Notices
Northern (England) Northern Meetings & Events

twoccing with extreme violence, heads up mcr!

Search this Thread

Old 17 November 2006, 10:35 AM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twoccing with extreme violence, heads up mcr!

Phil Greenwood has just informed me about an incident which happened last night. One of his customers contacted him late last night, apparently, the customer drove home in his brand new my06 sti, purchased recently from Greenwood Subaru in Manchester, parked up, was about to go into his house when all hell broke loose. He was attacked, told to hand over his keys, while a machete was held to his throat, and his girlfriend was then threatened with extreme violence if he went to the police.
Needless to say, he handed the keys over, and fortunatley, neither himself or his girlfriend were hurt.
This was in the Mossley part of Manchester. This is the 3rd twoccing Phil has heard of recently in this area.
Be very vigilant out there people. It's not just our nice cars either, they'll have anything nice.

Last edited by cw42; 17 November 2006 at 01:51 PM.
Old 17 November 2006, 10:47 AM
supertouring
Scooby Regular

Sounds very similar to another one I read on here recently.
Old 17 November 2006, 11:06 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Thats about 10 minutes away from me

better get tooled up then
Old 17 November 2006, 11:07 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Were they masked up do you know?
Old 17 November 2006, 11:07 AM
Gav
Scooby Regular

Unfortunatley it's part of the scum society we now live in

New Zeland here i come!
Old 17 November 2006, 11:50 AM
fwdnutz
Scooby Regular

Location: 24hr endurance driving tracks by day, Trucks by night!!!

Bloody druggie gang scum we will have to have flame thrower kits under sills soon! like they have in s.africa to stop attacks at traffic lights,
where do they stand with insurance claim when they handed over the keys ?
Old 17 November 2006, 12:14 PM
Carsey-STI
Scooby Regular

Location: I will be the one in front !!!! - www.scoobysmacs.co.uk

Im led to believe that if you hand your keys to someone your insurance wont pay out. However as this is a robbery you would like to think it would change matters some what.

Its crap we live in such a society full of scum. Why cant they get a job like normal people.
Old 17 November 2006, 01:51 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

edited to add the fact that he'd not just bought the car that day, but had bought it recently from Greenwood.
Old 17 November 2006, 01:55 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

I was just gonna say how did they know.
Old 17 November 2006, 01:56 PM
Gav
Scooby Regular

They could follow you from the dealership!!!
Old 17 November 2006, 03:33 PM
killa
Scooby Regular

That sucks , can't believe it's getting worse, being tooled up might not help as you will need something in your pocket or hand as the thievs will try to catch you out, by the time you know whats happening there is a knife next to you,
Tazer from the USA might help but they are not legal over here..
Old 17 November 2006, 04:05 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Being tooled up would have resulted in serious injury. We can all theorise about how we'd react in these situations, but the truth of the matter is that the scum arrived already armed, prepared to do whatever is necessary, and psyched up for the job in hand. When you are taken completely off your guard by several people ready and willing to go to extreme lengths, resistance is futile and can only aggravate a situation that you will probably get through unharmed if you simply comply. I wish society could eradicate this scum, but until we do your actions must be in the interests of self preservation. The guy did the right thing handing over the keys IMHO. Glad they were both unharmed.
Old 17 November 2006, 04:10 PM
mufcdamo
Scooby Regular

fucxxn hell hate these scumbags mossley is only 5 mins from me here is a similar story
BBC NEWS | England | Lancashire | Robbers threaten driver and boy
Old 17 November 2006, 04:14 PM
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by corradoboy
Being tooled up would have resulted in serious injury. We can all theorise about how we'd react in these situations, but the truth of the matter is that the scum arrived already armed, prepared to do whatever is necessary, and psyched up for the job in hand. When you are taken completely off your guard by several people ready and willing to go to extreme lengths, resistance is futile and can only aggravate a situation that you will probably get through unharmed if you simply comply. I wish society could eradicate this scum, but until we do your actions must be in the interests of self preservation. The guy did the right thing handing over the keys IMHO. Glad they were both unharmed.

Agreed .

only thing you can do is try and get a good look at them

In a perfect world, it wouldn't affect our no claims if it happened as it's not our fault If only.....

Glad to hear they are ok. wonder if they'll get another if they don't get it back
Old 17 November 2006, 04:50 PM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

well this happened to me about 3 months ago but i still wonder what would of happened if u resist? they do hope u will just give up and not fight back are they willing to risk an attempted murder charge for a car? they use an axe and machette for maximum effect.

must say i handed over my keys to.
Old 17 November 2006, 04:53 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Its a good job i know Origami
Old 17 November 2006, 04:54 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Isn't he the bloke that makes your pizza taste nice
Old 17 November 2006, 06:09 PM
mufcdamo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by phil_wrx
well this happened to me about 3 months ago but i still wonder what would of happened if u resist? they do hope u will just give up and not fight back are they willing to risk an attempted murder charge for a car? they use an axe and machette for maximum effect.

must say i handed over my keys to.
yeah at least you got yours back in one piece must admit i would do the same at the end of the day its only a car it can be replaced your life cant
Old 17 November 2006, 09:25 PM
51st state
Scooby Regular

Angry

the same thing happened to a friend about 18months ago in bury, the car was found unmarked 2months later round the corner from a post office in irlam oth height! police must home in on any subaru parked near post offices or any money banks!!
all owners of subaru imprezza's i'm affraid have to remember that the same reason you bought the car makes it equally attractive as a getaway car
i have offroad motorcycles which seem to attrach scum , so driving home can take some diversions with busy mirrors, sad, yes, but can be very affective
Old 17 November 2006, 10:53 PM
Martin-STI
Scooby Regular

Mmmmmm Mossley. I go there about 5 times a week. (Used to live there in a pub, so know alot of people in the town)

Might ask around a few punters see what I can find out.
Old 17 November 2006, 11:25 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

One of the things about incidents like this is it can and does happen anywhere!!!! as previously stated by someone else the cars we drive are very desirable to thieves because of there capabilities , I wiould like to say that i would get out of the car and kick ten shades of sh*t out of any scum that tried to take anything of me that is mine let alone my pride and joy that is my car, But and i must say its a very big BUT i dont honestly know how i,d react at the time due to the fact that you dont know what the circumstances would be ? what if your wife , girlfriend , kids or parents are in the car with you ?

I have changed certain parts of my driving since owning a scooby and one of the main things i do is always leave enough room between me and the car in front when i stop that way if something was to happen then i could make a getaway, i usually always lock my doors as well and i,ve been lookin into getting my windows slightly tinted with the laminated plastic. There is no way i would ever get rid of my car because of things like this though as why should i be dictated to by some little scumbag who would rather rob than graft for a livin
Old 17 November 2006, 11:33 PM
scooter(WRX03 PPP)
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moneys
One of the things about incidents like this is it can and does happen anywhere!!!! as previously stated by someone else the cars we drive are very desirable to thieves because of there capabilities , I wiould like to say that i would get out of the car and kick ten shades of sh*t out of any scum that tried to take anything of me that is mine let alone my pride and joy that is my car, But and i must say its a very big BUT i dont honestly know how i,d react at the time due to the fact that you dont know what the circumstances would be ? what if your wife , girlfriend , kids or parents are in the car with you ?

I have changed certain parts of my driving since owning a scooby and one of the main things i do is always leave enough room between me and the car in front when i stop that way if something was to happen then i could make a getaway, i usually always lock my doors as well and i,ve been lookin into getting my windows slightly tinted with the laminated plastic. There is no way i would ever get rid of my car because of things like this though as why should i be dictated to by some little scumbag who would rather rob than graft for a livin
I keep a metal pen in the door well just in case, so I can stab the *******s in the eye. We'll see if it ever happens.
Old 18 November 2006, 10:56 AM
fwdnutz
Scooby Regular

Location: 24hr endurance driving tracks by day, Trucks by night!!!

yes tinting is a good idea because the plastic film also makes it difficult to break the glass (cracks like a laminated windscreen!) to stop the opertunist crackhead from nicking your stereo and other goodies,

another option is to have a tracking device fitted although expensive usually works well as most are recovered by police!
also clifford do their blackjax option which allows them to start car and drive a safe distance but requires a code input within a certain distance/timeframe if this is not done the next time the brakes are applied and the revs/speed drop to a safe level the car is imbolisied and you can choose to have the option of locking the f**KERS IN UNTIL POLICE/HELP arrives i have even heard of a case of the system being linked to a smoke/teargas canister to really *uc* them up! not sure of legality of this though!
Old 18 November 2006, 12:00 PM
stressymare
Scooby Regular

wish someone would take mine

Old 18 November 2006, 12:57 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

{must resist obvious sarcastic reply}
Old 18 November 2006, 01:16 PM
stressymare
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cw42
{must resist obvious sarcastic reply}
Old 18 November 2006, 03:49 PM
Martin-STI
Scooby Regular

fwdnutz, There was a post about Blackjax and what activates it awhile ago. This is a public forum and lots of different people from all walks of life look on here for one thing and another.

Best practice is to not mention how things are activated etc on here.

This is one of the reasons I had mine wired totally different due to public knowledge
Old 18 November 2006, 04:12 PM
51st state
Scooby Regular

thing is martin you don't know who works in these garages:
my neighbour took his ford to main dealer for a service, two weeks later he came out to find his wheels missing, all locking wheelnuts removed without a mark on them
does'nt take a brain surgeon to work that one out!!
i have been told that some criminals have found a way to find tracking devices within half anhour !!
sometimes the electronic security measures are easier to out wit than the old mechanical methods, or 2 large rottweilers
Old 18 November 2006, 04:16 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 51st state
i have been told that some criminals have found a way to find tracking devices within half anhour !!
A couple of minutes is more realistic, and a few minutes on eBay and you can buy a device to jam their signal anyway. Complete waste of time now.
Old 18 November 2006, 04:24 PM
Martin-STI
Scooby Regular

Howard, you can buy magic sockets now too so basically fooked.

Last edited by Martin-STI; 18 November 2006 at 04:29 PM.

Quick Reply: twoccing with extreme violence, heads up mcr!