Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

My Day Out With Jaguar

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2003, 09:33 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Had a superb day out today in the company of Jaguar. Thanks to my sis as pool car admin for taking me along with her!

Turned up, had a 2 hour trip from Southampton to Cowes on a £1.2m Sunseeker Powerboat I want I want!!!

Then jumped in the XKR - 4.2l Supercharged, 400 galloping horses and £58k! The cars were just normal reg'd motors, no slogan etc. Driving around was a right laugh, first "David Beckham" looked over in disbelief from his white 306XSi at a young bloke driving an XKR, looked gutted, and wouldn't look back. Next two girls in a 205 looked over and their eyes opened wide and mouths dropped, then mouthed, how come a young bloke is driving tahat and nice car - LMFAO!
Well, down to the nitty gritty. It was crap! LMAO! It went ok, but didn't feel that fast though you were. Supercharger seemed to have lag like a turbo (so I told Jag, they looked on in disbelief!) when you booted it the gearbox would drop a cog (auto) then decide to drop another so it was like ages before you were going! The interior was very cramped, steering was wooly, but the brakes were superb, handling was so so.

No way I'd give up the supe for one (and the Jag guys also seemed more interested in my car than theirs anyway )

Then in the X-Type 2.5 V6. Not bad at all. For what the car is designed to do I thought it was very good, nice handling, lovely sound from the engine and nicely built.

Then into the XK8 cabrio - much better than the XKR, didn't feel as closed in. Felt faster due to NA but wasn't. However I still found it a nicer drive than the XKR, but still with the XKR faults.

Next jumped into an S Type R. This is one motor. Brilliant. Same engine and box as the XKR, but the power delivery was sooooooo much better. It took off like a fecking rocket with a little screach of tyres - superb You could pile on stupid speed so easily, but still only felt as fast, or a bit slower than the supe. I absolutely nuked an STi7 and he didn't try again! Handling was very very good, nice interior, right street sleeper. I was very impressed with this car and at £47k is the cheapest of their R range. I would have one of these, but not over the supe.

Lastly, jumped into the new all alu bodyshell XJR. Biiiiiiiig car! Had a TV too - LOL. Same engine as XKR and S Type R and still went very well - I hit 100 leps without knowing. For a big car it handled very well, but not as good as the others, though the self leveling air suspension was pretty trick. Still was a bit of a barge though, but stil nicer than the XKR IMHO, and not bad at all.

One thing I'll say for them all though was compared to the Supe the brakes were fapping amazing! So much so I'm gonna replace the supe ones even though I'm skint, it will be worth the expense! Now just gotta find the ones to get!

So, all in a all a fecking superb day driving some nice motors with drinks, brekky and lunch provided - cheers Jaguar.

And no, I'm not selling the Supe in any hurry

[Edited by ScoobyJawa - 9/5/2003 9:33:50 PM]
Old 05 September 2003, 10:01 PM
Scott W
Scooby Regular

Cool

Mate glad you enjoyed the day, and thanks for the text messages at lunch rubbing my nose in it!

Sounds like fun, and if only we had somebody dealing with our company cars (all two of them as everybody else has opted out of the scheme), so we could try and blag our way on to days out like these.

I might have to show your accounts of the day to the boss and see what he says!

Old 05 September 2003, 10:07 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Wink

LOL

The XKR was an utter crap drive, much more of a posers car - I'd take the S Type R over it anyday
Old 05 September 2003, 10:08 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

BTW - you online? Jump on messenger..........
Old 06 September 2003, 03:29 PM
The RingMaster
Scooby Regular

Cant beat a sideways supra tho'

Justin
Old 06 September 2003, 05:50 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Wink

Jammy git....I love Jaguars glad you had a good day
Cheers
Colin
Old 07 September 2003, 12:50 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Justin,

Thats true - especially when you're a passenger in your own car having just had Racelogic Traction fitted