Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Accord type R V integra R

Search this Thread

Old 04 September 2005, 12:39 PM
mozzaITA
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accord type R V integra R

Hi all, after nearly 2months of looking for a wrx i am beging to look else where!... Firstly how do they compare, also could i get one for 3.5-4.5k? i think the ATR would be more!

any advice would be helpful

thanks in advance
Old 04 September 2005, 12:51 PM
Ralph Wiggum
Scooby Regular

3.5k-4.5k i doubt you'd get either, if you did they would be dogs, a good integra is still like 9-11k accord type r can be had for 6-8k for a good ish one, these are the first ones,

check they have full service history as they had slightly weak gearboxs most were picked up in services and sorted, get a pirates black one,

different cars really the integra (dc2)is very hardcore and peak due to it having a 187bhp 1.8!! its relatively light, has a lsd and a superb chassis, often mooted as the best fwd of all time, engine is only 120 lbft torque though so it needs to be wound up to really get going, noticable kick when it goes into vtec and will pull to the 8800rpm limiter noise is astonishing, if you fit a dc air intake that is in a guaranteed cold air position then the sound is even more amazing. You have to be careful though bolt on mods normally drop the power due to the nature of the high tune. performance wise you looking at 0-60 in low six 0-100 in 16 dead standing 1/4 if your good enough is high 14s gearshift action is superb and makes you want to change gear all the time

the accord is a different beast 2.2 212bhp 170lbft torque very similar to the integra and not alot in terms of performance difference in the two, accord is more comfy has nicer seats imo and is more practical, also has a lsd and a very very good chassis. I'd say day to day to live with the accord is the choice for me, has torque for starters and will still do the full high revving nutter when you want to. i'd say test drive both extensively ultimately it will come down to whether or not you can find the right car that suits your needs and price, more likely a accord and integras hold a premium however i'd say atr are certainly rarer hardly see any.
Old 04 September 2005, 01:31 PM
mozzaITA
Scooby Regular

yeah your right, i didnt research it enough, not sure i can stretch to 6, wanted to spend 4k on a wrx but not sure if i want one now after seeing a few dogs and plus petrol is hardly cheap.... hmmm like the accord i must admit!!

Cant seem to find any honda forums to see if there are any of them for sale, i did come across one but you needed to be a member £25!! anyone a member?

cheers

Last edited by mozzaITA; 04 September 2005 at 01:32 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 04 September 2005, 01:37 PM
Ralph Wiggum
Scooby Regular

try hondarevolutions.co.uk or com mods can be a bit **** there free to join forum you can find out lots there
Old 04 September 2005, 01:39 PM
Ralph Wiggum
Scooby Regular

http://forum.hondarevolutions.com/ theres the forum link.

fwiw i driven both alot and personally i'd pick the atr over the integra
Old 04 September 2005, 03:25 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

If £4k is your budget, consider a Pug 306 GTI-6.

Having spoken to people who have owned both a GTI-6 and an ITR, they suggest that the GTI-6 is a better all round car, as the engine doesn't did to be worked as hard for nearly the same power.
Old 04 September 2005, 04:58 PM
mike16v
Scooby Regular

you'll not get an ATR for under £6k. Cracking cars - I recently sold my 2000 X plate for £8k (low miles)

I drove the ATR and the ITR and preferred the ATR for pracicality and for a big car, it does not drive like one! Very light and nimble.

Mike
Old 04 September 2005, 05:00 PM
Ralph Wiggum
Scooby Regular

yeah thats what i like about the atr, you expect it to feel cumbersome next to a itr but it just isn't

2.2 really is alot easier to live with too and i prefer the seats in the atr, the red ones in the white itrs are a bit ott lol
Old 05 September 2005, 08:13 AM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Andy Tang
If £4k is your budget, consider a Pug 306 GTI-6.

Having spoken to people who have owned both a GTI-6 and an ITR, they suggest that the GTI-6 is a better all round car, as the engine doesn't did to be worked as hard for nearly the same power.
You are having a laugh Andy

Sure the pug is great, but the 'Teg is on another level.

I'm not doubting what people have said to you - but many people with Integras realy seem to have difficulties coming to terms with how to get the best of them.
Old 05 September 2005, 10:31 AM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Just going on someone elses comments, so the suggestion is that if you are on a smaller budget to give the Pug a go!

Bear in mind these comments were derived from driving around town, where I guess you don't get the space to 'wind up' the Honda engine, or they are sitting in too high a gear!!
Old 05 September 2005, 01:29 PM
EvoBarry
Scooby Regular

Useful DC2 site here too: http://www.itr-dc2.com

Helpful chaps and chappesses, and a for sale area where theres usually a car to suit most pockets. Altho £4k is pushing it a little, £5k min for a '96 import with highish miles seems to be the norm.

Had my ITR 18 months now, and still can't see me wanting to get rid of it any time soon, great cars.
Old 05 September 2005, 04:28 PM
mozzaITA
Scooby Regular

Thanx for the replys, i did consider a 306 but ive done the hot hatch thing to pieces, i want a coupe/saloon i think. Shame Teg's are out of the price range unless i go sor an import SI, still prefer the ACR, isnt there a forum for them?
Old 06 September 2005, 12:17 AM
Ralph Wiggum
Scooby Regular

just off topic for a moment and i know its nothing to do with what you want and totally off your budget but the best fwd ever is the ford racing puma
Old 06 September 2005, 09:46 AM
slimtim
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum
just off topic for a moment and i know its nothing to do with what you want and totally off your budget but the best fwd ever is the ford racing puma
don't be daft, it's the fiat coupe. Beat the teg in all group tests. and should be able to pick an ok one up for £4,000.

http://homepages.tesco.net/~niall.mc...oupe_turbo.htm

6th one down
Old 06 September 2005, 11:44 AM
Baggers
Scooby Regular

What about the Prelude 2.2 VTEC, you could find a very very nice example for that sort of money, even perhaps the revised shape?