Citroen C2 1.6 VTR

Search this Thread

Old 16 January 2006, 03:11 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Citroen C2 1.6 VTR

Hi all

Does anyone have any knowledge of this car, I have one at a garage near me on an 03 plate, for 5.5k, it is the sensodrive version (paddle gear box), low mileage, looks nice, but having never owned or driven a citroen was wondering about the performance, handling, ride etc.

If anyone has any views on this car, please let me know.

Thanks

Mark
Old 17 January 2006, 11:52 AM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fitzscoob
Hi all

Does anyone have any knowledge of this car, I have one at a garage near me on an 03 plate, for 5.5k, it is the sensodrive version (paddle gear box), low mileage, looks nice, but having never owned or driven a citroen was wondering about the performance, handling, ride etc.

If anyone has any views on this car, please let me know.

Thanks

Mark
Sensodrive was nicknamed senslow drive by many. Problems were with clutches wearing out prematurely and software problems with gearbox.

Performance is ok, handling is excellent, build quality surprisingly good.

Decent economy

Ride is hard as nails, but the trade off is the aforementioned great handling and almost zero body roll.

I've been kicking about in a C2 GT for the past 22,000 miles and its been a great little car. Its a VTR with a manual gearbox, and 80 kilos lighter by virtue of having no air con and manual instead of electric mirrors. Notably quicker than the VTR.

Will be for sale soon, PM me if you are interested in a Feb 04 car on a 53 plate with FMDSH, two new front tyres and 18,000 miles until the next service is due.

Last edited by Diablo; 17 January 2006 at 12:38 PM.
Old 17 January 2006, 12:21 PM
Andy M3
Scooby Regular

I would avoid the VTR also on grounds of the slow gearbox. The GT is a better car though IMO.
Old 17 January 2006, 12:34 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

The Mrs had one for 18 months. She hated it. I thought it was ok but the ride was very very hard. The gear box was ok when going flat out down a country lane (ours had the latest SW flashed onto it) and the changes were quick on the up change. Down change was quite slow though. But in traffic it was not good. Very slow, and sometimes very jerkey. Also very slow to select reverse, sometimes 3 second delay... not good.

No major rattles or any problems. It returned about 35mpg on average. In short, avoid the senso drive (I think all VTRs are though) so go for the VTS or GT. VTS also has an extra 15bhp. Also get one with air con.

I could imagine a manual being quite fun. But its not a long distance car as its very loud on motorways and 80mph is about 4000rpm. She got 6k for hers as a px (54 plate with 9k miles) a few weeks ago.