Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Help please

Search this Thread

Old 17 January 2014, 11:13 AM
k9l3
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please

Hi all my dad has a mitsubishi 3000 gto which was tuned 3 years ago and supposed to had new belts . filters. fuel pump.

been driving perfectly although a tiny bit rich since it was done. now 2 days ago drove to work fine then on the way home 20 minutes into the drive went to put my foot down and the car was spluttering/missing and wouldnt go for it . then i noticed the management light came on. drove it normal for a while and eventually the light came off and the car felt normal again then went to drive it with some more throttle and it came back on again and engine went rough again. way home stayed like it and still like it now and is the same now.

its now idles very low . and if you put your foot down it splutters and will sometimes pop.

someone said it could be fuel pump?

it seemed weird that when the light went off on 2 occasions the car went back to feeling normal again untill certain throttle
Old 17 January 2014, 06:14 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I think it's a fuel pump. I still suggest you try some Mitsi forum. This forum is not for any better car than Subaru hence the lack of response.

Other than that, people here may think that you're a random troll (I say random, because we do have some regular trolls here as well) because you aren't supposed to just barge in, and start asking for help. You have to start with being nice to us lot here; get slated; post pictures of your pets; slate others, and then you get some recognition here before you start asking strange questions.

Good luck.

Last edited by Turbohot; 17 January 2014 at 06:55 PM. Reason: iPhone typo
Old 17 January 2014, 07:05 PM
Worlasshasansti
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Run a diagnostic check to see what fault was logged

Or just start throwing random parts at it.

Start with the basics lol

Mick
Old 17 January 2014, 09:13 PM
shytorque
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
I think it's a fuel pump. I still suggest you try some Mitsi forum. This forum is not for any better car than Subaru hence the lack of response.

Other than that, people here may think that you're a random troll (I say random, because we do have some regular trolls here as well) because you aren't supposed to just barge in, and start asking for help. You have to start with being nice to us lot here; get slated; post pictures of your pets; slate others, and then you get some recognition here before you start asking strange questions.

Good luck.
You may try putting up some photos of your wife / girlfriend or even mother if your young ,just to win us over and get our worldly wisdom .Otherwise your on your own son im afraid!!!!!
Old 17 January 2014, 09:38 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by shytorque
You may try putting up some photos of your wife / girlfriend or even mother if your young ,just to win us over and get our worldly wisdom .Otherwise your on your own son im afraid!!!!!
I'd love to see some photos of Turbohot's wife/girlfriend
Old 24 January 2014, 10:58 AM
k9l3
Scooby Regular

thanks for the replys we have sorted the problem it was the ptu (ignition amplifier)

also thought i would mention i have sold the s2000 and gone germen
i now have a tt 225 2004. nice car lacks character tho.

also a pic of helen the wife as asked for . she is the one on the left the bimbo looking one
Old 24 January 2014, 08:51 PM
shytorque
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by k9l3
thanks for the replys we have sorted the problem it was the ptu (ignition amplifier)

also thought i would mention i have sold the s2000 and gone germen
i now have a tt 225 2004. nice car lacks character tho.

also a pic of helen the wife as asked for . she is the one on the left the bimbo looking one

Well done son !!
Glad you got it sorted.
Now if you need the wife sorting I may be able to help !!

Trending Topics

Old 24 January 2014, 08:56 PM
k9l3
Scooby Regular

Haha thanks yeh well I glad its sorted because ot was me borrowing it when it happened so he thougt it was me at first but it was something we would never of thought off or heard before.
still a expensive start to a new year for both as I am chipping in half as it still happened in my care