Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Towbar fitted to Integra Type-R, been done before?

Search this Thread

Old 15 September 2002, 08:01 PM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This complete nutter that I know with an Integra, called a towbar fitting company today to find out a price of having a custom towbar made to fit his Teg, and he's seriously gonna do it.
Okay, its only to tow 2 motox bikes, but still, will this be the first Teg TR with a towbar?

Fortuanately, his driving style really suits towing, I go way quicker in my Teg, so really, it had to be his used for towing purposes. I have consistently thrashed his Teg, so hopefully he tows better than he races!!!

I know Tegs lack some torque, but should be okay to tow something lite, ie, 2 125's, without any probs.

Ill get some pics when he has it done, must be a first, thank god he didnt buy that Diablo, custom towbar would have cost loads more!! lol.

Edit: "complete nutter" = fishhead, who posts on here occassionally
Old 16 September 2002, 11:26 AM
sempers
Scooby Regular

Main problem I can see with that is the law - doesn't any car made after about ?98? have to be type approved to have a towbar - the 'tegs aren't, hence...
Old 17 September 2002, 08:05 AM
cookiemonster
Scooby Regular

the owners manual states that you cant fix a tow bar - im sure you'll get someone to do it for you but its not the wisest move.

(i had a look at this a couple of years back when i had an itr and wanted to tow a bike to track days, in the end i didnt as the car was a) under warranty which would disappear & b) loose any residuals)

Be sure to post a pic of a 'teg towing a caravan if he ever gets it together

Old 17 September 2002, 12:19 PM
pisshead
Scooby Newbie

Bad move.. If you look in the Type R brochures, towing weights are missed out. These are highly tuned engines and to have the strain of pulling a trailor/caravan is an absolute tool of an idea. The Teg was the worlds fastest production car for a 1.8 Ltr engine, but even ANY muppet knows that the minimum engine capacity that you should sensibly tow with is a 2.0 Ltr engine. Being a Honda engine, it probably would'nt knacker in anyway, but i would'nt do it. Too much exessive strain etc