ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   A45 AMG, some issues. (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/1010808-a45-amg-some-issues.html)

scoobyJim2 08 December 2014 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 11577712)

Yea well he's American so your argument is irrelevant :)

Hey theres a law about equal opportunities ;)

Vtec-Abuser 09 December 2014 06:10 PM

Wow, this thread has seriously gone off the rails!!! :cuckoo: Why people keep rising to some bloke who claims he can beat any car because he has longer gears, I don't know.. :freak3:

Originally Posted by Littleted (Post 11575056)

Guys also won the 1000 dollar willall reward he posted 11.48 in a mapped stage 1 a45 target was first a45 under 12

Little out there Ted.. It was 11.84, not 11.48 (big difference) and it was ran here, so means bugger all IMO..

It will happen very soon though, that I have no doubt.

Boyakasha 09 December 2014 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Vtec-Abuser (Post 11578206)
Wow, this thread has seriously gone off the rails!!! :cuckoo: Why people keep rising to some bloke who claims he can beat any car because he has longer gears, I don't know.. :freak3:

Little out there Ted.. It was 11.84, not 11.48 (big difference) and it was ran here, so means bugger all IMO..

I'd have to agree on the strip being a little questionable, it's been raised on the A Class Forum. I think Ted made a typo and meant 11.84.

scoobyJim2 09 December 2014 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Vtec-Abuser (Post 11578206)

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgW5K948UA0

Don't claim to beat any car,just the ones I've mentioned!
Read it and weep if you like or just accept it! People like yourself twisting words,makes it sound unbelievable but am i the only person to beat a car with twice its horse power because of the way the Subaru uses its power!?
Actually they're not even twice my power but hey ho!

Vtec-Abuser 10 December 2014 10:41 AM

It's this comment I was referring to...

Originally Posted by scoobyJim2 (Post 11574035)
Ol he noticed! He wasn't doing bad untill he changed out of second into 3rd about 50mph where i carried on to about 70mph in 2nd and then i left more of a gap at the end of 3rd gear.
I beat most people because my gears seem to be longer.when im at about 5000rpm with another 2000rpm to go,they seem to be at redline

The A45 has a twin clutch auto, so there will be no drop in performance between changes like yours.

Go back under your bridge.. ;)

Matteeboy 10 December 2014 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Vtec-Abuser (Post 11578764)

The A45 has a twin clutch auto, so there will be no drop in performance between changes like yours.

Silly manufacturers making these lightning quick boxes; they should just use longer gearing.

My auto is faster than the manual version partly because it has very short gears. So not sure this "long gearing" nonsense.

fat-thomas 10 December 2014 12:05 PM

Is he still banging on about his 1500 quid sh1tbox wagon???
He will be making up a story about having 8k to spend on a car next....

scoobyJim2 10 December 2014 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Vtec-Abuser (Post 11578764)

That was supposed to say 'most the people I've beaten not 'i beat most people' sorry.
Ps. I dont exactly change slow when racing,not as quick as a computer but i wasn't how fast we changed gear it was about me pulling ahead because of longer gears. We have pretty much got similar power

scoobyJim2 10 December 2014 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Matteeboy (Post 11578773)

Silly manufacturers making these lightning quick boxes; they should just use longer gearing.

My auto is faster than the manual version partly because it has very short gears. So not sure this "long gearing" nonsense.

Short gears rev up quick,probably giving more thrust in each gear but not for long enough. Similar to turbo diesels.loads of grunt but not enough puff in the gears.especially a mapped turbo diesel.as soon as you hit full boost you have to change gear

scoobyJim2 10 December 2014 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by fat-thomas (Post 11578802)
Is he still banging on about his 1500 quid sh1tbox wagon???
He will be making up a story about having 8k to spend on a car next....

Actually got 8k plus my car ;)

scoobyJim2 10 December 2014 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyJim2 (Post 11578934)

We buy any car offered £3750 based on it being standard. They go on autotrader for between 4-6k so with my mods i should get around the 5k mark :D

fat-thomas 10 December 2014 02:56 PM

lol

scoobyJim2 10 December 2014 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyJim2 (Post 11578934)

And i get paid soon,thats another 2k or so if i want

Matteeboy 10 December 2014 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyJim2 (Post 11578933)
Short gears rev up quick,probably giving more thrust in each gear but not for long enough. Similar to turbo diesels.loads of grunt but not enough puff in the gears.especially a mapped turbo diesel.as soon as you hit full boost you have to change gear

But we are talking about turbo PETROLS. In a GTR's case TWIN turbos.
We are talking about much more advanced petrols - one's with far less lag than yours.
We are talking about gearboxes far quicker and more advanced than an old 5 speed manual.

You are talking about a very old car that started off with just over 200bhp that you claim is well over 100bhp more just by upgrading a turbo. If you DID somehow get that sort of power, it will be incredibly peaky and have more lag than a reduction in fuel prices.

You are also "arguing" with people that clearly know a hell of a lot more than you. Your car may (possibly) be Focus RS quick but you are talking about the A45 which is MUCH quicker and a GTR which is MUCH MUCH quicker.

Just concede that if you apparently "beat" these cars, you just caught them out napping or you "raced" in a situation where the other driver thought "I'm not playing" or more likely "that's bloody dangerous."

I pity the people who hear you bang on about your supercar slaying WRX - or is it only us poor sods that get it?

Now please PLEASE

http://stubbornthoughts.files.wordpr...4/03/fqwaa.gif

Boyakasha 10 December 2014 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyJim2 (Post 11578941)
And i get paid soon,thats another 2k or so if i want

:lol:

http://m.quickmeme.com/img/a1/a1a6c5...a561b2e055.jpg

scoobyJim2 10 December 2014 11:09 PM

I do sense a bit of jealousy here! Why don't you all get together and have a group hug :D

scoobyJim2 10 December 2014 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Matteeboy (Post 11578950)

But we are talking about turbo PETROLS. In a GTR's case TWIN turbos.
We are talking about much more advanced petrols - one's with far less lag than yours.
We are talking about gearboxes far quicker and more advanced than an old 5 speed manual.

You are talking about a very old car that started off with just over 200bhp that you claim is well over 100bhp more just by upgrading a turbo. If you DID somehow get that sort of power, it will be incredibly peaky and have more lag than a reduction in fuel prices.

You are also "arguing" with people that clearly know a hell of a lot more than you. Your car may (possibly) be Focus RS quick but you are talking about the A45 which is MUCH quicker and a GTR which is MUCH MUCH quicker.

Just concede that if you apparently "beat" these cars, you just caught them out napping or you "raced" in a situation where the other driver thought "I'm not playing" or more likely "that's bloody dangerous."

I pity the people who hear you bang on about your supercar slaying WRX - or is it only us poor sods that get it?

Now please PLEASE

Some petrol cars still have short gears but big power bands. Fat thomas just said recently,sti has short gears that stay in the power.
I have long gears that stay in the power!
What power does an a45 have? Bet its not much more than 320bhp,which is about what power my car is. infact im sure the a45 is about 350bhp.
By the way,for your info, i haven't just fitted a turbo

Shaun 11 December 2014 08:16 AM

WTF is all this recent WRX talk about?

Have we all bought the wrong cars now then. :D

Matteeboy 11 December 2014 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 11579423)
WTF is all this recent WRX talk about?

Have we all bought the wrong cars now then. :D

We have. In scanning the classifieds for one of these physics defying miracle cars...

I notice our friend suddenly becomes vague when asked what the mods are or if proof of the outlandish claims are sought. So, any Vbox performance figures?

I have roughly the same power, similar weight, RWD but sticky tyres so disadvantaged to 60 (4.6s) but the opposite to 100 (10.9s; when drive train losses of 4wd kick in).

I however would never ever claim to be able to beat a GTR (a tiny handful of situations could use the lower weights advantage), I'd have to be right on it or very lucky to outdo an A45 and I'm pretty certain an R8 would leave me for dust. My car does have a few surprisingly good lap times (including toasting a modern STI and S3) but I'm still REALISTIC.

So come on; where's any PROOF?

fat-thomas 11 December 2014 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Matteeboy (Post 11579696)
We have. In scanning the classifieds for one of these physics defying miracle cars...

I notice our friend suddenly becomes vague when asked what the mods are or if proof of the outlandish claims are sought. So, any Vbox performance figures?

I have roughly the same power, similar weight, RWD but sticky tyres so disadvantaged to 60 (4.6s) but the opposite to 100 (10.9s; when drive train losses of 4wd kick in).

I however would never ever claim to be able to beat a GTR (a tiny handful of situations could use the lower weights advantage), I'd have to be right on it or very lucky to outdo an A45 and I'm pretty certain an R8 would leave me for dust. My car does have a few surprisingly good lap times (including toasting a modern STI and S3) but I'm still REALISTIC.

+1 i believe it has none other than...wait for it............an sti turbo:lol1:
and added to that its the performance chassis that is the wagon.
i think sadly all these wrx tools have never driven a proper performance car.
i went in a gtr on a track day and it would utterly destroy most cars anywhere.
id imagine the same could be said of the amg looking at the stats and specs of it.

Matteeboy 11 December 2014 02:39 PM

Amusingly my wife learned to drive in an N reg (new at the time) WRX wagon. ;)

fat-thomas 11 December 2014 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Matteeboy (Post 11579705)
Amusingly my wife learned to drive in an N reg (new at the time) WRX wagon. ;)

luckily it didnt have the fabled vf35 fitted............supercar slayer apparently,thats why most sti owners bin it or sell them to the wrx boys:lol1:

scoobyJim2 11 December 2014 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Matteeboy (Post 11579696)

I never fully claimed to beat the gtr but was surprised i stayed on him at all,despite actually nearly rear ending it,for whatever reason.
Do you think I wasn't shocked when i came up against these cars and wasn't obliverated!?
I've not unveiled my mods because i don't want to,to you horrible lot lol you're not worth it and i get more satisfaction not telling you,especially when most of you just make assumption like 'he's got a turbo' or 'it isn't even mapped' or its just a sh!tty wagon! Why should i satisfy yous??
If any genuine nice enthusiasts asked,i would tell.
But i will say I have never claimed to have the most modified car but it does go really well and definitely punches above its weight!

scoobyJim2 11 December 2014 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by fat-thomas (Post 11579699)

id imagine the same could be said of the amg looking at the stats and specs of it.

I test drove a blob sti a few years ago.it wasn't that special really!
I've driven ferrari 360,lambo gallardo & murchialargo.
The 360 was fun with padel shift but when i was ragging it,i was thinking to my self,its not really any faster than ragging my car

scoobyJim2 11 December 2014 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by fat-thomas (Post 11579699)

From a launch and around a track im sure the gtr would destroy me

scoobyJim2 11 December 2014 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by fat-thomas (Post 11579709)

luckily it didnt have the fabled vf35 fitted............supercar slayer apparently,thats why most sti owners bin it or sell them to the wrx boys:lol1:

The peak boost hold is too much for the sti gears by the seem of it,wrx gears suit the vf35, your short geared STI's probably suit the quick spool td04 lol

john banks 11 December 2014 07:13 PM

VF35 is great on the GTR.

Two of them.

Matteeboy 11 December 2014 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyJim2 (Post 11579869)
The 360 was fun with padel shift but when i was ragging it,i was thinking to my self,its not really any faster than ragging my car

So we also add the Gallardo and Murcielago to your long list of slower cars?

How about the current Mercedes F1 car too?
Your only stated mod is an STI turbo. That's not enough to add over 100bhp to a WRX.

scoobyJim2 11 December 2014 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyJim2 (Post 11579859)

I never fully claimed to beat the gtr but was surprised i stayed on him at all,despite actually nearly rear ending it,for whatever reason.
Do you think I wasn't shocked when i came up against these cars and wasn't obliverated!?
I've not unveiled my mods because i don't want to,to you horrible lot lol you're not worth it and i get more satisfaction not telling you,especially when most of you just make assumption like 'he's got a turbo' or 'it isn't even mapped' or its just a sh!tty wagon! Why should i satisfy yous??
If any genuine nice enthusiasts asked,i would tell.
But i will say I have never claimed to have the most modified car but it does go really well and definitely punches above its weight!

Read this again matteeboy

scoobyJim2 11 December 2014 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyJim2 (Post 11579869)

Read this again too Matteeboy