Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

CTR forums

Search this Thread

Old 27 February 2006, 06:11 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CTR forums

Does anyone know of any forums which cater for Civic type- Rs?

i'm thinking of swapping my modded Fabia VRS but want to know what the CTRs are like (problems, etc)

Cheers
Old 27 February 2006, 06:14 PM
Dai-Tec
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

www.civictype-r.co.uk

http://type-r-owners.co.uk

www.type-r.org

what questions do you have in particular? i currently have a black face lift model (maybe looking to change soon).
Old 27 February 2006, 06:30 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dai-Tec
www.civictype-r.co.uk

http://type-r-owners.co.uk

www.type-r.org

what questions do you have in particular? i currently have a black face lift model (maybe looking to change soon).
I always find the forums for my car after i've bought it and find out there's a long list of niggles/ faults.
I thought i'd do it the other way this time to see if the CTR is as good as its reputation.
I just want to know about running costs, any problems to be aware of, tuning potential, etc

Cheers
Old 27 February 2006, 10:57 PM
Dai-Tec
Scooby Regular

Basically running costs for the Civic are not too bad considering its got 200bhp. You can pick up the last new ones for about the £15k mark from online dealers, or slightly more from Honda themselves.

Used examples are where you can pick up the best deals though, they start from about £9k for the older ones, to about £12k for one that is about 2-3 years old.

Insurance is cheaper than a scooby. (Group 17).

Fuel wise I get about 30mpg mixed driving.

Main known faults on a number of cars include a stiff 2nd gear change when the car is cold. But generally I think they are quite well built and I have had no problems with mine during my 2 years and 33k miles.

Tuning wise, there are plenty of induction kits, fast road suspension setups, and exhausts for light modders. More seriously you can upgrade the ECU and supercharge it to about 300bhp.

I best stop now, otherwise i could go on forever, just visit the top link I provided for more information.

cheers
Old 28 February 2006, 08:32 AM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Did about 50k in mine with no major faults. A rubber pipe split after taking a speed bump a bit too fast.. and I was starting to get a problem changing between 2nd and 3rd when cold but other than that no issues and it was driven very hard and did a few track days with flat shifts all the time etc. Regarding the mods, I would not bother TBH as there is not that much more to be had from the engine without spending ££££ and then it will be worth not much when you try and sell.