SRSport
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope but always wanted to.

Old 03 May 2013, 05:32 PM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

We've owned ours for nearly 6 years now.....

Her indoors refuses to sell it for anything else. Not the most exciting thing about it, but I've never come across a more reliable car in my near 20 years of driving.

Goes through suspension links, but that's due to our crap roads.
Old 03 May 2013, 05:38 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

i think they are great looking cars and uber reliable BUT i think they are very very overpriced,when i bought my civic type r ep3 at the start of last year i looked at these

civic type r 54 plate 71k £4600

dc5 integra 2001 similar mileage.................£6995+

they are good but i dont think they are £7k good
Old 03 May 2013, 05:51 PM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

It's the rarity of them that causes that. There must be about 50 EP3s for every DC5 out there. Probably only 5-700 in the country.
Old 03 May 2013, 05:58 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rossyboy
It's the rarity of them that causes that. There must be about 50 EP3s for every DC5 out there. Probably only 5-700 in the country.
yeah i suppose,i just dont think they are £2.5k better than a civic,even the old dc2's hold the money
Old 03 May 2013, 06:27 PM
K3ogh_sti
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No i totally agree with you on the price there so expensive for what they are really but as you said very cool looking cars im thinking about chopping the scooby in for one :/

Trending Topics

Old 03 May 2013, 06:31 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by K3ogh_sti
No i totally agree with you on the price there so expensive for what they are really but as you said very cool looking cars im thinking about chopping the scooby in for one :/
hhmmm i wouldnt do that unless you have good reason like financial problems etc,the civic i had was a brilliant reliable car that took a staggering level of abuse BUT it got annoying having to ring its neck all the time to get the main power band
Old 03 May 2013, 06:55 PM
K3ogh_sti
Scooby Regular

Its not financial problems ive had the car since september last year and ive always wanted a scooby but just cant bond with it really not like precious cars ive owned anyway, really got the itch for one of these and after seing some of the videos on you tube of some of the builds tdi north tuning have makes me want one even more
Old 03 May 2013, 08:20 PM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Thing is, nobody even notices a Civic EP3 Type R. Good cars, no question, but not memorable to look at in any way.

You can't say that about a clean, white DC5. Even people who don't care about cars notice them, as they still look sharp 12 years (yes 12 years) after they first came out.

I hardly ever drive hers, but when I do, those second glances and turning heads are noticeable.

I think they're probably due a drop of a couple of £k before too long, but nice ones may not do that as they become rarer.
Old 03 May 2013, 08:56 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Lovely looking cars, but VTEC's are soooooooo boring to drive.
Old 03 May 2013, 09:17 PM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Peedee
Lovely looking cars, but VTEC's are soooooooo boring to drive.
A little harsh I think. Slotting Honda's perfect gearbox into 3rd and screaming past slow moving traffic at 8,000+ rpm before knocking down into 4th results in a good bit of smiling for me
Old 03 May 2013, 09:25 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rossyboy
screaming past slow moving traffic
It's hard to scream past much else in a honda really
Old 03 May 2013, 09:58 PM
beef-on-the-bone
Scooby Regular

i'd swap the scoob for oneof these!!

a supercharged one in white would be perfect
Old 03 May 2013, 10:02 PM
sonic93
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mate had one ,ctr, dc2 he had them all dc5 completely diff car LSD was pretty cool. Alot More car than a ctr. Faster , handles better ,faster, looks, brembos LSD there's loads of extras. I got a 400 bhp type r Scoob and still think the dc5 was a wicked car
Old 04 May 2013, 10:40 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

It's hard to scream past much else in a honda really
I love comments like these as they are so utterly uninformed as to be laughable.

I owned a DC2 Integra Type R and it is such a well designed and executed all round car. On a track it could keep up or be faster than just about any standard out of the box Scoob, but you had to know how to drive it. It may not have the most powerful engine, but the car's set up and dynamics were way ahead of the Scoobs of the time.

I have also owned an S2000 and a couple of CTRs ... all brilliant cars and way better than people give them credit for. Would have an S2000 over a Boxster S any day and yes I had one of those too so feel quite entitled to say that!

I so nearly bought a DC5, but the price was just too much at the time. It's a bit more refined than the DC2 but no worse for it.

All very good cars and all capable of putting the frighteners on many Scoobs if driven properly! Engineering wise they make comparable Imprezas look primitive to be honest!
Old 04 May 2013, 11:56 AM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Aaahhhh there we go, it was only a matter of time before you threw your 10 pence in.

I'm not saying they're badly engineered / built etc. common knowledge that they're not, but I have driven a few type r's now and I found them a boring drive (shock horror because maybe they're just not my cup of tea!!). There is literally no torque unless your driving everywhere at 50,000 rpm, and then you look like a **** because you're revving the engine so high that folk think you're a boy racer when all you want to do is get from A to B. with exception to the DC5, I don't think they look great either, although I did like the seating / driving position in the EP3.
Old 04 May 2013, 01:04 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Would have an S2000 over a Boxster S any day and yes I had one of those too so feel quite entitled to say that!
+1 in its day. It getting on a bit now but the S2000 is the one car I hoped I would own but never did. Test drove one, just about to put a deposit down and then the wife makes an announcement, so that put an end to that one. I did consider a Boxster but the superior Honda built quality was what made me dismiss the Porker.
Old 04 May 2013, 01:05 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Aaahhhh there we go, it was only a matter of time before you threw your 10 pence in.

I'm not saying they're badly engineered / built etc. common knowledge that they're not, but I have driven a few type r's now and I found them a boring drive (shock horror because maybe they're just not my cup of tea!!). There is literally no torque unless your driving everywhere at 50,000 rpm, and then you look like a **** because you're revving the engine so high that folk think you're a boy racer when all you want to do is get from A to B. with exception to the DC5, I don't think they look great either, although I did like the seating / driving position in the EP3.
What a load of tosh, your post clearly implied that they had no performance which is not true. You're wrong and by your own yardstick the perfect person to drive one at 50,000rpm (sic)
Old 04 May 2013, 01:10 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SRSport
+1 in its day. It getting on a bit now but the S2000 is the one car I hoped I would own but never did. Test drove one, just about to put a deposit down and then the wife makes an announcement, so that put an end to that one. I did consider a Boxster but the superior Honda built quality was what made me dismiss the Porker.
Exactly and it wasn't too shabby handling wise either

Had 140K on the clock when we got rid and was still running perfectly. Nothing ever broke on it.... not a thing!
Old 04 May 2013, 01:25 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

mate had a dc5 and it was a brilliant car all round
Old 04 May 2013, 01:37 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Exactly and it wasn't too shabby handling wise either

Had 140K on the clock when we got rid and was still running perfectly. Nothing ever broke on it.... not a thing!
That is impressive for a 9000rpm sports car and is exactly why I am still considering an old one as a second car for the weekend. I have read various issues about geometry and gearbox problems from missing gears and cracking retainers but appears to be mainly down to owner misuse rather than an inherent fault.

Ive been looking at Hondas for my next car as I am fed up with shoddy German build quality but nothing is floating my boat at the moment as it has to accommodate the family. The Euro R is nice but very rare, all the others have to few doors.
Old 04 May 2013, 01:48 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SRSport
That is impressive for a 9000rpm sports car and is exactly why I am still considering an old one as a second car for the weekend. I have read various issues about geometry and gearbox problems from missing gears and cracking retainers but appears to be mainly down to owner misuse rather than an inherent fault.

Ive been looking at Hondas for my next car as I am fed up with shoddy German build quality but nothing is floating my boat at the moment as it has to accommodate the family. The Euro R is nice but very rare, all the others have to few doors.
I have always found Honda build quality to be excellent. The S2000 was properly serviced according to the manufacturers spec by Honda in Rochdale and always warmed up before driving it hard..... never had an issue with it. It was a 2005 car! Had it until late last year. Would have another any time especially as a fun car. I think they look good too even with the roof up although that is obviously a matter of personal taste.
Old 04 May 2013, 02:15 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

What a load of tosh, your post clearly implied that they had no performance which is not true. You're wrong and by your own yardstick the perfect person to drive one at 50,000rpm (sic)
Quite obviously it was an implication that the small amount of torque delivered by VTEC's does not come until very late in the rev range, your just being a pedantic arsehole (no change there). The VTEC lump, albeit a very good, reliable lump, just doesn't do it for me, HOWEVER, I can understand why people go for them.

(Awaits typical, predictable, sarcastic reply)
Old 04 May 2013, 06:30 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Quite obviously it was an implication that the small amount of torque delivered by VTEC's does not come until very late in the rev range, your just being a pedantic arsehole (no change there). The VTEC lump, albeit a very good, reliable lump, just doesn't do it for me, HOWEVER, I can understand why people go for them.

(Awaits typical, predictable, sarcastic reply)
You wrote something stupid, then denied it, then referenced it as if you'd said something else entirely and you can't differentiate between your and you're ... yet I'm the arsehole?
Old 05 May 2013, 05:39 AM
94impreza
Scooby Regular

I love comments like these as they are so utterly uninformed as to be laughable.

I owned a DC2 Integra Type R and it is such a well designed and executed all round car. On a track it could keep up or be faster than just about any standard out of the box Scoob, but you had to know how to drive it. It may not have the most powerful engine, but the car's set up and dynamics were way ahead of the Scoobs of the time.

I have also owned an S2000 and a couple of CTRs ... all brilliant cars and way better than people give them credit for. Would have an S2000 over a Boxster S any day and yes I had one of those too so feel quite entitled to say that!

I so nearly bought a DC5, but the price was just too much at the time. It's a bit more refined than the DC2 but no worse for it.

All very good cars and all capable of putting the frighteners on many Scoobs if driven properly! Engineering wise they make comparable Imprezas look primitive to be honest!
+1
Old 05 May 2013, 04:41 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

+1 on the S2000, cracking car, I love em and my mate keeps trying to tempt me to buy his for £3.5k mates rates and he's got a hard top for it too, need to sell the wagon though and my mrs would have my knackers on a plate if I get such an unpractical car.
Old 05 May 2013, 04:51 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

I think they look great.
Not sure they are worth the price though.
Old 06 May 2013, 09:17 AM
Darc174
Scooby Regular

I like them a lot and I have heard nothing but good things about them.

I also own a ep3 As well as my impreza and I love the ep3 I drive it more then my Scoob I find myself goin out in that at the weekend it's such a hoot to drive,

The k20 don't have loads of torque but enough to spin the wheels changing from 1st to 2nd and going all the way up to 9k Is awesome !!

Old 09 May 2013, 07:24 PM
Johnny E
Scooby Regular

So tempted by a DC5 od a FRS MK1