Notices
Other Marques This forum contains only cars offered for sale by our members.

2003 Renault Megane Scenic 1.4 16 valve.

Search this Thread

Old 06 October 2012, 06:24 PM
gazzawrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Renault Megane Scenic 1.4 16 valve.

Hello all,

I've got a 2003 Renault Megane Senic for sale, it's the fully loaded Fidji model and comes with every optional extra you could get from Renault.

I originally bought this car as a surprise for the missus. She was always moaning about the struggle she was having getting our 2 kids in and out her 2 door corsa every day so i figured i'd get her a bigger car with plenty of room and 4 doors to save my ears bleeding anymore from her whinging.

I bought the car with a semi dead engine, low compression on 3 cylinders but amazingly it still drove me back home from Wiltshire when i went to pick it up.

After looking at a few engines i then managed to find one in a local breakers yard that had covered just over 50k miles, the dead engine i took out can be seen in one of the pics.

Once i got it back home i set about swapping the lumps over. Now as this was a car my missus and kids was going to be using for a while i didn't wanna take any chances with it and decided i'd fit a complete cam belt kit and water pump while the engine was out as it was easier with it on the floor anyway. I also fitted a new clutch and bearing aswell as i didn't wanna be doing it further down the line with the engine in the car as it looked like a ballache,as it is with most french stuff.

i put the new lump in and gave the car a full service, every fluid and filter involved with the engine change was bought new and at the correct grades. I also changed the plugs and air filter etc while i was at it.

The car now ran absolutely faultlessly and didn't need anything doing to it, so i gave it a good clean and told the missus to take it for a quick drive to see what she thought. She couldn't take it too far as there was no tax on it but in the 2-3 mile she did take it she had somehow decided she didn't like it as it felt too big to drive At this point i thought **** it and went out to calm down as i was fuming.

She has now got another car so this one is going up for sale to try recoup the money i've spent on it.

The car has no faults whatsoever and everything works as it should. It has electric windows front and back, power steering, 9 cubby holes for storage, Air Conditioning, ABS, alloy wheels, half alcantara seats, vanity mirrors both sides with lights etc etc etc, there's too much too list.

The only bad point is the cd player dosen't work, however the radio still does.

There is 2 small marks on the bumper which have been pictured,the rest of the bodywork is immaculate, you will not find any dings, scratches or rust anywhere on this car which is amazing for a car thats covered 130k miles.

To look at it you'd think it's done the same mileage as the engine it now has fitted, it really is a minter and you'll do well to find one in better nick

To summarise

Mileage shows 130k miles but has a 50k mile engine fitted
MOT until May 2013
No tax but can tax at buyers expense
Excellent runner with mint bodywork allround
All manuals and service books etc
Full service history
Receipts for all the new parts i've bought for it and quite a few from previous owners etc
Super economical 1.4 16 valve engine
No mechanical faults whatsoever
All the goodies due to being the limited edition Fidji model

Bargain price of £1500

Fogot to add it also has 4 brand new tyres fitted

Last edited by gazzawrx; 03 November 2012 at 08:46 AM.
Old 06 October 2012, 06:33 PM
gazzawrx
Scooby Regular

Last edited by gazzawrx; 06 October 2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old 06 October 2012, 06:36 PM
gazzawrx
Scooby Regular

some interior and engine bay pics

Last edited by gazzawrx; 06 October 2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old 10 October 2012, 09:06 PM
gazzawrx
Scooby Regular

ive been driving this car for a week now and it runs and drives absolutely mint, anyone who wants a nice cheap family hack then this is definately the car for you.

C'mon peeps get yourself a lovely car for not much pennies.
Old 14 October 2012, 09:28 PM
gazzawrx
Scooby Regular

I found out today whilst having a mooch around the car that the back seats can be completely removed in seconds and opens the back up into a very good space, ideal workhorse aswell maybe?

Last edited by gazzawrx; 03 November 2012 at 08:47 AM.
Old 03 November 2012, 08:48 AM
gazzawrx
Scooby Regular

the car has been used everyday since all the work was done and it's been no trouble whatsoever, starts first turn of the key and will run until you turn it off. This really is a minter of an example and makes for a perfect all round family car.

Price drop to £1400.

Last edited by gazzawrx; 03 November 2012 at 08:57 AM.