Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

www.northloop.co.uk vid's

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2005, 09:34 AM
Andy M3
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default www.northloop.co.uk vid's

Having down loaded a few vids from the northloop website (nice one Dave + Gary) I wanted to comment on a couple of the vids.

The 996 chasing the 993 I thought was a great video, and TBH I don't think he was pushing that hard compared to the 993 but he never lost sight of him for a second, so just shows how evolution can improve things. It was interesting to compare it to the CSL video though. The driver was pretty brave, and despite the odd dodgy gear change it seemed a lot easier to access that power and handling compared to the 911's and thus i think it is easily as quick around the ring, and that sound !!! My god truly awesome.

The Clio Cup vid was great, and I know how fast these cars are relative to size and it quite obviously sticks well, and even irritated a cossie !!!

Then there was the vid from the inside of the Scooby. I don't know how you can put up with that dv - lol. But I could see straight away that it felt at home on that track and despite being quite a light car it stuck pretty well. 3rd, 4th and 5th seem really good in scoobies, but I think TBH that 360 held you up a bit, you really slowed up to let him past, and there after he didn't really get away. I was impressed, but I could see the AWD was hampering you a bit.

All in all, wicked vids

Andy
Old 21 April 2005, 09:41 AM
Edcase
Scooby Regular

Location: Throwing myself down a mountain at every opportunity...

Originally Posted by Andy M3
Having down loaded a few vids from the northloop website (nice one Dave + Gary) I wanted to comment on a couple of the vids.

The 996 chasing the 993 I thought was a great video, and TBH I don't think he was pushing that hard compared to the 993 but he never lost sight of him for a second, so just shows how evolution can improve things. It was interesting to compare it to the CSL video though. The driver was pretty brave, and despite the odd dodgy gear change it seemed a lot easier to access that power and handling compared to the 911's and thus i think it is easily as quick around the ring, and that sound !!! My god truly awesome.

The Clio Cup vid was great, and I know how fast these cars are relative to size and it quite obviously sticks well, and even irritated a cossie !!!

Then there was the vid from the inside of the Scooby. I don't know how you can put up with that dv - lol. But I could see straight away that it felt at home on that track and despite being quite a light car it stuck pretty well. 3rd, 4th and 5th seem really good in scoobies, but I think TBH that 360 held you up a bit, you really slowed up to let him past, and there after he didn't really get away. I was impressed, but I could see the AWD was hampering you a bit.

All in all, wicked vids

Andy
The traffic wasn't very kind to the CSL either. I think people recognise the porsches more in their rear views and make more effort to move over.
Old 21 April 2005, 09:58 AM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

I think the guy driving the 944 is pretty fast too
Old 21 April 2005, 09:59 AM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the free name check Andy, its always appreciated.....

My comments are ;- ...... Dave is quick in the Clio although even he would admit that he has an extra 10-15 seconds to come off yet, this will happen in the next month or two. Your right it is a great car and quite at home over there.

The DV drives me potty too and I have turned it down as much as i can now, without actually removing it. Im not sure you can call the scoob a light car or at home on the track. Its damned heavy in my mind and eats pads and tyres. It also understeers far too much for my liking. 911's and CSL's appear to be able to get round and the power down far earlier then me. The Rari didnt really hold me up, just made me brake on a point I didnt really want to.

This pic was taken just before he passed and is one of my all time favs.

As for the Porsches I have been out in a 964RS which was awesome and also a brand spanking new GT3 which was again brilliant. These cars can brake so late and hard it defies logic. When they turn in the car goes where its told to, something the scoob does but only under protest.......

Anyway glad you enjoyed the vids, we may have a few more soon

Gary

Oh and im pretty sure the CSL is driven by a friend called Tor Leif who is a mental scandinavian who can really drive and is re-knowned for being extremly aggressive with it.
Old 21 April 2005, 10:13 AM
Andy M3
Scooby Regular

BTW - forgot to mention - what the hell was in the BMW compact !??! I saw it at the start/finish and then at the end !?!?
Old 21 April 2005, 10:19 AM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Its a quick car for sure. Its always over there and always upsetting stuff.

There is also an old style 325i ('c' reg era) which has different colour doors and crumpled panels, but it runs a 400bhp BMW M1 engine.

It pays to never take the mickey out of a local's car till you have seen it run .......

Gary