Northern (England) Northern Meetings & Events

Micklehead Green Meet

Search this Thread

Old 23 June 2006, 03:42 PM
TimWRX01
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micklehead Green Meet

Is the Micklehead Green / St Helens meet now officially dead?
Old 30 June 2006, 11:13 AM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

:thud:
Old 30 June 2006, 02:43 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

As a Doh Doh - I quite liked Dodo's, for they were flightless but yet birds. I now save praise for the capercaille
Old 30 June 2006, 05:06 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

why dont you come up to the smacs meet tim. you can follow me so you dont get lost there,s a lot of nice cars and the pub they meet in is nice and every other month its singles night while we are there. the lads and lasses are fairly nice as well mate!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03 July 2006, 12:02 PM
TimWRX01
Scooby Regular

I'm not sure I'd be allowed. My mrs likes me to be within 5 miles of the house at all times.

And I would miss Big Brother.
Old 03 July 2006, 01:26 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

big brother being the main reason......
Old 03 July 2006, 03:24 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TimWRX01
I'm not sure I'd be allowed. My mrs likes me to be within 5 miles of the house at all times.

And I would miss Big Brother.
record it mate . ill have you home before 10
Old 03 July 2006, 08:45 PM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

so the smacs are responsible for the death of the micklehead meet then, thanks
Old 03 July 2006, 11:01 PM
vulnax999
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default It Lives ...... the infamous Micklehead Green Scooby Meet

Micklehead meet is still on, if enuff peeps wanna turn up?

Had only 6 - 8 last few monthly meets ( I missed some due to ilness and hols! )

Julia seems busy so I thought I'd pop this up ... ohhh errr .... it's just not down to Julia's level ... is it ?

So Come ye come ye to the olde worlde head of mickle ... you to abdabz, this is wierd enough for you to attend!

Of course, I'll only make it fashionable late at after 9 pm ... sorry dudes!
Old 03 July 2006, 11:21 PM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Neil, no one turned to the last meet, cept me Donna & Julia

no one bothers anymore, now the summer is here they have all defected to the SMACS, and it doesnt really help SMACs members telling peeps to go to their meet instead of the mickle head

not sure if they have always had theirs the same night as the Micklehead

but we do need Julia back rounding up the troops again

If you are going I will pop along too, need to sit outside soak up some sun, and knock a few beers back
Old 03 July 2006, 11:32 PM
Andy S.
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by *Sonic*
no one bothers anymore, now the summer is here they have all defected to the SMACS, and it doesnt really help SMACs members telling peeps to go to their meet instead of the mickle head

not sure if they have always had theirs the same night as the Micklehead
No one has told any one to do anything! if moneys told you to put your head in the fire would you!

Julia was supposed to be bringing you lot down to one of our meets anyway!

If any one wants to come to one of our meets they will be made more than welcome, if they choose to go to someone elses meet then we do not have a problem as we are not a possesive club!

We have members that are also members of the LADS, WYIOC, CADS, WR1Owners, South Yorkshire Scoobys, Wirral scoobs and probably more.

Donna tell him to stop been grumpy!!
Old 04 July 2006, 12:00 AM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

LOL Andy not being grumpy

Micklehead meet seems to have died a death since quite a few started to go to the SMACS meet

I always thought the SMACS was invite only (to avoid any riff raff so to speak ) not saying your not made welcome, just that you more or less had to be invited and not just turn up as such

Never been to a SMACS meet, and to be honest its a bit far (and petrol cost) to go by the time I get in from work, plus the kids too etc etc, plus it (certainly recently) has been the same night as the Micklehead meet, not sure if its always been on the same night (1st Thursday of every month)

The point I was making was more that noone seems to bother with Micklehead now since some of the guys started going to SMACS, to the point where our local meet has died a death

Unless Julia & Neil can make it
Old 04 July 2006, 12:20 AM
Andy S.
Scooby Senior

LOL Andy not being grumpy

Micklehead meet seems to have died a death since quite a few started to go to the SMACS meet

I always thought the SMACS was invite only (to avoid any riff raff so to speak ) not saying your not made welcome, just that you more or less had to be invited and not just turn up as such

Never been to a SMACS meet, and to be honest its a bit far (and petrol cost) to go by the time I get in from work, plus the kids too etc etc, plus it (certainly recently) has been the same night as the Micklehead meet, not sure if its always been on the same night (1st Thursday of every month)

The point I was making was more that noone seems to bother with Micklehead now since some of the guys started going to SMACS, to the point where our local meet has died a death

Unless Julia & Neil can make it
Its never been invite only, we only started the 1st thurday of the month in January this year and has proved very popular as people come from North Wales, Scotland!!!! and Leeds, as well as the local guys,

As I said before all are welcome

You will have to drag DK1 down as she knows us of old (Weekends away to Evo triangle)
Old 04 July 2006, 08:22 AM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

I may make this one if its on.
Old 04 July 2006, 08:36 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

The Micklehead meet died because I stopped going. You all know it's true.
Old 04 July 2006, 11:28 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Cheers Neil, glad to see you flying the flag!
I went in the early days to see the cars as I was Subaru new and loved the variety of cars and people.
In reality though, the technical chit chat went right over my head and the same 6 or 7 cars each time meant I lost interest.
Im giving serious thought to getting shut of the scooby at the mo too . Maybe once I've done some soul searching I'll make a return but at the mo, I'll not be coming down to the Micklehead unless its to let the niece and nephew run round the wacky warehouse!!!
Old 04 July 2006, 04:09 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

so the smacs are responsible for the death of the micklehead meet then, thanks
NO smacs are not responsible for it , the fact that the times i turned up (i live 2 minutes away) there was only about another 3 or 4 people there and we stood around in the freezing cold didnt really appeal to me(yes i did mention going indoors) plus smacs have days out which are really good fun. also people usually arrive when they say they will so your not sat in a car park for ages like some dodgy dogger. i invited tim along to the meet as he posted a thread asking if the micklehead was dead , the fact no-one could even be bothered to give him a straight reply sort of says YES it is dead. tim is a nice lad so i invited him along to a smacs meet thats all.
Old 04 July 2006, 04:18 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

must admit the smacs does sound more appealing with the trips out and discounts etc, and the fact that there is a decent turn out as well
Old 04 July 2006, 11:49 PM
vulnax999
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Well, a bit of controversy here.

No one is saying SMACS meets are poaching people from the mickleHead pub meet, ( the Walton Arms meet in Warrington is also very very quiet .... ) as the SMACS are a proper recognised car club, the Micklehead meet is / was just a chance to meet other like minded Subaru ( and others ! ) owners from the area, and have a chat, look around cars, and go for a lemonade. The original organiser Julian has had little or no support to promote these meets, bar word of mouth and on here...

As the SMACS meets are on the same night a few local people have been asking to have a cruise to there to meet up, no worries... I only don't go as I can only normally get there late due to other commitments .

Yes, it can get a bit techy, but as people meet to discuss their cars ( problems, tuning, etc. ) that's what some people want, the others come for the sociable bit .. and some come to oggle the cars ... so yes there are 75% of the same cars each month .. but we often get a 22B from Manchester coming, fully stickered up Sonic Blue car with big wing, had a B4 Legacy, a couple of 360+ bhp cars,

But it's not all things to all people,

As i am fairly local I hoped to keep supporting it for a friendly chat / meet, not as a major force in car club land .. as the CADS and SMACS are.

And you can meet Julian too, not sure if that's a plus or minus!!

Sorry for the preaching, but I think these are fun!

Steve, Yes, I'll pop along on Thursday, but will be about 9:20 after Scouts!! ( the kiddo not me!!! )
Old 04 July 2006, 11:53 PM
vulnax999
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by NotoriousREV
The Micklehead meet died because I stopped going. You all know it's true.
Yes Dave, bring along the project car plz !!
Old 05 July 2006, 12:11 AM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Thanks Neil

I dont go to the SMACS meets mainly cos the last thing I want to do when I get in from work is to rush to get changed etc then do a 70 mile round trip for an hour in a pub

Walton arms has dropped off the face of SN, but that was never a set meeting time, it was only whenever someone realised there hadnt been a meet for a while that one would be arranged

SMACS changed their meet to be the same as the Micklehead, and with the weather getting better, some of the old Micklehead regulars had started to go there instead, no probs in people doing that

I myself stopped going to the Micklehead for quite a while, due to other commitments etc etc, the last few times I have been, most people there have been new faces, but the last two times I think it was myself, Julian and Yourself, the last time only me & Julian, oh and Donna came along too, and she was quite disapointed

I hate standing out in the freezing cold, but its been roasting the last few days, and actually nice to stand outside chatting drinking etc

Micklehead has never (nor will be) a 'club' like the SMACS etc, like you said Neil its a local meet for local people

SMACS is bound to be more appealing with discounts days out fun drives etc, and all credit to Julian he single handedly promoted the Micklehead meet, and at one point we used to get at least 15 or so folks turning up, including some god damn crazy fool in a stupid stickered up sonic blue scoob (for the days I couldnt be bothered walking )

Ill be there, but im not going to be a billy till 9.20, so Julia at least better show up at 8pm

And Rev bout time you showed your face

Now the question is, do I walk and have a nice few cold pints, or do I come in my new car

Steve
Old 05 July 2006, 08:25 AM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

if I was you I would walk and have a few ice cold pints. It would be rude not to in this weather
Old 05 July 2006, 08:53 AM
TimWRX01
Scooby Regular

I didn't post this thread to start an argument over whose meet is best.

Both have their benefits so let's just leave it at that.

Thanks for the invite to SMACS Ste I may take you up on it one day.

Have you changed anything else on your wagon yet? I've got to get new discs and pads all round on Friday - not cheap at all so I'm never going to save enough for the PPP.
Old 05 July 2006, 01:10 PM
TimWRX01
Scooby Regular

Default Air Con

Can I just check something while I'm on?

Does anyone know of somewhere in St Helens or nearby that can have a look at my air conditioning?

It only seems to blow out hot air and it's killing me at the moment.
Old 05 July 2006, 01:12 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Sorry kids, can't make this one either. Sold my house yesterday so am homeless until I find a new Castle REV.
Old 05 July 2006, 01:41 PM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Tim, yes my next door neighbour does Air Con, he regassed my scoob a year or so ago

he is 190 yards from the micklehead, unlike me i am 200 yards from the micklehead

His garage is in burtonwood, D & G Motors

Rev cardboard boxes arent expensive these days, if you hang round the back of the retail parks, im sure you'll find plenty there

Where you moving too ?
Old 05 July 2006, 01:44 PM
TimWRX01
Scooby Regular

Tim, yes my next door neighbour does Air Con, he regassed my scoob a year or so ago

he is 190 yards from the micklehead, unlike me i am 200 yards from the micklehead

His garage is in burtonwood, D & G Motors

Rev cardboard boxes arent expensive these days, if you hang round the back of the retail parks, im sure you'll find plenty there

Where you moving too ?
Thanks very much, I'll give him a call.
Old 05 July 2006, 01:47 PM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

No probs, tell him you got his number from me not that it will make that much difference, although he told me the other day he has stopped advertising air con gassing etc

I need him to do my new car at some point, it does work at the moment, but its not overly cold
Old 05 July 2006, 02:26 PM
TimWRX01
Scooby Regular

Cheers

I have given them a call. I didn't speak to your neighbour though. The bloke said that I was probably referring to Dave when I said about getting the number off here.

The fella said he could do it this week though, only £58, so not too bad.(considering that I have also just had a 45K service and am getting my discs and pads all changed on Friday)
Old 05 July 2006, 02:40 PM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

No probs, sorry should have said ask for Dave

I think I paid about 45 /48 quid for mine, but thinking back it was 2 years ago now, and what bliss it was after stood in scorching hot sun for an hour whilst it was being gassed to the drive home

Quick Reply: Micklehead Green Meet