C3

Search this Thread

Old 06 June 2003, 11:54 AM
KaraK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

god I hate it!

I've got one as a courtesy car at the moment while my dealership "investigates" my piston slap. Its a 1.4i LX model and I just can't wait to give it back. I've driven some pretty awful cars in my time and this is now one of them.

It has no torque at all, the driving position is awful as you feel like you are sitting "on" rather than "in" the car. The cabin noise at motorway speeds is terrible for a modern car, Despite the high driving position and the big goggle of a windsceen visibility is pretty bad because the A piller sits there and manages to take up a lot of space. Oh and boy do I hate all the silly little beeping noises it makes all the time! The indicator noise is more irritating than the Ruby Wax! Oh and don't get me started on the handling, you go round a corner and the whole car just leans. Also it appears to have this emergency brake assist of somekind that means the car will just decide its going to slam the brakes on and put your hazards on. Bah! The inerior is awful, and cheap with it.

I the interests of being fair I should probably point out that it does have some good points, the boot opening system is clever and for a car in its class there IS splenty of space inside. The seats are comfy enough (if nothing special over other cars in its class). And the power steering (which appears to be speed sensitive) makes parking it a doddle. Oh thats about it