Regstransfers

Search this Thread

Old 14 August 2006, 12:40 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Regstransfers

Are these lot right in the head ?

We have a plate MU 31, that is in our name but belongs to my father in law in reality, he mentioned a while back to advertise it, I cant remember the whole story but regtransfers got in touch saying they had a good offer of 2 and a half grand.

I personally thinks thats crap for a 2 letter 2 number combination, the girl on the end of the phone said the markets bad, blah blah blah, they normally go for less than that (2 letter 2 number), a quick look on their site sees similar plates at 10 grand ! and mysteriously ours is not to be seen, MU 20 is 10 grand so why is MU 31 worth a quarter of that ?

How much do they take from the deal, 7 grand or so ?

Now I think private plates are rubbish (mainly) hence why it isnt on my car but it is an asset, and I think its worth more than that, hence why I politely said no chance, she asked if there was any movement so I said that we werent in the same ballpark, for 2 grand we may as well hang on to it.
Old 14 August 2006, 02:18 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stick it on pistonheads for 6k and see the response, if you get it - result
Old 14 August 2006, 02:39 PM
Scooby Snacks 23
Scooby Regular

If this was up in a DVLA auction, it would get about £4K (usually reserve is about £2700).

I think you (in-law?) could realistically sell it for about £5K. You'll never get £10K for it (and the fact that regtransfers have MU20 up for £10K doesn't mean they'll get it!!!!)
Old 14 August 2006, 02:53 PM
simo
Scooby Regular

Used them a few years ago to sell a plate. Not bad service tbh & they will advertise your plate for any figure you want. They then put any offers for it to you so you can say yes or no.

If you want to sell it get them to market it for the figure you want to net (no charges at all to you, they just add their bit to your net figure)
Old 14 August 2006, 04:07 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, its only worth what someone will pay, but 2 and a bit grand seems a bit miserable considering they are asking 10, I know its not worth that much but its worth more than the offer.