ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Will CURRYS Come Good?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/641658-will-currys-come-good.html)

Leslie 19 November 2007 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 7417085)
Morning Les - you over the worst of that virus?

Hi Pete. Thanks for asking, its slowly getting better. Didn't enjoy it much though.

Les :)

andrewdelvard 19 November 2007 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 7421536)
Just got a standard letter from the Credit Card Company ....... basically admiting that they are jointly liable in law - but, saying that I must pursue CURRYS through the Courts first. Not quite sure if thats true.

Anyway, rang them up - apparently, if you put the amount into 'dispute' they will knock that amount off your balance until the claim is settled ...... effectively giving you your money back, for a while at least!

I'm sure CURRYS will sit up and listen more to the CC Company than poor likkle me ;)

Need to do some more research on how far I need to take the dispute before claiming off the Credit Card Company ................... ??

Aren't the credit card company going to investigate this now? I'm intrigued that they appear to have put the onus on you to further this matter. On the two occasions I've gone through the process, they've gone on to investigate it and on both occasions I've been refunded.

pslewis 19 November 2007 07:21 PM

Spoken to Consumer Direct .... the Credit Card Companies ALWAYS try and escape without dealing furtgher with you, so they say.

Also, as a Consumer, you can chase the Retailer, the Credit Card Company, or BOTH! You do not have to take the retailer to the wire first.

They say that the Credit Card Company have a much lower pain threshold than CURRYS - they are far more likely to pay instead of fighting. I can take either to court!

Interesting all this, the 'feeling' you get going through this is that many customers are short-changed on their consumer rights .... they refuse to fight and give up - thus encouraging bad practises from the likes of CURRYS!

Graz 20 November 2007 10:47 AM

I've finally figured out Lewis's problem.......

I've got this gadget on my scooby that monitors the engine for strange noises that some call det. Anyway when I'm giving it a bit of welly I get this little green light flickering away on my dashboard. Some here call this clever little gadget a Cocklink.

The folks at LG heard about Lewis's obsession with Cocklinks and have kindly fitted one to his telly. He must have the brightness set dangerously high, the little green pixel is flickering to let him know it could cause some damage and to back it off a little.

The anals have finally had their revenge. Hope you are enjoying your LG plasma with added Cocklink :luxhello:

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :p

pslewis 20 November 2007 01:20 PM

Very good Graz ;)

A CockLink Plasma TV?? I reckon that could sell :lol1:

It did turn red when I knocked into the screen .... :eek:

WRX_Dazza 20 November 2007 01:25 PM

There will be new technology out, once this ever gets resolved... ;)

pete, it looks alright from here mate :)

http://readymademag.com/blog/wp-cont...4/old%20TV.jpg

pslewis 20 November 2007 01:41 PM

The funny thing is - that TV wouldn't have a faulty pixel would it?? :lol1:

Were CURRYS selling TV's in the old days? Looking at the bad press they get I am surprised they are still in business.

pslewis 21 November 2007 08:46 AM

'Letter Before Court Action' to go out today.

Just revisited every Consumer Website I can find, spoken again to CAB, contacted Consumer Direct to clarify points. It seems I have an extremely strong case - we will see what CURRYS response will be?

I suspect they will issue a defence in court and take it to the wire.

Leslie 21 November 2007 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 7426503)

Just revisited every Consumer Website I can find, spoken again to CAB, contacted Consumer Direct to clarify points. It seems I have an extremely strong case - we will see what CURRYS response will be?

Good luck.

Les

andy97 21 November 2007 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 7426503)

Copied and sent by special delivery I hope. Cant trust them to admit to receiving it!

Andy

pslewis 21 November 2007 01:02 PM

Certainly copied and Recorded Delivery ..... still revisiting the words and detail of the letter.

The first draft went something like "Go ***k yourself you sh**ty excuse for a retailer, may the cr*p from a thousand camels land on your heads, see you in court you pile of stinking s**t"

2nd draft left out the first ***k ...... ;)

Up to 8th draft at the moment :lol1:

You lot posting here has given me the strength and will to carry on - keep it up! :thumb:

chocolate_o_brian 21 November 2007 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 7427159)
Certainly copied and Recorded Delivery ..... still revisiting the words and detail of the letter.

The first draft went something like "Go ***k yourself you sh**ty excuse for a retailer, may the cr*p from a thousand camels land on your heads, see you in court you pile of stinking s**t"

2nd draft left out the first ***k ...... ;)

Up to 8th draft at the moment :lol1:

You lot posting here has given me the strength and will to carry on - keep it up! :thumb:

calm down, your starting to sound like dci when hes in a "love" mood:freak3:

_RIP_ 21 November 2007 07:34 PM

pslewis, bizarrely I've always been able to sort out any tedious problems I have on my own. Low and behold this means that I have the recourse of not having to ask SN and form an 18 page thread to get by in life. Perhaps this is due to the fact that I was born with an innate ability to do what I think is correct without consulting a public forum every minute. HTH :D

pslewis 22 November 2007 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by _RIP_ (Post 7428013)
pslewis, bizarrely I've always been able to sort out any tedious problems I have on my own. Low and behold this means that I have the recourse of not having to ask SN and form an 18 page thread to get by in life. Perhaps this is due to the fact that I was born with an innate ability to do what I think is correct without consulting a public forum every minute. HTH :D

You are limiting your knowledge then - I use every resource at my disposal.

For a person such as yourself, with such an innate ability, it must be a bit bemusing to find that you feel the compulsion to post slagging someone else off - especially someone you don't know?

Thats not a skill, it's a real weakness.

EDIT:- I have just seen that your profile shows an Infraction which claims to be from me - I can assure you that it wasn't my Infraction ..... you probably deserved it, but I certainly didn't award you it.

_RIP_ 22 November 2007 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 7429176)

For a person such as yourself, with such an innate ability, it must be a bit bemusing to find that you feel the compulsion to post slagging someone else off - especially someone you don't know?

Thats not a skill, it's a real weakness.

EDIT:- I have just seen that your profile shows an Infraction which claims to be from me - I can assure you that it wasn't my Infraction ..... you probably deserved it, but I certainly didn't award you it.

Sure pete, and you're such a paragon of truth ;)

I'm not slagging you off, far from it. I'm only offering an alternative reality :D

Devildog 22 November 2007 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 7429176)

I suspect thats more thorugh necessity than choice though Pete ;)

_RIP_ 22 November 2007 05:31 PM

:lol1:

pslewis 22 November 2007 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by _RIP_ (Post 7430119)
Sure pete, and you're such a paragon of truth ;)

I'm not slagging you off, far from it. I'm only offering an alternative reality :D

Only half of the lies I tell aren't true!!!

You are offering YOUR reality? Nah, thanks all the same - I'll stay in mine, it is way more interesting that yours :D

Luminous 22 November 2007 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Devildog (Post 7430174)
I suspect thats more thorugh necessity than choice though Pete ;)

that has to be comment of the day :)

Perhaps we should just turn this thread into a general humour forum. The whole idea of Pete seeing being haunted by little flashy lights is most amusing :lol1: :notworthy

Let us hope he does not realise the true valve of what he has. His TV is simply incubating a little baby Martian.

_RIP_ 22 November 2007 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 7430671)
Only half of the lies I tell aren't true!!!

You are offering YOUR reality? Nah, thanks all the same - I'll stay in mine, it is way more interesting that yours :D

Sure m8, 'whatever'. So :) How's your BMW? :lol1:

Yeah, your fruitcake life looks ever so schweet to me :D

Do I need to quote? ;)

Leslie 23 November 2007 12:20 PM

What is your previous record for the length of a thread Pete?

pslewis 23 November 2007 12:29 PM

Les, I must hold the record - I guess?? ;)

No idea what that was, maybe the Anal Oil Change Thread?

Apparently I am an attention whore, so those people giving me all the attention tell me :lol1:

Anyway, back on track ..... the Letter Before Court Action went Recorded Delivery today.

Looking at the cases that have gone before, it is clear that CURRYS are quite willing to defend their corner and go to court. In 90% of the cases they offer a settlement just before the hearing - in the remainder 10% they have lost :lol1: (not quite true, but they spend a lot of time, money and effort in pi55ing customers off ..... which is quite staggering!).

Leslie 23 November 2007 01:03 PM

Stick with it-they deserve to lose-heavily!

Les

ThE RoChFoRd OnE! 23 November 2007 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Graz (Post 7423891)
I've finally figured out Lewis's problem.......

I've got this gadget on my scooby that monitors the engine for strange noises that some call det. Anyway when I'm giving it a bit of welly I get this little green light flickering away on my dashboard. Some here call this clever little gadget a Cocklink.

The folks at LG heard about Lewis's obsession with Cocklinks and have kindly fitted one to his telly. He must have the brightness set dangerously high, the little green pixel is flickering to let him know it could cause some damage and to back it off a little.

The anals have finally had their revenge. Hope you are enjoying your LG plasma with added Cocklink :luxhello:

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :p

ROFLMFAO:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If this had been I it would have been straight to the shop and under the Sale of Goods Act replaced immediately or arrests would have followed;)

Bugger 12 pages of anal drivel and asking the Chuckle Brothers at Currys (to you to me) for a decision. You've more chance of getting a referendum over Europe or Chancellors to call an election:D

Either way good luck in the courts at least you may get a day out of the old home;)

pslewis 23 November 2007 04:40 PM

Thanks for your support 'ThE RoChFoRd OnE!'

PMSL at 'The Chuckle Brothers' at CURRYS :thumb: You've met them too then?? :lol1:

I have had 3 letters from CURRYS from 3 different people, you would have thought - by now - someone would have grabbed this by the horns and sorted it out?

They are desperately trying to hide behind the "We offered to take it into the Workshops for further Investigation" in an atempt to appear reasonable to the court. FFS everyone knows it's a faulty panel - end of, no investigation needed ............ this panel is dead, deceased, is no more :D

Funny thing is that, in law, the TV is deemed to have had the fault since new - LGE's own 12 month guarantee protects against defective materials and workmanship - CURRYS say that the Panel has a 'Purity Error' ...... which means the panel is made up of a defective material :lol1:

Yet they are still up for Court :lol1: They are going to look so good aren't they? :D

Supercue 23 November 2007 09:36 PM

Has anyone noticed all of the Currys Ads posted by Google on this page:cuckoo: :D

ThE RoChFoRd OnE! 24 November 2007 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 7432965)
Thanks for your support 'ThE RoChFoRd OnE!'

PMSL at 'The Chuckle Brothers' at CURRYS :thumb: You've met them too then?? :lol1:

I have had 3 letters from CURRYS from 3 different people, you would have thought - by now - someone would have grabbed this by the horns and sorted it out?

They are desperately trying to hide behind the "We offered to take it into the Workshops for further Investigation" in an atempt to appear reasonable to the court. FFS everyone knows it's a faulty panel - end of, no investigation needed ............ this panel is dead, deceased, is no more :D

Funny thing is that, in law, the TV is deemed to have had the fault since new - LGE's own 12 month guarantee protects against defective materials and workmanship - CURRYS say that the Panel has a 'Purity Error' ...... which means the panel is made up of a defective material :lol1:

Yet they are still up for Court :lol1: They are going to look so good aren't they? :D

Maybe they post on here and know who you are:Suspiciou

Leslie 24 November 2007 12:00 PM

I like a bit of a chuckle!

pslewis 24 November 2007 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by ThE RoChFoRd OnE! (Post 7434319)
Maybe they post on here and know who you are:Suspiciou

They should damned well shake in their boots in that case :lol1:

Supercue 24 November 2007 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 7432965)
this panel is dead, deceased, is no more :D

Too much Monty Python me thinks:smug: