Northern (England) Northern Meetings & Events

june 5th tunnel run- the list

Search this Thread

Old 22 May 2011, 03:10 PM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default june 5th tunnel run- the list

ok people, going to start the list for what looks like the last time due to me having some unplanned sideways action last week, however the tunnel run will live on as stu cooper will be taking over the organising of this event. As for myself i have taken the decision to take my car permanently off the road, not due to damage, but the rising costs of ownership and fuel. so although i wont be driving around daily in my scooby i will have one to track 5 or 6 times a year for much less cost overall. As on stus T-Shirt "sell my subaru?....i would rather stick wasps up my ****!"
p.s have a good one.

1. stu cooper
2. steve75
Old 22 May 2011, 10:35 PM
stucooper
Scooby Regular

Hi all firstly big thanks to lee for runnin this for so long and good luck with the track beast your gonna build. Also as we all know numbers have dropped big time so everyone get those flyers out and also think we shud open it up to the old tunnel crew to bring there new toys so from now on all welcome unless you now drive a evo lol.
Old 23 May 2011, 09:25 PM
Scooby Jo
Scooby Regular

If I successfully grind the rest of the family into submission, I will be at Oulton Park on 5th watching the touring cars

Lee - gutted to hear about your car after admiring the new splitter last time we were out and now ur turning it into a track beast - I'm taking drifting lessons later this summer, maybe I should just give you a shout nearer the time Emphathise on the cost issue - I use mine every day but am fortunate to work just a few miles away or it would be a problem. Thanks for organising these for so long
Old 23 May 2011, 09:54 PM
Tom WRX RA
Scooby Regular

3. Tom WRX RA

gutted to hear that Lee she is a beauty, will make a wicked track car though kepp us posted mate
Old 23 May 2011, 11:10 PM
oldman-wrx
Scooby Regular

Lee sorry to hear you no longer going to run a road car but sure you will have fun with a track beast
Old 23 May 2011, 11:12 PM
oldman-wrx
Scooby Regular

1. stu cooper
2. steve75
3. Tom WRX RA
4. oldman
Old 24 May 2011, 12:56 AM
P1 LTD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by oldman-wrx

1. stu cooper
2. steve75
3. Tom WRX RA
4. oldman
5. P1 LTD
Old 24 May 2011, 01:02 AM
P1 LTD
Scooby Regular

Like said above by many regular tunnel runners sorry to hear your pulling out the tunnel runs Lee
Old 24 May 2011, 05:23 PM
bobtheboss78
Scooby Regular

1. stu cooper
2. steve75
3. Tom WRX RA
4. oldman
5. P1 LTD
6. bob theboss78 (as usual)
Old 26 May 2011, 01:23 PM
nathanb
Scooby Regular

Gutted to hear about the car Lee. Always loved seeing your hawk! What happened to cause the accident?

I may try get over for this in the ST if others are welcome. Being wanting to hear her in a tunnel for a while now!

Any others former owners showing out for this one? Does Dogs still check in on these threads?
Old 27 May 2011, 02:36 AM
stucooper
Scooby Regular

What's happened to all the the tunnel runners surely they all haven't sold up the Welsh massive used to bring a few only bob seems to come now sometimes in a luton van lol and the cads and lads even smacs used to come any ideas what's happened? Has it gone stale do we need to change anything etc let me know if you have any suggestions
Old 27 May 2011, 04:14 AM
More_Boost
Scooby Regular

Will make a B Line for the July one, this one unfortunately clashes with The McRae Gathering at Prodrive.
Old 27 May 2011, 03:51 PM
oldman-wrx
Scooby Regular

think it just coincidence

Yes some of the stallwarts of the run have sold up or gone track but think July will be better.

as More Boost says an awful lot going to McRae Gathering at Prodrive

must admit I have forgotten it clash with me being at Tatton show with CADS so appologies this month will try make July instead

as Nathan said might be nice for former scooby owners like him and Dogs to be encouraged bring their new toys to the runs just an idea what do you think.
Old 27 May 2011, 05:39 PM
stucooper
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by oldman-wrx
think it just coincidence

Yes some of the stallwarts of the run have sold up or gone track but think July will be better.

as More Boost says an awful lot going to McRae Gathering at Prodrive

must admit I have forgotten it clash with me being at Tatton show with CADS so appologies this month will try make July instead

as Nathan said might be nice for former scooby owners like him and Dogs to be encouraged bring their new toys to the runs just an idea what do you think.
Yeah true just want to raise the numbers and I've already opened it up to all old runners in my earlier quote lol
Old 27 May 2011, 07:41 PM
nathanb
Scooby Regular

Trouble is lads, I'm not sure how many of the old bunch still check in on the threads. I attended the very 1st tunnel run in 2009 and only 9 turned up. After that the numbers picked up and we had 50+ cars at one point.

I think they main reasons the numbers have gone is,

Cost.....a lot of people made long journeys inc myself just to get to Liverpool, then the run and journey home it was almost a full tank of petrol extra every month to pay for. Hard to afford in this tight period.

Boredom...The runs through the tunnels were great at first but soon got tedious! Through one tunnel, stop and chat, back through another then home. It just got too samey every month.

Sold up....I think it is very apparent that quite a few of the 'old guard' have moved on from the Subaru brand. Obviously numbers will drop due to this. Some may not 'dare' join up with you guys but it never bothered me. If an 'All Performance Car' policy is adopted you may be able to regain popularity but lose the purity of the classic 'Subaru Tunnel Run'.

My ideas would be to hold the runs less frequently, maybe every 2 months. Encourage other sports cars along by SNET members inviting friends along with different marque Performance cars. Hold the runs to different locations. It doesn't have to be a tunnel run, just a drive out in convoy would be fun wherever you may go. The North Wales run out down the coast last year was a great day out.

Hope this helps. Just my thoughts on the matter and what may help.
Old 27 May 2011, 08:10 PM
sean95wrx
Scooby Regular

my car is a track only car now aswell but as soon as i stop pissing my money against the wall and buy my missus' car i shall be back
Old 27 May 2011, 09:36 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nathanb
Gutted to hear about the car Lee. Always loved seeing your hawk! What happened to cause the accident?

I may try get over for this in the ST if others are welcome. Being wanting to hear her in a tunnel for a while now!

Any others former owners showing out for this one? Does Dogs still check in on these threads?
Yep
Old 27 May 2011, 09:48 PM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nathanb
Trouble is lads, I'm not sure how many of the old bunch still check in on the threads. I attended the very 1st tunnel run in 2009 and only 9 turned up. After that the numbers picked up and we had 50+ cars at one point.

I think they main reasons the numbers have gone is,

Cost.....a lot of people made long journeys inc myself just to get to Liverpool, then the run and journey home it was almost a full tank of petrol extra every month to pay for. Hard to afford in this tight period.

Boredom...The runs through the tunnels were great at first but soon got tedious! Through one tunnel, stop and chat, back through another then home. It just got too samey every month.

Sold up....I think it is very apparent that quite a few of the 'old guard' have moved on from the Subaru brand. Obviously numbers will drop due to this. Some may not 'dare' join up with you guys but it never bothered me. If an 'All Performance Car' policy is adopted you may be able to regain popularity but lose the purity of the classic 'Subaru Tunnel Run'.

My ideas would be to hold the runs less frequently, maybe every 2 months. Encourage other sports cars along by SNET members inviting friends along with different marque Performance cars. Hold the runs to different locations. It doesn't have to be a tunnel run, just a drive out in convoy would be fun wherever you may go. The North Wales run out down the coast last year was a great day out.

Hope this helps. Just my thoughts on the matter and what may help.
cheers nathan, been searching everywhere for an objective opinion on the reasons why. hopefully things will pick up to what they where as there may actually be a final appearance from myself within the next couple of months for one final hurrah fingers crossed
Old 27 May 2011, 10:10 PM
stucooper
Scooby Regular

Top ideas Nathan and nice one Sean I've toyed with a few ideas ie inviting diff clubs on diff months and making the run longer there are lots of little tunnels around the Wirral was trying to think of a route to go through them all and ending up in New brighton and yeah wud be great if the hawk did its swan song maybe if you do another run lee we cud do the conway tunnels
Old 28 May 2011, 12:59 PM
steve75
Scooby Regular

mmmmm what do we do hey. lee good luck with the track days mate an jo i wanted to go to oulton park aswell but lack of funds i'll just record it on itv 4 ;-( so wanted to go so looks like i'll be on the run with stu an the gang ??? mmmm
Old 29 May 2011, 02:14 AM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

As you know Lee I'm gutted for you mate! You've done a top job over the past 2 abit years! I'm sure Stu will do the same.

As for me on these runs. I was one of the nine back in 2009. These days since finding out last year were having a little one I've been spending to get the car right! Little jobs etc and can't afford the fuel for runs. Even more so now she's stopped working! (got at least half of your's Lee. Got paid Friday lol. Speak to you proper mate). Only got 3 weeks till the due date. Just built the Cot now. Lol Still handing the flyers out on my travels in work. I'm hoping to get on one soon. Stocking up on Nappies First tho. 60 a day!

Really glad it's still going on and it's open to all cars. I'll put the word out as ever!

See you all soon.

Last edited by Razorwrx1; 29 May 2011 at 02:17 AM.
Old 29 May 2011, 08:14 PM
scooby-yan
Scooby Regular

Lee you have done a great job with the tunnel runs, well done

We really enjoyed the tunnel runs , but after a while they did get a bit boring

Also with kids you cant always commit to the time

Maybe they should be every 3/4 months!! ( due to the costs )

Or as someone else suggested try different run outs.

Good luck stu am sure you will do a good job
Old 29 May 2011, 10:02 PM
stucooper
Scooby Regular

I've decided to keep it goin every month so folk can join in when they can and also gonna extend the convoy run further taking in some twisty lanes and mini tunnels so shud be more exciting tested a lane today its amazing from the 3 stags pub down dibbensdale lane its like a mini rally stage the Wirral lot prob know it
Old 29 May 2011, 11:47 PM
Tom WRX RA
Scooby Regular

I think the tunnel run is great, my lad and GF really enjoy it and I show the vids to the lads at college who really know nothing about it and are blown away when they see the video

Its really the only 'waste of fuel' I take mine on, and I really enjoy it, wether thers a few or many.. I think we should welcome other marques

and she always feels better after a good run
Old 30 May 2011, 09:39 PM
Scooby Jo
Scooby Regular

I love the tunnel run even tho I wont be there next week (I've loved motor racing longer ) but I did enjoy the run to Thurstaston last year so maybe we need to mix it up a bit

I should make the rest of the meets during the summer - no hol this year as I'm banned from flying for 12 months until I'm fully recovered - more money for fuel!!!!

I'll take some photo's at BTCC next week and post them up Have fun
Old 01 June 2011, 12:50 AM
subby
Scooby Newbie

just a thought but have you ever (as a club) displayed cars at the woodvale rally (5,6,7th august), maybe a little late for this year as final entries need to be in by 1st july, but if anyone is interested in a weekend camping for around a fiver (i think) for those displaying vehicles, it's not a bad weekend especially if the weather is good.
Old 01 June 2011, 07:45 AM
stealthy1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bobtheboss78
1. stu cooper
2. steve75
3. Tom WRX RA
4. oldman
5. P1 LTD
6. bob theboss78 (as usual)
7. Stealthy1
Old 01 June 2011, 12:41 PM
stucooper
Scooby Regular

Numbers starting to pick up now good good this will be a test run we can discuss routes and try them out and do trial run thinkin over through wallasey tunnel back through Birkenhead tunnel through new ferry Upto spital and back through some country lanes to newbighton shud add some excitement lol
Old 01 June 2011, 02:49 PM
stealthy1
Scooby Regular

Weather looking good too!!
Defo up for a longer run,I've been saving,ha!
Old 01 June 2011, 11:12 PM
Scooby Jo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by subby
just a thought but have you ever (as a club) displayed cars at the woodvale rally (5,6,7th august), maybe a little late for this year as final entries need to be in by 1st july, but if anyone is interested in a weekend camping for around a fiver (i think) for those displaying vehicles, it's not a bad weekend especially if the weather is good.
Thanks for the idea, always welcome - personally it's not for me, I'd rather drive it than wash it

Quick Reply: june 5th tunnel run- the list