Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Stolen spare keys

Search this Thread

Old 28 January 2005, 07:13 PM
Vec
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen spare keys

I have just had my house broken into, and the little torags stole my spare keys to the motor. Although the keys weren't hidden, they weren't sitting in the hall or anything like that.

After turning the place over, and eventually finding the keys, they have appeared to have left, leaving the TV, PS2, DVD, and various other valuable items, taking with them a mobile and a few other items, that they could fit in there pockets.

They didn't get the motor, as it was locked up the in the Garage, and must of thought it was gone, when the driveway was empty.

But the thing that really gets to me is that, 1st I had just suffered a death in the family that day, 2nd, my wife has lost total confidence in staying in the house on her own.

And to top it all off the house insurance won't cover the new locks and ignition barrel, keys and sender units for the car.

When I get my hands to the little to55ers!!!!!!!!!
Old 28 January 2005, 08:14 PM
Fantom
Scooby Regular

That must be an awful situation to be in mate. Hope they all get run over before they have a chance to come back.

Regards
Steve
Old 28 January 2005, 09:47 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Your car insurance should cover a replacement lockset, I've fitted a couple for people in exactly your situation

Hope you get sorted!
Old 29 January 2005, 04:56 AM
Bluie
Scooby Regular

Had the same thing happen to us 4 years ago, the car insurance covered the cost of new lock barrel, steering barrel and reprogramming. It did take them 2 weeks to sort out, however they classed it as a no loss claim, so it dod not effect future insurance.

Sorry to hear about the bad news

Nick
Old 29 January 2005, 05:07 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

In the meantime, if your alarm is the standard Sigma you can reprogram it very simply to not allow the use of the missing fob. Can't remember the exact sequence, but it's something like ; turn on ignition, enter PIN, press # then a number, press button on each fob you want to work with a # between each, turn off ignition. I only got one key when I bought mine 2nd hand, and the 1st thing I did was disable any other remotes. I was also able to program in one of the G/F's remotes from her VW which is also Sigma as a back-up.
Old 29 January 2005, 10:36 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Smile

Vec

Really sorry to hear this.

I have similar experience just last year
I am with Tescos insurance for the house and car although this should not make a difference inb both with the same.
We where burgled and they knicked the car keys not the car.

We where covered, not sure why you are not, seems unusual not to cover this.
We had to claim on the car insurance for the car keys/imobiliser reprogramme, barrel and locks + the car was recovered to a compound until done. Everything else on the house contents ins

As far as the burglary goes we were in the house at the time, did not hear a thing!!!
I still have sleepless nights 5 months on and somethimes i just sleep on the sofa with a BIG Maglite close by. It is getting better now and do this less and less.
Let your wife know that time is a great healer, i was offered counccelling by local police but did not take them up on it. It may help you signficant other half however.

Good luck
Old 30 January 2005, 01:25 PM
Andy T
Scooby Regular

Location: Northampton Xbox360 Tag - GTMonkeyboy Project-Stealth Wagon WIP

Sorry to hear this, sadly its getting to common.

Had the same a few wks back, ba5tards cleaned me out that night - left the TV cause its to big everything else went.

Idiot me kept the spare key for my housemates new A4 with the scooby key, so they got that 2, my housemate had to get his reprogrammed, new key fob, cost about £150

Hope it all works out for you and the missus feels safe soon

We should have laws like Saudi Arabia - cut the toe rags fingers/thumbs/hands off - better than sending them on a rehabilitation holiday at the tax payers expense