EVO Owners

Search this Thread

Old 18 January 2006, 12:31 PM
Scooby Roo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking EVO Owners

G'day

Thinking of moving over to the darkside and looking at EVO VI's. A couple of questions:

1. How much should I be looking at [reasonable range would do]

2. What should I be looking for if inspecting [probably do a visual then get an expert in to give it the once over]

Cheers

Roo
Old 18 January 2006, 01:53 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Ask the questions over on www.lancerregister.com, you will also find a buyers guide to download.

14k will get you a very nice example, possibly an Evo 6.5 (The one to go for). Looking at W reg through to 51 plate cars. Some later VI examples on 02, 52 and even 03 plates especially in RS spec. All VI's were imports, official UK cars were Evo VII and above, however Ralliart imported cars with the blessing of Colt Cars (Mitsubishi UK) and these are commonly referred to as a UK car.

Always get it thoroughly checked out, a couple of hundred quid now may save you thousands. They are complicated, highly tuned performance cars, not run of the mill Mondeos.

One other thing, they look the dogs danglys in white
Old 18 January 2006, 02:59 PM
spr evo
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by MattW
Ask the questions over on www.lancerregister.com, you will also find a buyers guide to download.

14k will get you a very nice example, possibly an Evo 6.5 (The one to go for). Looking at W reg through to 51 plate cars. Some later VI examples on 02, 52 and even 03 plates especially in RS spec. All VI's were imports, official UK cars were Evo VII and above, however Ralliart imported cars with the blessing of Colt Cars (Mitsubishi UK) and these are commonly referred to as a UK car.

Always get it thoroughly checked out, a couple of hundred quid now may save you thousands. They are complicated, highly tuned performance cars, not run of the mill Mondeos.

One other thing, they look the dogs danglys in white
agree with this guy with all above and i own a white vi tme
Old 18 January 2006, 04:12 PM
Scooby Roo
Scooby Regular

Looked at the blue nice, white I'll spend my entire life cleaning it
Old 18 January 2006, 06:16 PM
lukey1
Scooby Regular

i know wheres theres a nice 1

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=482644
Old 19 January 2006, 11:59 AM
Scooby Roo
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lukey1

I like I like I like.......unfortunately need to sell two cars first and that's the easy bit. Trying to convince the missus into selling the scoob and getting a "plastic pig" as she so affectionately calls the Evo is the difficult bit

Will keep me eyes peeled when ready to progress though as that a veeerrrry nice looking motor.

Roo
Old 19 January 2006, 07:56 PM
lukey1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby Roo
I like I like I like.......unfortunately need to sell two cars first and that's the easy bit. Trying to convince the missus into selling the scoob and getting a "plastic pig" as she so affectionately calls the Evo is the difficult bit

Will keep me eyes peeled when ready to progress though as that a veeerrrry nice looking motor.

Roo

just take a test drive she'll soon realise its a better car and then when you buy it you wont get her out of it, we always argue about whos driving except when i want picking up from the pub