Northern (England) Northern Meetings & Events

NBO 8 - Charity Information & Raffle prize

Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2010, 08:54 PM
SCOOBY TOWERS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NBO 8 - Charity Information & Raffle prize

Just a quick update about this years NBO Charity............

....As with previous years, I've registered this years NBO event with work (BAE Systems) and they will once again match (pound for pound) the amount we manage to raise on the day.

Previous years have seen the grand totals to be up around the £8000 mark, so here's hoping we can top that, as I believe this year’s charity will hit home with a lot of the attendee’s.

This years chosen Charity is the ABF - The Soldiers Charity. - http://www.soldierscharity.org/

As with previous years I've tried to secure a money can't buy raffle prize for the winning ticket holder but this year I find myself wanting to win/keep the prize myself !

The main prize for this year is a full day with the Yorkshire Battalion (based at Weeton Barracks, near Preston, Lancashire) for two people.

This will be a full-on day, with an initial welcome to the team, kit issue and dress into full uniform, take a few vehicles out for a test drive (all the vehicles that are normally used in Afghanistan), off to the firing range for some target practice followed by a cooking lesson field style (plus much more).

This is a one day event with the date to be arranged around the winner’s availability.

This prize has only ever been offered once before (auction at work) and it fetched over £1,000 in minutes!

There will of course be other prizes for the raffle, and if anyone would like to donate any suitable prizes please bring them along on the day, as they will be gratefully received .

Hope to see you there and don’t forget to bring your loose change for those extra tickets

Chris
Old 18 May 2010, 10:26 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

It's great to have Chris work with the NBO committee for another year and your help is really valued
the nbo gets better every year with our main aim is fundraising and I'm really excited about this years chosen charity
full details will be coming out in a few days regarding timeing and club and car competions and as Chris says

We could really do with more raffle prizes
the raffle fetches in 10% of our donations so with even more prizes even more tickets will be
sold for charity
better odds then the lottery too !!

Dig deep on the day Guys
Old 18 May 2010, 11:26 PM
micko42
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

defo worthwhile charity and prize