Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Honda Accord

Search this Thread

Old 19 June 2012, 04:33 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Honda Accord

OK so this is one of the cars that has recently caught my eye, lots of low milage examples around seemingly going for peanuts, i know they have a bit of an old man image, but i am getting on a bit so don't really care.

I like the fact that they can be had for less than 2k with leather and all the toys and sub 80k on the clock.

I have seen a few of the type r's as well and was wondering if anyone had any experience of these.

I would also like to know which one of the normal models was considered to be the one to go for, economy/handling what to watch out for ect.
Old 19 June 2012, 05:24 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
OK so this is one of the cars that has recently caught my eye, lots of low milage examples around seemingly going for peanuts, i know they have a bit of an old man image, but i am getting on a bit so don't really care.

I like the fact that they can be had for less than 2k with leather and all the toys and sub 80k on the clock.

I have seen a few of the type r's as well and was wondering if anyone had any experience of these.

I would also like to know which one of the normal models was considered to be the one to go for, economy/handling what to watch out for ect.
i had a 55 plate 2.2d executive a few years ago, loved it loads of toys leather great mpg.
id recommend it to anyone.
these are the sort of cars i have as my everyday car, big boot for kids stuff, lots of room inside and very reliable.
just bought an 59 plated mazda 6 sport diesel and tbh the accord was a better car. didnt look as nice but was better to drive.

Last edited by tubbytommy; 19 June 2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old 19 June 2012, 08:34 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The mazda is another contender, i had 2 mazda 626's and they were a cracking car in their day, i also had a mazda 6 company car for 6/8 months and thought it was decent, just a bit too plastic fantastic, but i'd have another because they are cheap and reasonably cost effective, bit of an unsung hero, but i'd go petrol.

The accords i'm looking at are around 2000/2002 so yours are a bit newer, but the reason for having one is the same, fully loaded and good for day to day living, just need to find out which one has a bit of fun factor, although i'm not expecting too much.

Saw a nice rover 400 ZS or R fully loaded for under a grand, bit tempted and might have it for the mrs if it's still for sale when i get back to uk in a couple of weeks.
Old 19 June 2012, 08:42 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

both cars are great and do the job.
i know what you mean interior wise though.
the 6 i have is the latest shape and still plasticky although well equiped.
the mazda has a six speed box but my honda only had 5 altough 06 on all had six speed