ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   International (https://www.scoobynet.com/international-24/)
-   -   September 12/13/14/15th Ring Trip (https://www.scoobynet.com/international-24/213507-september-12-13-14-15th-ring-trip.html)

Tony Quinn 11 September 2003 02:45 PM

Ah yes, "Ringmeister Harj" - a most excellent production. Anybody still got a copy of that? See you soon Harj, just keep that barge of yours over to the right hand side of the track!

Edcase 11 September 2003 04:07 PM

FAO Manny / anyone needing a room.

My room is now spare :(

At the ZurBurg. Mail me and I will put you in touch with the people I was going with.

regards

Ed

Edcase 11 September 2003 04:31 PM

lol, he told me to post up to mention it to manny! :)

Either way hopefully someone will take it :)

owbow 11 September 2003 04:46 PM

Harj;"Owain, watch the gears mate, you've crunched them twice now.."

Me;"Nah, not my fault, your clutch isn't working Harj..."

Harj;"oh..."

:D

johnfelstead 11 September 2003 05:15 PM

That would be Harj's legendary mechanical sympathy then.

mannyo1 11 September 2003 06:34 PM

Yes, I have had several email's from Chris.

Thanks Chris, see you there.

DocJock 11 September 2003 06:59 PM

Big up for Rich Askew.......

Sorted me with OB at extremely short notice ! You're a star Rich :D
Thanks mate

johnfelstead 11 September 2003 08:25 PM

Just got to change the oil and pack then i am ready.

Pat and I finished mapping the car at 4:30am this morning. I then drove back from london to manchester and Prosport installed a new rear diff and steering rack, so i collected the car at 7pm tonight.

Too many people to thank so i'll do that properly when i get back.

See you lot in Nurburg (looking very tired :o)

John :D

Edcase 11 September 2003 08:27 PM

not me you wont :(

Have fun...

simo 11 September 2003 09:27 PM

Tracey, Yes, Floyd's definatly(sp?) bagging 1 of the beds from Chris.

cheers simon

Richard Askew 11 September 2003 10:07 PM

DocJock - no problems matey :)
Ed - gutted for you mate, really am :(

Only 6 hours to go... really should do some packing :rolleyes:

RichiW 12 September 2003 08:16 PM

My m8 TimSpeed has just seen you lot at the Ring today.... lucky gits :D:D:D

Hope you all have a great time!! :cool:

mutant_matt 14 September 2003 11:21 PM

All I have to say is.....:D:D:D:D

[Edited by mutant_matt - 9/14/2003 11:22:20 PM]

scoobycar60 14 September 2003 11:45 PM

Good trip then Matt!

mutant_matt 15 September 2003 08:42 AM

Would have been better if it wasn't so stupidly busy, but apart from that (and the usual closures.....) :D

Matt :)

Floyd 15 September 2003 06:01 PM

Nice to see all the familiar faces again. I had a great time as a passenger and a driver - thanks Simo for letting me loose in your motor :D

F

Eat My Dust 15 September 2003 09:45 PM

[Edited by Eat My Dust - 9/16/2003 7:09:51 AM]

Ralf 15 September 2003 10:44 PM

Hi Matt,

so you left early? I owe you a fair number of laps now. Any chance to see you around my place?

Cheers

mutant_matt 16 September 2003 08:32 AM

I had to leave at 16:00 but the track shut at 15:00 and opened as I was leaving for the airport :( Where is your place Ralf?

Matt :)

MRK 16 September 2003 12:33 PM

:D Oh my gawd what a trip :D, the M5 was awesome flying sideways into the foxhole, my Evo like a go kart in comparison, but just as out of control.

Sorry about the rollbar Harj, didn't mean to break it, :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:

Trip was excellent, and my novel will follow :D

Mrk :cool:

owbow 16 September 2003 02:00 PM

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

excellent, one of the best. both myself and mate Rich managed to get the hire car well beyond the realms of grip and get away with it... he ended up going into brunnchen backwards and i went through there on the grass sideways... :D

mellow yellow, i'll catch you next time, so better not bring the Porker... or i'll want a lap in that...

will post up more later when on pc in work as it's free!

o.

Edcase 16 September 2003 04:31 PM

Agreed, there is no place for this on an 'enthusiasts' forum. Why not start a thread in Muppets.

Actually can we get a moderator to shut the thread entirely so I don't have to listen to how much fun everybody had whilst I was stuck here :d:d

Roll on Easter.

Mellow Yellow ! 16 September 2003 05:36 PM

Iv'e got a 993 Turbo 4 :) ( soz, couldn't resist )

johnfelstead 16 September 2003 05:58 PM

I drove a Boxster S round the ring, does that count for anything? :D

Edcase 16 September 2003 06:14 PM

Is 'wise old goat' slanderous? :D

I drove a 355 around Goodwood.

ScooBabe 16 September 2003 06:16 PM

Had a fantastic weekend,

The place is awesome. Many thanks to Jon for organising it for me and helping me get some trips in some lovely cars and on the back of a couple of bikes. Would never have believed I would have gone round on 2 wheels the if you had told me last week.

Met some lovely people, afraid I have forgotten most names.

Glad you got back ok Jon, thanks to Mellow and Paul for getting me darn Sarf, and to John Felsted for stepping in and getting me right back to my door....best taxi I've been in :D Hope rest of journey was straight forward for you John

Still need to catch up on sleep, what an unforgettable trip!

Amanda

EvilBevel 16 September 2003 07:27 PM

I drove a Boxster S round the ring, does that count for anything?
Nope. Driving cars that belong to people who call themselves "Soopdragon" is void/null. :p

;) :D

owbow 16 September 2003 08:03 PM

:D:D:D:D:D What a fun trip, certainly one of my better ones. Me and mate Rich were heading over as passengers with Gossy, and ended up starting the fun earlier than expected, hysterical with laughter at the first roundabout we got to, with Gossy giving it large all the way round, scaring the half-asleep commuters...MORNING! whoosh slide bang pop slide whoosh bang pop!

Me and Rich had always planned on hiring a car, had been hoping to get a 2.0 Focus or 1.7 Puma, turned out we got a Seat Leon 1.6 16v,... not quite what i had in mind, it had too many doors, but it lightened nicely after throwing all the cr@p out (air filter, spare wheel, headrests, restrictor under the throttle pedal, tools, first aid kit:rolleyes: etc..) and turned out to be a fun well balanced (if a little underpowered and heavy) car...

I managed to go sideways across the grass at Brunnchen (yes, the grass, not the dusty bit nearest the road) and Rich managed to nearly enter Brunnchen BACKWARDS, but with a deft flick and a dab on the brakes, managed to do a complete 360, and go in forwards instead! (dunno if the tyres were going off by the time we got that far round, or if we were just trying too hard for the spectators...? So, despite our best efforts, it did get through the weekend visually unscathed (unlike some others i could mention) and after a quick rebuild and a hose down, went back to the hire company for inspection. The guy didn't notice the tyre wear and the slight knock the engine had developed under load, so fingers crossed i don't get a bill through the post!

Gossy's Scoob didn't get off so well, a collapsed wheel bearing meaning the disk chopped through the caliper... so it is now on it's way home on a truck i think. the RAC gave us a megane 1.6 to come home, which we managed to find the rev limiter on at @220kmph!!!

The legendary p!ss-ups commenced in Sabine's most nights, although i did feel we should have had more of a group spirit, maybe it was just me and Rich's timing but we never all seemed to be in the same place at the same time in the nights. Harj played up, i ended up lifting a glass out of the toilet after him...:rolleyes: but then again he let MRK thrash the lungs out of the M5 while i was laughing in the back, so we'll forgive that little escapade (cue innocent whistling in the back after one particular 'moment':D)
I think i managed to make the spiky haired barmaid a little nervous taking photos of her bum, she certainly reduced the amount of vodka i got in my drinks after that...

:D

[Edited by owbow - 9/16/2003 9:05:55 PM]

Paulo P 17 September 2003 10:23 AM

PMSL @ owbow :D:D:D Sounds like you had a top trip. Check out was it you ;)

Tracey 09 November 2003 04:14 PM

Ed,

Not sure if we are crossing wires here ,but your room is now in control of Chris (Mellow Yellow) I spoke to him earlier this afternoon

It may have been for Manny (who Chris mentioned) and Floyd

Cheers

Tracey

[Edited by Tracey - 9/11/2003 4:15:10 PM]