Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

My experiance of some Supercars

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2015, 05:33 PM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My experiance of some Supercars

So as you may or may not know I have a Porsche 991 GT3 which for me is a car for life or until the next one comes along i.e the GT3RS that I'm still trying to obtain. I have always loved 911's and have been fortunate to own a couple these last few years. Recently after much deliberation I decided to join a supercar club to try some other dream cars and big hitters in the supercar world that I otherwise couldn't afford or would have on a daily basis. I met the AutoVivendi supercar club through a couple of Vmax days that I have done this year. AutoVivendi/Vmax are a great team of people that makes becoming a member all the more appealing.

So lets get to the good bit with some cars:

First off a couple of pics of my GT3 at Brunters

Then the first car I had was the 6.5L V12 Ferrari FF for 3 days, A great family car, very expensive, very fast and a wonderful sound

So the next car I choose was the GTR, I had this from mon-fri and it was a car I needed to try as various people said I should of got one of these instead of my 911 C2S. Now admittedly this car is now 6 years old but I didn't really like it. Don't get me wrong its pretty fast but it just felt like a bit of a barge and wasn't at all involving or special feeling to drive. I should imagine that on track that could change a fair bit but on the road it was like a modern day Scooby. Probably not a fair comparison so will not slam the GTR too much until ive sampled a newer car

So now this is where it starts to get interesting. This weekend I had the use of this rather special Aventador Roadster and all I can say is wow, really fast, really brutal, everyone stops and stares and takes pictures. The gearbox is a single clutch automated one so nothing like the GT3's speed and the engine needs a good 4.5k to get going but floor it in 2nd at 4.5-5k revs and you feel what 700HP feels like. This car really does push you back into the seat and you feel it still pushing through 3rd and 4th. For a car that's pretty big, once its moving its fairly easy to drive and I was really surprised by the amount of grip and the way it handled and changed direction for a car of this size compared to the GT3. It was a car I fell in love with and would seriously consider having if I could afford the 350k price tag. Needless to say when I dropped it back this morning I was feeling a little depressed

So, that brings me to today and the best way I could get out of my Aventador depression was to jump into the Huracan. Now if I thought the Aventador was good the Huracan comes pretty close but has the added benefit of being more drivable, smaller, more modern and a fantastic double clutch gearbox like im used to. Its still fast, more fast in certain ways than the Aventador as the throttle response is instant from as little as 2k rpm, gear changes are super quick and the sound of that V10 is dam right rude especially the pops and crackles on over run. The Huracan really is a daily driver whereas you cant say the same for the Aventador. God Lamborghini have got it so right at the moment

So there we have it for now. I have a Aston Martin Rapide booked for next month as I have a Christening to go to with the Wife and kids. Then after that I will sample the 458 Spyder and the 12C Spyder but I am still in awe of the Lambo's
Old 20 April 2015, 06:10 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Wow some nice machinery there. I'm not sure I'd be able to fully enjoy a car worth more than a decent house! I bet the neighbour's curtains were twitching.
Old 20 April 2015, 06:30 PM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

haha yes but ive had so many different cars this past 3 weeks they were starting to suspect so I had to tell them they are just rentals
Old 20 April 2015, 06:45 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Fair play to you. You only live once so may as well sample what delights you can. The sheer theatre and drama of these cars is probably as much as a factor as their performance.
What sort of cost did the package involve if you don't mind me asking? Plus what restrictions did you have? It seems a canny way of experiencing something that would otherwise elude us mere mortals.
Old 20 April 2015, 06:56 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

RB are u hireinG them or have a mate with all these you can borrow. Awesome car mate by the way so bloody lucky....

I have a mate who I used to hang about with lost touch really although he only lives 1 mile from me, he's got the 650s I still couldn't work out how he could afford it, to top it all off I actually found out where he lives now, a massive house and his run about is a brand ne M5.

Hats off to him though, that 650s is awesome..

So then what would you have then the first lambo then.? The Hurracan is nice but the first is the daddy....

I'm trying to save up for a Gt4 but I think a ne house may take my funds so I,ll have to stick with ththe 45 for 4 or 5 years now.....gotta think of the kids and not myself lol
Old 20 April 2015, 07:04 PM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

My membership was £15900 this year but that included a £1950 joining fee. The joining fee involves a driving course to assess your driving so you can be added to the insurance. The joining fee is quite expensive but you get a great day out driving a supercar plus lunch and you only pay it once. It means that myself and the Mrs are insured to drive the cars. No other catches although obviously you need to look after the cars and there's 10k excess which you would have to pay if you dented it badly (which is understandable as I would imagine their insurance premium is rather large and customers have written off cars) I got 1100 points and the cars are tiered, the GTR was just 60 whereas the Aventador is the dearest at 220 for the weekend/3 full days. Not bad value when you consider that places are charging out an Aventador at £1500 a day
Old 20 April 2015, 07:07 PM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Littleted
RB are u hireinG them or have a mate with all these you can borrow. Awesome car mate by the way so bloody lucky....

I have a mate who I used to hang about with lost touch really although he only lives 1 mile from me, he's got the 650s I still couldn't work out how he could afford it, to top it all off I actually found out where he lives now, a massive house and his run about is a brand ne M5.

Hats off to him though, that 650s is awesome..

So then what would you have then the first lambo then.? The Hurracan is nice but the first is the daddy....

I'm trying to save up for a Gt4 but I think a ne house may take my funds so I,ll have to stick with ththe 45 for 4 or 5 years now.....gotta think of the kids and not myself lol
Read my original post I joined a supercar club

Its really hard to choose, AV for the sheer presence Huracan for the ease
Old 20 April 2015, 07:25 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Stunning motors .......
Old 20 April 2015, 07:26 PM
shytorque
Scooby Regular

Lucky Barstard....

Enjoy...........
Old 20 April 2015, 07:38 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by shytorque
Lucky Barstard....

Enjoy...........

A couple of those would of been in my mates barn on dodgy plates til the heat died down

Nice experience pal
Old 20 April 2015, 07:42 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

This is the ultimate PCP deal!!!!
Old 20 April 2015, 07:50 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Ahh lol thanks lucky sod...
Old 20 April 2015, 08:02 PM
SouthernScooby
Scooby Regular

That Huracan is absolutely stunning!
Old 21 April 2015, 07:16 AM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

wow!
Old 21 April 2015, 07:58 AM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That green colour is beautiful.
Old 21 April 2015, 09:20 AM
togsy86
Scooby Regular

Driving time: 01.31.59
Av Speed: 9mph

Old 21 April 2015, 10:25 AM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by togsy86

Driving time: 01.31.59
Av Speed: 9mph

Getting it out of London

The kids loved the school run today

Old 21 April 2015, 01:05 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Great post. Great cars.

Assumed you'd have a large house though.
Old 21 April 2015, 01:21 PM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
Great post. Great cars.

Assumed you'd have a large house though.
All my money is blown on cars but working on that, got 4 double bedrooms but could do without any neighbours
Old 21 April 2015, 02:13 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RB5SCOTT
All my money is blown on cars but working on that, got 4 double bedrooms but could do without any neighbours
i feel your pain, same boat......