Northern (England) Northern Meetings & Events

STI ECU for a WRX ?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2009, 10:33 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default STI ECU for a WRX ?!?!

I have 2001 UK300 which im led to believe has the WRX Prodrive ECU, if i was to install an engine from a 2002 STI Prodrive would i just need to swap over the ECU, and if this is possibly is there anything else i need to look into?

I'm still looking for an Engine for my car, to which ive been meaning to ring Andy @ Scoobyteknix to sort out, but the above question was just playing on my mind.

Andy if your reading this, ring me please, i need the excuse to break off stickering up a Group A rally car in the morning......

Cheers
Rob
Old 29 July 2009, 07:48 AM
TingTongPJ
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you would need the sti ecu as well because the wrx one does not run vvt heads even with a remap.

i'm pretty sure you can use your existing wiring loom but thats the bit i think you really need to check.

sti block would give you a lot stronger one than the wrx one so big bonus.
Old 29 July 2009, 09:23 AM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TingTongPJ
you would need the sti ecu as well because the wrx one does not run vvt heads even with a remap.

i'm pretty sure you can use your existing wiring loom but thats the bit i think you really need to check.

sti block would give you a lot stronger one than the wrx one so big bonus.
Cheers Ting Tong, I may also look at this option then.... Car is due to go to Andy at Fleetwood for the work, he can supply me with a std swap over, or a 2.5 bottom end, or WR1 bottom end... Obviously if i find a good deal he is prepared to install that too (ie a complete STI 2002 plate ive seen, running sweet)... right off to work, chow4now

Rob