Northern (England) Northern Meetings & Events

Had My First Crash!!

Search this Thread

Old 14 October 2009, 01:40 PM
Azz230988
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Had My First Crash!!

So this morning i was on my way to wythenshawe hospital to take my girlfriend to an emergency scan to check that the baby was ok due to bleeding and i come to a roundabout, the woman in the Honda Jazz in front moved off from the roundabout so i looked right and as it was clear moved off to go onto the roundabout myself, only to notice that the woman had actually stopped again after entering the roundabout which i hadn't seen so ended up going into the back of her!!

We pulled over and looked at the damage, cracked bumper and boot dent for her and smashed head light and scartched bumper for me.

I offered to sort it out without going through the insurance which she agreed to but have just received a call from her husband saying that she has actually reported it and he thought he should let me know!

So phoned my insurance staright away and told them about it, they asked if i accept liability so i asked where do i stand, i know i went into the back of her but she had stopped ON a roundabout!! The man on the phone just replied by saying it was upto me and if i didn't accept liability they would simply investigate the matter and come to a conclusion so i refused to accept liability on the grounds that she had already entered the roundabout and should not of stopped.

Just got to play the waiting game now but no doubt i'll receive word from my insurance that a whiplash claim is being made etc etc!!!

On top of that i now need a new headlight before the tunnel run on sunday!!

But on a positive note the baby is perfectly fine and was playing away when the nurse showed us the scan!!
Old 14 October 2009, 03:48 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

shame to hear you had a prang mate, it happens
However under the law, you have little or no recourse if you hit someone from behind regardless of the situation. I had the same thing a few years ago when the lights were green and some dozy bint just stopped in front of me.
Old 14 October 2009, 03:56 PM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Azz230988
So this morning i was on my way to wythenshawe hospital to take my girlfriend to an emergency scan to check that the baby was ok due to bleeding and i come to a roundabout, the woman in the Honda Jazz in front moved off from the roundabout so i looked right and as it was clear moved off to go onto the roundabout myself, only to notice that the woman had actually stopped again after entering the roundabout which i hadn't seen so ended up going into the back of her!!

We pulled over and looked at the damage, cracked bumper and boot dent for her and smashed head light and scartched bumper for me.

I offered to sort it out without going through the insurance which she agreed to but have just received a call from her husband saying that she has actually reported it and he thought he should let me know!

So phoned my insurance staright away and told them about it, they asked if i accept liability so i asked where do i stand, i know i went into the back of her but she had stopped ON a roundabout!! The man on the phone just replied by saying it was upto me and if i didn't accept liability they would simply investigate the matter and come to a conclusion so i refused to accept liability on the grounds that she had already entered the roundabout and should not of stopped.

Just got to play the waiting game now but no doubt i'll receive word from my insurance that a whiplash claim is being made etc etc!!!

On top of that i now need a new headlight before the tunnel run on sunday!!

But on a positive note the baby is perfectly fine and was playing away when the nurse showed us the scan!!
cant ask for more than that bud, whatever happens now just remind yourself of this mate, i have the same thing happen regular to me in the wagon and you sort of get a 6th sense for it eventually but i am talking hesitation rather than what you described which in my eyes is not your fault. To clarify, she had passed the junction dividing lines so therefore was stationary within the r/bout itsef after the lines and you followed her out(looking right-as you do) checking there was no cars approaching and on continuing you went into the back of her. unfortunately the driver at the back usually is to blame, YES she should of continued on the r/bout without causing obstruction or a hazard, but the flip side is she may of had a sudden engine problem causing a cut out, you will probably never know for sure. they will argue you never looked properly before moving off. dont let it get you down and if a claim for the car damage is to be made then you may as well get your own car sorted at the same time (you may as well). so my advice is try to live with the damage for the time being until you know more. but post your year/model of your motor and the h/light that needs replacing (i may know someone) and try to see if anyone can help you out before you start buying all the essentials as someone may well have a spare for a good home
Old 14 October 2009, 04:05 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

yep same as lee i get it all the time in a wagon and had some very near misses you missus is alright and the baby is fine thats the main thing cars can be fixed watch out that the women driver dosnt try it on saying she had a carf ull off people all claiming whiplash
Old 14 October 2009, 04:47 PM
chris270181
Scooby Regular

ive got a headlight from a 95 classic pre facelift though ill check what side it is.
What year is yours?
Old 15 October 2009, 12:42 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

I think you know your at fault here, but more importantly your both ok and the baby is fine.

Chin up fella the car can be repaired!
Old 15 October 2009, 11:41 AM
Azz230988
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the messages guys, I know the insurance will come back and say i'm at fault, the person who goes into the back of the car always is! But like people are saying, cars can be fixed!

The headlight I need is for an MY00 UK turbo, passenger side, it is one of the crystal ones. If anyone does have one or know of anyone who does please let me know.

Cheers
Old 16 October 2009, 12:00 AM
scoobyverysoon
.......*SMACS*...........

Location: Manchester - Official SMACS Cleaning Freak who suffers from OCD

Sorry to hear this m8 but good news on the baby
Old 16 October 2009, 09:36 AM
johnson12
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about the car and good luck with the baby.
Old 16 October 2009, 06:12 PM
syndrome1
Scooby Regular

sucks that dude i did the same thing in my mondeo ST24 wrote my car off the **** in the car infront squared upto me and called me everything under the sun. all i said was "well you will go and stop on the exit of a roundabout mate"