Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Time for a change? MR2/200SX?

Search this Thread

Old 21 August 2004, 08:35 AM
Ch!lledBudwei2er
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time for a change? MR2/200SX?

It's been crossing my mind alot of late, that the ITR ( Honda Integra Type R ) starting to fade on me ever so slightly. The looks are stunning but the cars performance seems to be dwindling at lower rpms.

So I've been thinking of a change, and the two cars that seem to pop up are
* Toyota MR2 Turbo, would probably have to be a T-Bar as I've always wanted a convertible.

or

*Nissan 200SX ( in purple :rockon: ).

I dont find any of the above near the stunning looks of the ITR, the 200SX rear in perticular! But the Teg would fetch around the £8.7k mark and the others could be bought for £6-7k, which means mods, performace wise and if I fancy later on cosmetic wise.

So whats everyone take?
Old 21 August 2004, 11:12 AM
screechmr2
Scooby Regular

personally i'd go for the mr2, as i have one. for 6-7k you'd be looking at a decent rev 3 (93 onwards) with 241bhp on tap before any mods, and 300bhp is possible for 1k. also if you like quick starts the mr2 can launch itself very well

http://www.mr2oc.co.uk
http://www.imoc.co.uk

200sx quick as well, very good for hanging the back end out, tuneable, but i've no experience so not very helpful

http://www.sxoc.com/
Old 21 August 2004, 03:30 PM
mynickers
Scooby Regular

Both pretty good, personally I wouldnt' be that happy with a standard 200sx, loads of suspension travel amoung other things.

MR2 post 94' revision, is monsterous.. It benefited from uprated springs, which sorted out some of the handling quirks people gripped about on the earlier models, and they really are, very, very quick. I got a few mpegs of 1/4 between Tegs and MR2 turbos, and it's very quick!!!

Both easily tuned, and both fairly reliable.

A few people in here had MR2 turbos, one fella said he had his with fairly minor mod's including chip and it was running 300bhp! and he ragged the **** out of it for 2 years and only real expense other than fuel was the tyres, so they pretty reliable and 300bhp in an ickle car like that is not to be laughed out even by big bad scooby owners!
Old 23 August 2004, 11:39 AM
Emms
Scooby Regular

guess it would also depent whether you'd miss the extra seats or not. I would go for the MR2 GT as well. I had an old G-Limited, not in the same league I'll admit as the GT but great fun none the less after I sorted the breathing and suspention out. Very comfortable as well. Also totaly reliable. The only problem in 40k of running was a binding front calliper due to a seal tearing.
Old 23 August 2004, 08:08 PM
amber nectar
Scooby Regular

I dont know anything on the 200SX but i am currently in a GLimited MR2 and i love every minute of it.Shortly after getting mine i was out in a turbo and what a mistake getting the GLimited was,but cannot fault it really for its been the best car ive owned never let me down once.Although ive decided its going in 2 years time for a scoob as need rear seats.
Old 23 August 2004, 09:50 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Anyone heard from Felstead after his change to 200SX?

Think he set about modding the handling v quickly. They can be made to look quite agressive, just the back ends a bit nasty, in more ways than one! (slippy)

If you're willing to spend more, a RWD Skyline might be good. Can't help thinking they're a poor mans GTR when I see one though - although clearly they are damned capable!

MB