Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

What Evo X is this?

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2008, 10:19 AM
JPF
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What Evo X is this?

Sorry I know its the NME but man its a nice car, cant remember the model, ideas?

Old 28 November 2008, 10:29 AM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

That is an Evo 10 my friend.
Old 28 November 2008, 10:36 AM
psigeek
Scooby Regular

Evo X MR FQ 400 possibly, looks like the stand at MPH?

"The Lancer Evolution X Concept 400 is the spiritual successor to the awesome Lancer Evolution VIII MR FQ-400, which famously eclipsed a £303,000 Pagani Zonda in the October 2004 issue of Car Magazine. Summing up, Angus Fitton commented of the Lancer Evolution VIII:

"This is a supercar slayer without the need for any explanation or excuse. No ifs, no buts. Point to point it's much, much faster than any supercar. In the real world, where the roads are narrow, where it rains and where you've spent your £300k on a house, nothing comes close."

Now, the Concept 400 brings this supercar-slaying performance to the sophisticated Lancer Evolution X package. Featuring custom-made engine upgrades to unleash 405bhp and 400lb.ft of torque, a bespoke aerodynamic package, an Alcon 6 pot Monoblock braking system and much more, the Lancer Evolution X Concept 400 truly is the ultimate Evolution."

NOICE

Last edited by psigeek; 28 November 2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 28 November 2008, 10:37 AM
mad2much
Scooby Newbie

Thats a really nice EVO. But anyway I have no idea what spec is that one.
It looks like a Rallyart modification or Mitsubishi Lancer Concept X.
I wonder what kind of engine upgrades are under the hood. And what for there is an extra inteke scoop right in the front, above the grill.
Old 28 November 2008, 10:52 AM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

WHOA!
Hope it's more driveable than the VIII FQ400 was though!
Old 28 November 2008, 11:16 AM
JPF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Timwinner
That is an Evo 10 my friend.
lol indeed this is an Evo ten and one I want now, when sat in it I didnt want to get out the thing.
Old 28 November 2008, 11:19 AM
JPF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by psigeek
Evo X MR FQ 400 possibly, looks like the stand at MPH?

"The Lancer Evolution X Concept 400 is the spiritual successor to the awesome Lancer Evolution VIII MR FQ-400, which famously eclipsed a £303,000 Pagani Zonda in the October 2004 issue of Car Magazine. Summing up, Angus Fitton commented of the Lancer Evolution VIII:

"This is a supercar slayer without the need for any explanation or excuse. No ifs, no buts. Point to point it's much, much faster than any supercar. In the real world, where the roads are narrow, where it rains and where you've spent your £300k on a house, nothing comes close."

Now, the Concept 400 brings this supercar-slaying performance to the sophisticated Lancer Evolution X package. Featuring custom-made engine upgrades to unleash 405bhp and 400lb.ft of torque, a bespoke aerodynamic package, an Alcon 6 pot Monoblock braking system and much more, the Lancer Evolution X Concept 400 truly is the ultimate Evolution."

NOICE
Woohooo!! that's the puppy! .....so I'm guessing it'll cost even more than the 360 might be able to afford it in about ten years then ...or maybe five the way things are going
Old 28 November 2008, 11:19 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats not a nice looking car, a nice looking car is a Aston Martin DB9. Thats a fooking nasty looking Chav wagon in my opinion.

I would actually feel embarrassed to be seen out in something like that.
Old 28 November 2008, 11:22 AM
JPF
Scooby Regular

...oh and yeah it is at MPH, anybody here go? really really recommend it, Top Gear live is brilliant, very entertaining.
Old 28 November 2008, 11:30 AM
JPF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BigJay
Thats not a nice looking car, a nice looking car is a Aston Martin DB9. Thats a fooking nasty looking Chav wagon in my opinion.

I would actually feel embarrassed to be seen out in something like that.
DB9 is one of the best looking cars on the planet and I love them, but this is a monster it just looks mean ...how can u say its chav?? brute, ugly, stupid looking, but chav? no chav could afford a car that looks like that ...chav? u realy need to sit in one my friend, chav its not.
Old 28 November 2008, 11:34 AM
JPF
Scooby Regular

more pics.

Old 28 November 2008, 11:36 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

anything with that amount of holes and scoops and stupidness is Chav. It just makes me think Corsa with a combat kit. It could be the fastest car in the world but if it looks kack its just not a car i'd choose.
Old 28 November 2008, 11:37 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

more ammo for it being Chav look at that exhaust
Old 28 November 2008, 11:52 AM
JPF
Scooby Regular

LMAO oh the irony, someone that owns an STI is calling this chav because of the vents etc, so I'm guessing your car doesn't have a big exaughst, big spoiler and a Scoop on the bonnet then?....? everyone's entitled to an opinion I guess, I just don't get yours mate lol ....oh just encase, I don't think an sti is chav ether...personally I think its a word too widely used now.
Old 28 November 2008, 11:58 AM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

I'd have that over a new shape STi any day of the week! :drool:
Old 28 November 2008, 12:07 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JPF
LMAO oh the irony, someone that owns an STI is calling this chav because of the vents etc, so I'm guessing your car doesn't have a big exaughst, big spoiler and a Scoop on the bonnet then?....? everyone's entitled to an opinion I guess, I just don't get yours mate lol ....oh just encase, I don't think an sti is chav ether...personally I think its a word too widely used now.
i actually drive an Alfa

Old Subaru Impreza's/Evo's looked great as they "looked" like their rallycar counterparts. This is just an abortion in my opinion. The new impreza on the other hand isn't too bad as it looks grown up. (apart from the rear lights)
Old 28 November 2008, 12:12 PM
Hoppy
Scooby Regular

Location: Where age and treachery reins over youthful exuberance

Originally Posted by Matteeboy
WHOA!
Hope it's more driveable than the VIII FQ400 was though!
Dead right. I drove an FQ360 that only had two speeds - dog slow and crazy fast. Sure the fast mode was great fun, but hard work. But medium speed/swift progress was even harder work with that on/off turbo. Very tedious after a few hours of everyday traffic, I couldn't live with one Fabulously focused car though

Richard.
Old 28 November 2008, 12:14 PM
JPF
Scooby Regular

They had a normal x next to it and it looked really bland in comparison, a lot less aggressive...still it looked a lot better than the new scoob (sore a new sti a while back and really didn't like the look of it). The basic evo x looked quite dull apart from the front and I just walked past it, then I sore its big brother and thought wow got to have a sit in that! lol. The seats are really good and hold you really well, the whole interior felt good quality to me...but then I do drive a classic lol if I had the money I'd probably be tempted to get a 330 or 360 if the interior etc is the same, in reality though I'd need to win the lottery, in which case I'd buy this brute .
Old 28 November 2008, 12:15 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

I don't really consider any new cars to look "Chav"

How about the B7 RS4 - all covered in scoops and vents? How about my old mk4 R32 - twin fat exhausts, spoilers, etc, what about any AMG Merc?!

Oh and some Alfas too!

That car would look the mutts nuts in black or gunmetal and it's still subtle compared to a bright red or white Evo 6 anyway.

Trouble is, the FQ360 is TERRIBLE on fuel (49 miles on a full tank if you go flat out!!!) so what will this one be like?! Mitsi need to nick some boot space and put a proper fuel tank in it.

Hoppy - nerd mode on - The FQ400 was an 8 not a 9 - The next "down" was the FQ340. Then the 9 came along in FQ360 guise and was considered a lot more driveable (and quicker 0-60!) than the older FQ400. I tested one and was very impressed with the driveability. Took no time to get used to (some quick cars need lots of practise I find!) and I was soon razzing around at insane speeds in the pi55ing rain. It completely captivated me - just seemed SO focussed on getting from A to B in no time at all and I still can't believe it hasn't gto rear wheel steering - the 4WD system just seems to "help" you make corners and you can really feel the rear wheels working hard to defy physics and get you round. Never felt it in any other car and made the 4WD system on my old R32 feel a bit lame in comparison!

Some say they are too clinical - well if clinical means you can annihilate anything on the road with ease and relative safety, then I love "clinical!"

Last edited by Matteeboy; 28 November 2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old 28 November 2008, 12:24 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

MPH was ok but not as good as last time I went in '05. If you didnt go for Top Gear live then prob not worth going at all imho.

Saw that FQ400 - amazing all that out of a 2ltr turbo

Simon
Old 28 November 2008, 12:26 PM
JPF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BigJay
i actually drive an Alfa

Old Subaru Impreza's/Evo's looked great as they "looked" like their rallycar counterparts. This is just an abortion in my opinion. The new impreza on the other hand isn't too bad as it looks grown up. (apart from the rear lights)
oh...lol, cool was going by the sti under your name.....fair point, it is a bit of a mix and the square exaughst just seems to be following a trend of making exhaust anything but round personally I think its a shame they made the new scoob more grownup and dare I say bland, scoobs and evos are meant to be load and proud IMO not shy and reserved and after seeing the new sti up close I really dont like it ether, ew!
Old 28 November 2008, 12:32 PM
JPF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic
MPH was ok but not as good as last time I went in '05. If you didnt go for Top Gear live then prob not worth going at all imho.

Saw that FQ400 - amazing all that out of a 2ltr turbo

Simon
Agree there, really no point just going without seeing Top Gear live, those guys are fecking funny, didn't go in 05 so cant compare, first went in 07 and that was maybe a bit better. Went to the paddock after this time too, really cool to see all the cars from the show up close. did you have a sit? I wanted to drive it away lol.
Old 28 November 2008, 01:00 PM
JPF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hoppy
Dead right. I drove an FQ360 that only had two speeds - dog slow and crazy fast. Sure the fast mode was great fun, but hard work. But medium speed/swift progress was even harder work with that on/off turbo. Very tedious after a few hours of everyday traffic, I couldn't live with one Fabulously focused car though

Richard.
Yeah that's what I like about my turbo 2000, its not the quickest car but its easy to drive every day, affordable and when you put your foot on the load pedal...well,wooohooo! head goes back the lot lol, still puts a smile on my face after two years easy to drive at speed and get the revs rite and its very quick.
Old 28 November 2008, 01:22 PM
Hoppy
Scooby Regular

I don't really consider any new cars to look "Chav"

How about the B7 RS4 - all covered in scoops and vents? How about my old mk4 R32 - twin fat exhausts, spoilers, etc, what about any AMG Merc?!

Oh and some Alfas too!

That car would look the mutts nuts in black or gunmetal and it's still subtle compared to a bright red or white Evo 6 anyway.

Trouble is, the FQ360 is TERRIBLE on fuel (49 miles on a full tank if you go flat out!!!) so what will this one be like?! Mitsi need to nick some boot space and put a proper fuel tank in it.

Hoppy - nerd mode on - The FQ400 was an 8 not a 9 - The next "down" was the FQ340. Then the 9 came along in FQ360 guise and was considered a lot more driveable (and quicker 0-60!) than the older FQ400. I tested one and was very impressed with the driveability. Took no time to get used to (some quick cars need lots of practise I find!) and I was soon razzing around at insane speeds in the pi55ing rain. It completely captivated me - just seemed SO focussed on getting from A to B in no time at all and I still can't believe it hasn't gto rear wheel steering - the 4WD system just seems to "help" you make corners and you can really feel the rear wheels working hard to defy physics and get you round. Never felt it in any other car and made the 4WD system on my old R32 feel a bit lame in comparison!

Some say they are too clinical - well if clinical means you can annihilate anything on the road with ease and relative safety, then I love "clinical!"
MB I got the car wrong. On checking, it was indeed the FQ340 I was referring to which I blagged for a day alongside a Prodrive WR1 for a CAR magazine test a few years ago. Glad Mitsi has sorted it. It needed sorting! Driven side by side with the (wonderful) WR1, the Evo was such hard work. Everyone said so.

Interesting comments mate Did you not buy the FQ360 then? Was it fuel? Yes, silly mpg and small tank are not a good combination.

Question: how important is 'image'? Honestly? I'll try to be honest and say I am not interested in making a 'good' impression, but I am very anxious not to make a bad one! And my idea of driving nirvana is by myself, on empty roads, stereo loud (I turn it down in town - wish other people did ). Anyone want to own up to posing a bit, looking for a maxxed-up Saxo to thrash at the lights, tinted windows down, stereo up

Richard.

Last edited by Hoppy; 28 November 2008 at 01:30 PM.
Old 28 November 2008, 02:06 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Errrm - with my R32 - yes! But not with the ICE turned up...

Funniest car to have a go was a 1.2 Corsa!!

Best "race" was with a HUGE X5 4.8is (Same 0-60) - very close but just edged ahead. However his engine sounded amazing!
I got battered by a 200SX though - found out it had over 300bhp!

I'm still looking at the FQ360 but fuel is a consideration as well as range and service intervals. Must get one at some stage though.
Old 28 November 2008, 02:41 PM
Hoppy
Scooby Regular

Errrm - with my R32 - yes! But not with the ICE turned up...

Funniest car to have a go was a 1.2 Corsa!!

Best "race" was with a HUGE X5 4.8is (Same 0-60) - very close but just edged ahead. However his engine sounded amazing!
I got battered by a 200SX though - found out it had over 300bhp!

I'm still looking at the FQ360 but fuel is a consideration as well as range and service intervals. Must get one at some stage though.
LOL How do you pose in an R32?! One of the things I like about them is that 95% of the population think it's a regular Golf! And the other 5% compliment themselves on being shrewd vehicle spotters, and then compliment me on being a cool, confident, understated and discerning driver. Clearly, I am deluded

Evos are wonderful, no question, but when it comes to actual ownership most people back away. To me, an Evo just shows what an amazing supercar-killer you get get with 2litres, which is an interesting technical point, but not one I want to prove with my own money. There is a reason why true supercars are not 2litre turbos!

Richard.
Old 28 November 2008, 03:33 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hoppy

Evos are wonderful, no question, but when it comes to actual ownership most people back away. To me, an Evo just shows what an amazing supercar-killer you get get with 2litres, which is an interesting technical point, but not one I want to prove with my own money. There is a reason why true supercars are not 2litre turbos!

Richard.
Exactly. TBH a new FQ400 is going to be £40k plus. For that I'd rather have a second hand 997. Maybe not quite point to point quick, but the whole ownership experience will be far more enjoyable. Plus you'll get better mpg out of the Porsche.

The Porsche will need less servicing. Will depreciate less. Looks 1000 times better, and will make you feel great every time you drive it.

I'd love a go of an FQ360/400, but I'd love to own the Porsche.
Old 28 November 2008, 04:20 PM
scouse2
Scooby Regular

Scoop: Mitsubishi EVO X FQ 400 - Photo 9 of 10 - Photo galleries | MSN Cars UK
Fq400 looks good performs even better 3.5-60 thats a very quick car this in another colour would be nice, as for the chav factor i dont think it looks like it just ramraided a halfords window if you dont like it then go buy a vectra and mondy . thats what these things are about but @a possible 50k theres not many chavs that can actually afford them....
it really does look like a good track car out of the crate
danny
Old 28 November 2008, 04:30 PM
Hoppy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
Exactly. TBH a new FQ400 is going to be £40k plus. For that I'd rather have a second hand 997. Maybe not quite point to point quick, but the whole ownership experience will be far more enjoyable. Plus you'll get better mpg out of the Porsche.

The Porsche will need less servicing. Will depreciate less. Looks 1000 times better, and will make you feel great every time you drive it.

I'd love a go of an FQ360/400, but I'd love to own the Porsche.
A 997 can be had for well under £30k now (see Top Marques) and under £40k for a really nice one from an official Porsche dealership, with full Porsche warranty. Running costs will be far lower than an Evo and the driving experience more rewarding, IMHO. (I've driven an Evo and don't want one; I've also driven a 911 and want one badly )

After 3 years, the 911 will probably be worth not much less than you paid, whereas the Evo will be looking at half that. Comparisons like these are very personal but for me, only an M3 comes close to a 911. An FQ400 might be a bit quicker (I doubt it frankly) but on absolutely every other count it scores zero, nil, blank.

Richard.
Old 28 November 2008, 04:37 PM
Hoppy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scouse2
Scoop: Mitsubishi EVO X FQ 400*-*Photo*9*of*10*-*Photo galleries | MSN Cars UK
Fq400 looks good performs even better 3.5-60 thats a very quick car this in another colour would be nice, as for the chav factor i dont think it looks like it just ramraided a halfords window if you dont like it then go buy a vectra and mondy . thats what these things are about but @a possible 50k theres not many chavs that can actually afford them....
it really does look like a good track car out of the crate
danny
Can a Chav be defined by income? Plenty of Chavs in the Premier League with their Chav/WAG girlies IM-not very-HO Most of them drive upmarket cars and wear classy clobber, but their watches always give them away as tasteless morons

Quick Reply: What Evo X is this?