ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Israel thread (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/888171-israel-thread.html)

hodgy0_2 24 May 2011 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 10055960)
He's saying the BBC should report the pro-Palestinian narrative, it's quite clear he is biased, just he shamefully veils this behind 'contextualization' and pseudo-scientific 'research'.

he is saying the BBC should report the truth

maybe the truth is pro-palestinian

AsifScoob 24 May 2011 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 10054378)
You should right a poem about their 'concern' for the Pallies, read it like a School Girl in assembly.:rolleyes:

The pro-Palestinian side couldn't give a toss about the Pallies. The Arabs keep them locked up in refugee camps after all this time and deny them citizenship and rights etc. I'm talking Jordan, Syrian etc.

Gadaffi kicked them out of Libya and told them to walk home a few years ago.

Rich Arab states could have resettled them years ago just doesn't suit them to have the problem solved. Their elites use the Israelis to focus their populations anger and frustration on...to divert the blame from their own failings.

The Islamists exploit the conflict for their own political ends, and the euro left exploit the conflict to give themselves some relevance.

Believe me, the last thing they do is 'care' about the Pallies. It's just a pose.

Ooohhh you're so nasty!!

Going by your own logic, what has the fate of the Palestinians got to do with other Arab nations? Why should they take the slack for your murdering, Zionist friends and let them off the hook?

Tell the European, Zionist, land stealing, scumbags to feck off back to their own country.

You surely approve of this anti mass immigration stategy?

AsifScoob 24 May 2011 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 10054117)
Hamas appropriating 'The Elders' or the imagined response of Netanyahu?

Whatever Hamas says is cool with me. ;)

tony de wonderful 24 May 2011 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by AsifScoob (Post 10056141)
Ooohhh you're so nasty!!

Going by your own logic, what has the fate of the Palestinians got to do with other Arab nations? Why should they take the slack for your murdering, Zionist friends and let them off the hook?

Tell the European, Zionist, land stealing, scumbags to feck off back to their own country.

You surely approve of this anti mass immigration stategy?

The Arab states went to war on the Pallies behalf in 1948 and lost them their share of the partition.

They caused half the problem...the exodus etc.

AsifScoob 24 May 2011 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 10054308)
Looks like you have run out of argument.

At least I have the patience to deal with you.

You've really kept this thread going haven't you? :lol1:

You haven't answered a single point, or countered a single arguement in this thread. You've just avoided every single question, because the mere fact that anyone dares to criticise your precious Israel has got you all frothing at the mouth.

The irony of course is that if you ever tried to go to Israel, they would never let you in, because you have been to places like Libya, or have you??:wonder:

AsifScoob 24 May 2011 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 10056148)
The Arab states went to war on the Pallies behalf in 1948 and lost them their share of the partition.

They caused half the problem...the exodus etc.

All caused by the Zionist invasion.

tony de wonderful 24 May 2011 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by AsifScoob (Post 10056150)
The irony of course is that if you ever tried to go to Israel, they would never let you in, because you have been to places like Libya, or have you??:wonder:

It's the other way around. Muslims countries might not let you in if you have an Israel stamp.

Anyway I have two passports.:lol1:

AsifScoob 24 May 2011 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 10056162)
It's the other way around. Muslims countries might not let you in if you have an Israel stamp.

Anyway I have two passports.:lol1:

No, it's both ways. Trust you turn it into an anti Muslim comment. :Whatever_

So, you lie to your Israeli bretheren? Says it all really. :Whatever_

Anyway, stop lying about your travels, you have never left your council estate in Cheetham Hill.:lol1:

tony de wonderful 24 May 2011 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by AsifScoob (Post 10056461)

No it's not.

AsifScoob 24 May 2011 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 10056484)
No it's not.

No it's not what?

And why would you lie to your Israeli friends?

JTaylor 24 May 2011 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by AsifScoob (Post 10056143)
Whatever Hamas says is cool with me. ;)

Why the wink? Can't commit? :)

f1_fan 24 May 2011 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by AsifScoob (Post 10056461)

So, you lie to your Israeli bretheren? Says it all really. :Whatever_

Anyway, stop lying about your travels, you have never left your council estate in Cheetham Hill.:lol1:

Cheetham Hill?.... more like Sedgeley Park ;) :D :D

AsifScoob 26 May 2011 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 10056692)
Why the wink? Can't commit? :)

Sorry to say this James, it's so that you realise that I am joking.

I wouldn't want you to quote that to me in say, another anti Muslim thread/Anti Israeli thread in future: accusing me of wanting to kill Jews or something.

I hope that's ok?

AsifScoob 26 May 2011 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10056708)
Cheetham Hill?.... more like Sedgeley Park ;) :D :D

I felt CH to be more appropriate, as it is an area with a quite a Pakistani population, so I am told, and of course home to the World Famous Embassy Club.:D

But I digress.

Anyone fancy a wager on who will win in Obama vs Netanyahu? TDW's too chicken to take my bet.

Asif

JTaylor 26 May 2011 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by AsifScoob (Post 10058433)
Sorry to say this James, it's so that you realise that I am joking.

I wouldn't want you to quote that to me in say, another anti Muslim thread/Anti Israeli thread in future: accusing me of wanting to kill Jews or something.

I hope that's ok?

So you don't support Hamas, then? :)

AsifScoob 26 May 2011 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 10058508)
So you don't support Hamas, then? :)

Yes I do. I don't necessarily support everything that they do, but they are the legitimate voice of Gaza.

If I lived there, I would vote for them.

Instead of rejecting them from day one, the Israelis, who brought about the existence of Hamas, should have dealt with them better.

Who knows? They might have got Hamas to voluntarily drop their failure to recognise Israel and perhaps saved a few lives on both sides.

Do you unequivocally support Israel? :)

f1_fan 26 May 2011 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by AsifScoob (Post 10058435)
I felt CH to be more appropriate, as it is an area with a quite a Pakistani population, so I am told, and of course home to the World Famous Embassy Club.:D

LOL, ah I get you ;) Just Sedgeley Park has one or two kosher shops ;)

AsifScoob 26 May 2011 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10059112)
LOL, ah I get you ;) Just Sedgeley Park has one or two kosher shops ;)

LOL!

JTaylor 26 May 2011 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by AsifScoob (Post 10059102)
Yes I do. I don't necessarily support everything that they do, but they are the legitimate voice of Gaza.

Instead of rejecting them from day one, the Israelis, who brought about the existence of Hamas, should have dealt with them better.

Who knows? They might have got Hamas to voluntarily drop their failure to recognise Israel and perhaps saved a few lives on both sides.

Yes. If one cares about this any equivication's already desolved. That doesn't mean I don't struggle with the ethical and moral challenges, but owing to my beliefs any other position would be uncogent, hypocritical and dishonest. Do I have compassion and sympathy and understanding for the people (not the militants) known as Palestinians? Absolutely.

Did you read the League of Nations document? :)

AsifScoob 26 May 2011 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 10059135)
Yes. If one cares about this any equivication's already desolved. That doesn't mean I don't struggle with the ethical and moral challenges, but owing to my beliefs any other position would be uncogent, hypocritical and dishonest. Do I have compassion and sympathy and understanding for the people (not the militants) known as Palestinians? Absolutely.

I didn't, sorry. Travelling does not allow me too much time online. I am finishing my last but one drink then am off to bed. (Have had to resort to good old Whisky and coke, as the bar at this supposed 5* Hotel have run out of Tomato Juice for Bloody Marys!)

AsifScoob 26 May 2011 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 10059135)

Meant to say, on your first point, I think I have a similar stance, just a different POV.

tony de wonderful 26 May 2011 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by AsifScoob (Post 10059102)

Should the Pallies take responsibility for anything?

AsifScoob 26 May 2011 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 10059224)
Should the Pallies take responsibility for anything?

I'll tell you what Tone, I'll answer some of your questions, if you answer some of mine. Fair?

And don't say you have. Your ducking and diving is quite tiresome and shows a complete lack of debate (like that was news to me!)

tony de wonderful 26 May 2011 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by AsifScoob (Post 10059242)
I'll tell you what Tone, I'll answer some of your questions, if you answer some of mine. Fair?

And don't say you have. Your ducking and diving is quite tiresome and shows a complete lack of debate (like that was news to me!)

I'm not ducking anything except that other thread about my ethnicity which I won't dignify with an answer.

I've already outlined a response to your 'bet'.

AsifScoob 26 May 2011 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 10059278)
I'm not ducking anything except that other thread about my ethnicity which I won't dignify with an answer.

I've already outlined a response to your 'bet'.

Tony, I resolved that issue with you ages ago, so I don't need to ask you about your ethnicity. (I think background does provide a frame for an answer within a debate, even if it is just someones perception of you, or whether they can 'connect' with you in some way: you are invisible, remember?)

I am talking specifically on the issues we are supposed to be debating on this thread.

I am being sincere when I say you have just ducked and dived, changed the subject, attempted to distract, etc etc.

If you just want a rehash of what you say to others and nothing more, carry on as you are. If you want to debate serious issues of the day, with other intelligent people, regardless of their POV, treat them as you expect to be treated.

I don't see what your problem is.