair is getting a bit embarassing now, I guess when Roy made his "footballing decision" he didn't forsee the situation arising where he had to choose a kid with 22 minutes experience over Ferdinand, I bet he wishes it was Terry with a double fracture of the jaw, life would have been so much easier for him ;)

Hodgson is just doing what he did at Liverpool. Showing how he is out of his depth managing top players.

Kelly over Ferdinand? Pleeeease. :nono:

Funkii Munkii 05 June 2012 05:30 PM

Everyone's thinking it, Roberts is saying it

"It's a very strange situation, and I think a lot of people are finding it unnerving a player of that ability is not making the squad.

"He's certainly as good as anybody there, if not better. There is no doubt that Rio would fit in there quite easily. If there are other issues around that situation, then we need to be a little bit more honest about it."

I wonder if members of the squad are thinking it as well, again we have John Terry disrupting a major tournament for England, what does he have on the FA I wonder :confused:

chocolate_o_brian 05 June 2012 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 10652459)
"It's a very strange situation, and I think a lot of people are finding it unnerving a player of that ability is not making the squad.

"He's certainly as good as anybody there, if not better. There is no doubt that Rio would fit in there quite easily. If there are other issues around that situation, then we need to be a little bit more honest about it."

I wonder if members of the squad are thinking it as well, again we have John Terry disrupting a major tournament for England, what does he have on the FA I wonder :confused:

+1 as I don't think Rio is 'past it' to the tune of not even being a back up. I think the Kelly choice is wrong and another suitable back up should have been picked :(

pauld37 05 June 2012 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 10652459)

:lol1: Yes, I'm sure they are thinking exactly that :lol1: :cuckoo: not should we have a drug taking cheat in our team :)

chocolate_o_brian 05 June 2012 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by pauld37 (Post 10652651)
:lol1: Yes, I'm sure they are thinking exactly that :lol1: :cuckoo: not should we have a drug taking cheat in our team :)

Hmmmm, alleged drug taker orrrr racist and adulterer ;)

pauld37 05 June 2012 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 10652673)
Hmmmm, alleged drug taker orrrr racist and adulterer ;)

Alleged also, I think you'll find :p

chocolate_o_brian 05 June 2012 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by pauld37 (Post 10652685)
Alleged also, I think you'll find :p

I doubt Wayne Bridge would agree :D

pauld37 05 June 2012 08:22 PM

:lol1:

CREWJ 05 June 2012 09:07 PM

I probably wouldn't have picked Rio in the first place as he hasn't been that great this season. But considering all the alternatives, I find it hard to believe.

addi monster 05 June 2012 09:15 PM

well done woy for standing your ground, rio has had a bad season and is struggling with injuries, we need a fit team that can play not a great team that can watch.

Aaron1978 06 June 2012 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by addi monster (Post 10652948)
well done woy for standing your ground, rio has had a bad season and is struggling with injuries, we need a fit team that can play not a great team that can watch.

Don't let truth get in the way will you:lol1:

addi monster 06 June 2012 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by azz250478 (Post 10653543)

The truth has more of a chance of getting in the way these days as rio certainly cant (crocked) :lol1:

yellowvanman 06 June 2012 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by azz250478 (Post 10653543)

He never does let the truth get in the way of talking bollox!

addi monster 06 June 2012 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by yellowvanman (Post 10653606)

pahhh,,,

rio for england,,,, thats bollox mr piss stained vanman :lol1:

hes done nothing of merrit this year and cant even play a string of matches because hes crocked :freak3:

i knew you maure fans were thick but ffs :lol:

addi monster 06 June 2012 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by yellowvanman (Post 10653606)

pahhh,,,

hes done nothing of merrit this year and cant even play a string of matches because hes crocked :freak3:

i knew you manure fans were thick but ffs :lol:

Aaron1978 06 June 2012 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by addi monster (Post 10653611)
pahhh,,,

i knew you manure fans were thick but ffs :lol:

He played the last 17 games in a row with two stints of three games in seven days in those 17:rolleyes:

He also played in the second best defence in the league that was ravaged by injury for large parts! He played in 30 out of 38 games in the PL alone. Where do you get your info? Stop reading Roy of the Rovers for match reports:D

Most people barring a few with Liverpool connections (sensible ones) including players/managers/pundits across Europe can't make sense of it. I even feel sorry for Kelly believe it or not as he is going to be a top defender but the circumstances surrounding his selection are taking away how good it is for him.

yellowvanman 06 June 2012 04:46 PM

Please don't cloud Addi's world with facts, it will only confuse him further, and lead to more out pouring of banal drivel . :thumb:

belliott69 06 June 2012 06:57 PM

To change the subject to Kagawa for a bit, read a great piece about him on the bbc site earlier. Really does not sound like just a shirt seller, more effective last season than Ribery and Robben.

yellowvanman 06 June 2012 07:37 PM

I read the same review, sounds like he maybe a very good signing. Though to be honest I had never heard of him until Utd registered an interest in him.

Plus It won't do Utd shirt sales any harm in the far East! :thumb:

CREWJ 06 June 2012 10:29 PM

I really hope he's a great replacement for Scholes. If he's anything like Park his work ethic will be unbelievable. Most of the Asian teams work really, really hard (Japan/China/Korea/etc.)

davegtt 07 June 2012 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by yellowvanman (Post 10654009)
I read the same review, sounds like he maybe a very good signing. Though to be honest I had never heard of him until Utd registered an interest in him.

Plus It won't do Utd shirt sales any harm in the far East! :thumb:

Surprise surprise, United fan knowing nothing about football unless its in the Premier League ;)

pauld37 07 June 2012 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by davegtt (Post 10655373)
Surprise surprise, United fan knowing nothing about football unless its in the Premier League ;)

..........or posted on here :D

yellowvanman 07 June 2012 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by davegtt (Post 10655373)

:lol: Yep, have to admit to never watch the Bundesliga or The J league for that matter.
I do however go to League 2 games regularly, think that's outside the PL? :thumb: