Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

used car buying rights

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2013, 11:25 AM
kai888
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default used car buying rights

HI folks would like some advice, Ive bought a cheap runabout its a w reg Honda accord £795 its from a trader. The car has two problems when i first looked at it, the rear driver side door doesn't open and the abs light was on, the trader said there is a 6 month mot on it but for a extra £100 he would re-mot it and any problems that get flagged up he will cough up and fix it all including all the already said problems. i went with the deal thinking its a good deal and piece of mind. I gave him back the car a few days later for the mot and to get the bits and bobs done, i dropped of the car Tuesday morning and didn't get it back till Wednesday afternoon, the mot flagged up that it needs drop links and as for fixing it nothing had been done, his excuse was the mechanic was taking the door apart to see what was needed to fix the door mechanism and will order parts ok i thought. a week later same time scale same thing nothing been done this time he's like it needed another thing to fix the door, by now I'm getting suspicious but just rolled with it. so now he assures me he knows exactly what it needs and just needs it back one morning to get it all in the one. He said that he will contact me when he has all the relevant parts. a week in nothing goes to see him and again assures me it will all get done its now coming up to two weeks and nowt!!! now i'm sure it doesn't take that long for parts. He did right me out a receipt which states new mot, abs sensor, rear passenger door. Dated 29/3/2013
I personally think he has bitten of more than he can chew with the things that needs fixed so is now hoping i will just disappear. Also i have no also found out its leaking power steering fluid and the window jet washers don't work. i would like some advice as to where i stand and how to further deal with the mater. thanks
Old 21 April 2013, 04:45 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put your complaints in writing, and ask for your money back.