Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Just ordered New shape Civic type r

Search this Thread

Old 09 October 2003, 12:21 AM
Doco
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As title says really. I wanted to get an early one. The Autocar and autoexpress review was very positive and personally I think they look alot better now. Can't wat till Jan/Feb (although a Honder dealer hinted they might be released early)
Old 09 October 2003, 12:46 AM
Frazer
Scooby Regular

I really don't think it looks better, it looks weird from the front with the HUGE Honda badge and the back lights look so cheap compared to the pre "facelift" CTR. The Merc style side indicators on the mirrors come on Honda thats what the local neds are doing to their Corsa's. If I were looking for a second hand CTR in a few years I'll be looking for the pre face lift one.
Old 09 October 2003, 08:46 AM
ADL-ATR
Scooby Regular

Fair Play to you, was looking at one as well but have an imposed minimum 1 year ownership between cars, and that march! Might be able to pick up a nice demonstrater then. The review in Autocar looked like it was a gunmetal grey? Are they going to revise the colours for next years CTR. Also I will need a test drive as the LSD of the ATR is vgood. Havent driven the current CTR but the handling is supposed to be good but not as good as the new version? I supposed more in depth road tests will tell. Hopefully the chassis will be easier to get set up and keep set up. I hear loads of horror stories on the Civic-type-r web site about uneven tyre wear and slightly below par build quality! Must say that the ATR build quality is as good as I have expected!!