Notices
Other Marques This forum contains only cars offered for sale by our members.

Yamaha YZF-R1

Search this Thread

Old 07 September 2011, 06:36 PM
jr758774c
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha YZF-R1

Due to me being careless and consequently my wife being pregnant, it is with eye watering regret that I have to sell my beloved R1. I have owned her for nearly 2 years and she has literally never given me a days hassle in that time.
Up until January, I was using the bike every single day to commute 30 miles a day to work, come wind, rain or snow, and its behaved faultlessly. Due to ill health, I am now my Wifes full time driver, and as such since January, it has just sat outside (under a cover) feeling very under used, with only the odd run out into the countryside once every few months. I now, I hate to say, have no time to ride her, and the wife has, for lack of a better way of saying it, told me to grow up and buy something safer - so my little sports car has gone, and now this has to go too in favour of a big, but safe, family barge
I started her up today, and noticed the battery was labouring to just turn it over, so with a quick jump start it fired up first time, no problem. Consequently I will buy and fit a brand new battery for the new owner for peace of mind.
The bike has been fitted with an ART titanium exhaust can which gives it a lovely subtle note on low idle and a thoroughly beautiful sound throughout the whole rev range, without being overtly loud. I have the stock exhaust system as well, which was fitted when I bought the bike. It has had the internals taken out which makes it, how should I put it, insanely loud!! This will be included in the sale should you want it.
Prior to my ownership, she was fitted with an Acumen gear indicator system, which has the display fitted next to the digital speedo - This works fine, but I have disconnected the display, as I find the gear changes can take a few seconds to update the display, giving you a short period of false indication of what gear your in. This isn't a massive problem, but it bugged me, so I disconnected it at the plug. Its simple to reconnect should you wish to know what gear your in, and you're unable to count to 6 in your head
The bike also benefits from having braided hoses front and back, and has had a new pair of Metzler Rennsport's fitted about 1500 miles ago, so there is plenty of tread left on them. Last year she also had both front calipers stripped and rebuilt by A&M motorcycles in Fareham, along with the whole rear swinging arm assembly and bearings.
Security is taken care of by the fitment of a Datatool alarm and immobiliser - This is a very good install and has tilt sensitivity and ignition cut out features. Any attempt to move the bike or switch the ignition on without disarming it will sound the alarm and enable the immobiliser!
Lastly, someone has spent an enormous amount of time meticulously polishing the frame and various components into a mirror shine. This, I feel, really sets the whole bike off and makes it stand out from the rest. It looks excellent, and doesn't really need any major upkeep to keep it looking shiny, which is nice!
Overall, she is in excellent condition with only a very few minor blemishes on the paint consistent with its age and use. They are certainly nothing to detract from the overall beauty and good condition of the bike and are not noticeable in the pictures, but they are worth mentioning in the interest of honesty!
With a mere 28k miles on the clock, she has plenty of life left in her, this is contributed to the fact that I have maintained her to a very high standard and serviced her every 2000 miles.
To give the new owner complete peace of mind I am happy to give her a full oil and filter change for you, so you shouldn't have to do a single thing for quite a while, apart from getting out and enjoying it

Looking for £1900
Mark
Old 07 September 2011, 08:02 PM
NINJA ED
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good price m8 and nice bike good luck with sale