Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

FQ300/mitsubishi rally team.

Search this Thread

Old 14 November 2002, 09:47 PM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went down to get a test drive of an fq300 and unknown to me me my dad had rang in and arranged a test drive with one of the rally guys who were working on the wrc cars for the network Q event. Anyway they were to busy sorting out their cars and preparing them for the first stage, so i watched them for a while then i had a go in a nice yellow 300.

Overall opinion:

Bearing in mind this is my first ever time in an evo and all i can say is dam!!! That thing seriously shifts. The ride quality isnt the best but its quite liveable. The steering is so responsive and light and when i went round a roundabout i could feel the electronics and chassis working with me. I felt part of the car. It sounds very nice with that 5inch pipe on it however i did feel abit sick when i got out. Maybe because it resonated so much or because i hadnt eaten all day, i dont know but it made people look anyway.

The guy who came with me told me that the suspension had been tweaked as well for the FQ package. Is this true? One thing i did get was alot of attention by people and also alot of respect, so thats a good thing i suppose.

Anyway my overall opinion is thats its great and i will definatly be having one soon. Dont get me wrong the subaru wrx is a cracking car for the money etc but this is in a different class and i think that anything would be really pushed to keep up with it. Even a skyline (33) which pulled up alongside didnt bother. I bet i will keep it for a year then through it away and get another scooby for everyday use. But hey, that year will be fun. At the end of the day this car is limited in turns of service prices/mileage etc etc etc and thats were the subaru comes into its own but as a weekend car its just HARDCORE. I love it.