Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Shocking! - RS Focus car jacked...

Search this Thread

Old 04 December 2005, 12:24 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Shocking! - RS Focus car jacked...

http://bbs.rsownersclub.co.uk/showthread.php?t=81467

Old 04 December 2005, 12:30 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

thats bad!!!
Old 04 December 2005, 12:40 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup it is police report here>>> http://www.gmp.police.uk/news/e4c7b9...2570ca002cb919

Tony
Old 04 December 2005, 01:07 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Bad, but why an RS Focus? Why would they go to all that risk to steal a 20k car?

I could understand the scum targetting a 100k car, but what are they going to do with that RS Focus? Give it a new identity and sell for 10k profit, meaning 2.5k each for a big risk? Just doesnt make sense.
Old 04 December 2005, 01:35 PM
supertouring
Scooby Regular

Read of a similar incident in the north west a couple of weeks ago, that time it was an Evo. Sounds like on both occaisons they were waiting for the guy to arrive home!

As for why a Focus, it depends on why they want it. A 100K car is OK to sell and make money but not good if you want to blend into the background after a robbery etc!
Old 04 December 2005, 01:40 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

An RS Focus isnt exactly going to blend in though is it!!
Old 04 December 2005, 01:41 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, there isnt that many so hopefully the Police will (with the help of the RSOC) have a look at any that look sus and come up for sale, doubt it will appear in the UK though.

Did it have a tracker ?

If not then that is a major oversight on the part of the owner as any cars like that are a target, not always via car jacking which is pretty extreme but various other methods, and without one there is no real chance of catching the culprits, the Police can be a little hit and miss with car theft but I would imagine they will be very interested in this one due to the ammount of force used.
Old 04 December 2005, 01:59 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Petem95
Bad, but why an RS Focus? Why would they go to all that risk to steal a 20k car?

I could understand the scum targetting a 100k car, but what are they going to do with that RS Focus? Give it a new identity and sell for 10k profit, meaning 2.5k each for a big risk? Just doesnt make sense.
Same reason they pinch scoobies mate.

It'll most lkely be used in the comission of a crime

or

Stolen to order and have its identity changed, possibly shipped out of the country.

Completed and utter pondlife!!

NS04
Old 04 December 2005, 03:39 PM
SVVG
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Frightening stuff. makes me really angry reading this sort of thing - glad the guy was alright though.

I always make sure I drive round with the doors locked - and the Scoob has an auto lock as part of the security system - i.e. you turn the key in the ignition and the doors automatically lock - Admitedly wouldn't made much difference if the fckers are waiting for you when you get home (when you have to unlock the doors to get out! or put the car in the garage).... but makes me feel safer driving around and stopping at red-lights etc.
Old 04 December 2005, 05:31 PM
Rapid17
Scooby Regular

It's not only the Focus RS that's being stolen by this method in the Manchester area; i believe two or three CTR's have been taken including one owned by a copper. Geoff.
Old 04 December 2005, 09:37 PM
Aaquil
Scooby Regular

My friend got his CTR jacked a few months ago in Manchester about three guys came at him with baseball bats just as he was getting out of his car on his own drive. He used a defensive technique against baseball attack he had only been show a week or so before because they attempted to split his head open from the top! He threw the car keys at them to let them have it but they still came after him. He got a nasty bruise on his leg. Real scum he has a genetic disorder that means he cannot walk properly and they still went for him. He now drives one of those new Nissan Micras a real drop in car terms but he feels much better from a safety, running costs and Insurance point of view.
Old 04 December 2005, 10:30 PM
JBONDO1
Scooby Regular

The main problem is this country and how criminal's are treated. I have a good mate who many many years ago had a dubious back ground to say the least. He still know many friend's from his past and what it comes down to is there not scared of the police or the courts and they are pushing the boundary's as to what they will do because judges let you off with far more now that years ago. And if court, wouldn't surprise me if they got minimal prison time if any? And if the do receive a prison sentence has anyone been inside one? On suite toilets, Gym's, Sky TV, Basketball courts, no such thing as lights out, etc. If you can look after yourself it's better than butlin's! So what's the deterrent? I work with an ex-copper and he always say's that scum just aren't scared like the old day's of getting court and doing time coss it's easy. Tony
Old 05 December 2005, 10:54 PM
iamevilhomer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JBONDO1
The main problem is this country and how criminal's are treated. I have a good mate who many many years ago had a dubious back ground to say the least. He still know many friend's from his past and what it comes down to is there not scared of the police or the courts and they are pushing the boundary's as to what they will do because judges let you off with far more now that years ago. And if court, wouldn't surprise me if they got minimal prison time if any? And if the do receive a prison sentence has anyone been inside one? On suite toilets, Gym's, Sky TV, Basketball courts, no such thing as lights out, etc. If you can look after yourself it's better than butlin's! So what's the deterrent? I work with an ex-copper and he always say's that scum just aren't scared like the old day's of getting court and doing time coss it's easy. Tony
I think this is the biggest part of the problem....from poor parenting to schools who cant and dont give a toss kids end up growing up with no boundaries and no one to reel them in so this is the type of thing that can happen. And it doesnt look like it will improve in the near future,
Old 06 December 2005, 01:15 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

One reason is cos they're rare. 2136 imported into uk. Plus, they are nice cars. It's not the first to be knicked like that either. A year or two ago a bloke had a knife stuck to his throat while in bed, with his wife by his side and his kids in the next room.

If the f@ckers did that to me, they'd better get the car started fast, cos It wouldn't take me long to get the keys to my shotgun cabinet. Then we'll see who's harder, them with their f@cking knife or me with a shotgun. W@nkers
Old 06 December 2005, 02:06 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Hmm, interseting question and i wonder if any Police on SN would care to enlighten us?

I suppose if you do 1 a week then suddenly 2.5k becomes £ 125k or so each for little work or effort.

Guns are easy to get hold of, nothing this Knee-jerk-short-sighted govenrment has done to make it difficult has worked.

It used to be serious criminals that carried guns now any wannabe gangsta can get one for £ 200.00 or so.

Cars and their owners are easy targets compared to a buiding societies or post offices or pretty much any shop.

for example How many private estates have regular Police patrols and good coverage CCTV and/or are within a couple of minutes of a cop shop. Not many.

I would expect to see an increase in this sort of thing.

Last edited by The Zohan; 07 December 2005 at 07:59 AM.
Old 06 December 2005, 02:22 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

""
Police in New Moston are investigating the theft of a car from outside a house on Northfield Avenue in which the owner was threatened with a gun.

At around 4pm on Wednesday 30 November 2005, three men wearing balaclavas threatened the 39-year-old driver of a blue Ford Focus as he parked his car outside a house on Northfield Avenue.

One of the men was armed with a gun and told the driver to get out of the car. Another man armed with a knife also threatened the man. He got out of the car and the two men reversed his car back down the street and out of sight.

The driver was not injured and reported the incident to the police.

Investigations are ongoing.
""

Something doesn't add up, first there were 4 masked men according to the owner, then the police report states three, then two.

And why take your wallet off your person and put it on the dash??

Reckon it was an insurance job.
Old 06 December 2005, 10:04 PM
m
Scooby Regular

..... and a successful defamation case against people making unsubstantiated allegations may also earn him a few bob too.
Old 06 December 2005, 10:28 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

doubt it.
Old 07 December 2005, 01:25 PM
Ennoch
Scooby Regular

You believe everything that is in the papers? In that report it says that he was attacked by two men at his car. In what he said on the RS forum, he said that the other two were with the guy who had been working in their house (who was parked in the RS's normal space) and who escaped in their own car, evidently the car that they arrived in.
Old 07 December 2005, 03:17 PM
Bald Speed Racing
Scooby Regular

That is well bad and proper scary, I guess it was a stolen to order jobbie. Makes you think of what people can do, if it got worse and the knife or gun was used would it be wurth it for a piece of metal and rubber.
Old 07 December 2005, 04:07 PM
longun
Scooby Regular

MattN grow up. My wallet for one sits on the dash when I'm in the car as I don't like it being in my pocket.

As for thinking this is false because the papers didn't argree with what he said!!! I suppose you read and belive everything printed in the daily sport.

If you don't have something constructive to say Matt then I recommend you don't bother posting.

Glad this guy is ok.
Old 08 December 2005, 03:20 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Not everbody is the same.

My wallet usually sits next to my phone in the centre consul - why, beacuse i like it that way. My wallet sometimes slips from my pocket if i leave it there and on more than one occasion i have had it fall out of the car as i have opened the door to get out. Not ideal.

Peoples cars can often be extensions of their homes IMHO. i think that you would also like to think you are safe in your car, sadly this is not often the case these days.
Old 08 December 2005, 03:31 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

These cars are usually stolen to be used to commit further crimes (bank jobs, security vans, ram-raiding etc etc), knowing that a fast car will most likely be able to evade the Police in the unlikely event that the Police were to pursue them.

Had a similar incident happen to me and the Police really dont seem to give a to$$.
Old 08 December 2005, 06:30 PM
Rapid17
Scooby Regular

Further to my previous reply, the following was taken from the CTRO forum and is one of several in recent months.

Hi Guys,

Its been a couple of rough months for me and my bird since we moved into our new house in a 'posh' area of south Manchester. And its all down to my beloved CTR.

Attempt 1: They tried to kick the front door down 3 weeks after we moved in but didn't get through.

Attempt 2: My Girlfriends parents were visiting. As My birds dad and I were walking from the car up the drive, two fellas jumped us, broke my ribs and smashed up my face and knocked my birds dads tooth out. They weren't wearing balaclavas and it was 7pm on a friday. The car hadn't been outside the house since the attempt three weeks earlier.

Police found the car down the road. Its staying with the police now for forensics and safekeeping until its sold. Its a shame.

My girl has sold her TT just because we are so scared in our new house.

I wanted to warn you all that there is a speight of it going on in South Manchester. Warn all Cooper S drivers, 05 Golf GTI drivers and A3 2.0 drivers. 6 have been jacked from our little area in the last 3 weeks!!!

You're at risk if you live in a city near dodgy areas. They haven't got far to come to find you and watch you. Sorry to scare you.

Just look around you as you go from your house to your car.

Lock your front doors and pull the bolts accross. These bolts are the only reason they didn't get into our house.

Take note of unfamiliar faces in your area. And watch for people following you as you drive about.

Take care out there folks : )
Old 08 December 2005, 06:53 PM
JBONDO1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rapid17
Further to my previous reply, the following was taken from the CTRO forum and is one of several in recent months.

Hi Guys,

Its been a couple of rough months for me and my bird since we moved into our new house in a 'posh' area of south Manchester. And its all down to my beloved CTR.

Attempt 1: They tried to kick the front door down 3 weeks after we moved in but didn't get through.

Attempt 2: My Girlfriends parents were visiting. As My birds dad and I were walking from the car up the drive, two fellas jumped us, broke my ribs and smashed up my face and knocked my birds dads tooth out. They weren't wearing balaclavas and it was 7pm on a friday. The car hadn't been outside the house since the attempt three weeks earlier.

Police found the car down the road. Its staying with the police now for forensics and safekeeping until its sold. Its a shame.

My girl has sold her TT just because we are so scared in our new house.

I wanted to warn you all that there is a speight of it going on in South Manchester. Warn all Cooper S drivers, 05 Golf GTI drivers and A3 2.0 drivers. 6 have been jacked from our little area in the last 3 weeks!!!

You're at risk if you live in a city near dodgy areas. They haven't got far to come to find you and watch you. Sorry to scare you.

Just look around you as you go from your house to your car.

Lock your front doors and pull the bolts accross. These bolts are the only reason they didn't get into our house.

Take note of unfamiliar faces in your area. And watch for people following you as you drive about.

Take care out there folks : )
My advice move!
Old 08 December 2005, 10:47 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lived in a place called Denton for years, had several performance cars, inc both scoobs, never had one broken into, though i had some ****** steal the center caps off my R19 16v wheels, suppose it just depends where you live

Tony