Northern (England) Northern Meetings & Events

Thanks to 'Scout master' Mellow & 'Girl Guide' Slider

Search this Thread

Old 15 July 2001, 05:16 PM
CRAFT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Just got back, really enjoyed the trip and company. superb roads, scenery and the weather kept in our favour!!!!
See ya all soon....

Cheers.
CRAFT(Mr&Mrs)
Old 15 July 2001, 07:29 PM
ChrisB

Thumbs up

<B>Big, big thank you to the NCT Committee - Mellow Yellow, Super Slider and Michelle.</B>

Fantastic planning effort to sort out special car parking and eating space at the Pubs.

Good to met some new Scooby folk and catch up with some familiar faces.

Saturday morning was brilliant. Fantastic roads with Michelle doing a tour guide routine over the radios (did make herself useful by calling out hazards as well). Got the Scooby flying off a nice crest early on - whoooooooo.

Bit of a downer after lunch for obvious reasons. Beautiful car Phil, get it fixed and back out with us soon please!

Saturday night - hic! Does anyone have any video of the post food discussion? Apparently I missed a whole discussion on pigeons (or something close), despite only being three foot away! Instead of making up another bottle of vodka / Tequila Red Square / Diet Dr. Pepper mix, I’d suggest just getting a big bucket of economy paint stripper from B&Q!

Sunday. A ****-up of epic proportions by yours truly trying to find the petrol station (doh!, doh! and double doh!). Lost the rest of my group (JohnF, Banshi and Charlie-Whiskey) fighting through the evil mix of caravans and Sunday drivers (once I’d finally made it onto the route!). Made navigating a tad-hard as my start point was twenty-something miles into the route and hence my trip counter didn't match the route notes.

After getting split up, the only Scooby I saw on route until the finish point was Super Slider. Didn't go wrong once though and gave me a superb chance to start learning the Scooby on clear, fast roads in the wet and dry. Cracking run across the Dales in the wet – how good are S02s???

An excellent weekend with excellent cars, roads and company.

Thank you for letting me come along and play!

ChrisB.
Old 15 July 2001, 08:07 PM
pedr1co
Scooby Regular

Cool

thanks to all who helped out organisin and especially mellow for his dedication to this event. it's put a well earned smile on my face so i think its a big success! finally, i'd like to say thanks to nurofen for gettin rid of the headache!

for those who left the pub in other directions, homeward bound - u missed out. watchin the westfield p155 on mellow was amazin!!!! if it had wings it would fly!!

sorry clarey mate - i missed u for the drinkin sesh! hope it won't be long till ur back?

thanks to all

take it easy

pete
Old 15 July 2001, 08:45 PM
ChrisB

Exclamation

One other thing - who was the guy in the Sport who was nipping around the run and taking pictures?

Hopefully there should be a couple of good 'uns of me coming up and down the Kirkstone Pass. Be interested to have a look and maybe get one blown up (vain, me?).

ChrisB.
{My digi pictures will be along shortly}
Old 15 July 2001, 08:53 PM
super slider
Scooby Regular

Pete
What about me in my heavy, slow and ugly MY01. Thought I kept up a reasonable pace eh
Michael
Old 15 July 2001, 09:02 PM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

Excellent run Michael, you are a nutter!!!! Weaving in and out of that traffic!!! I see you are getting VERY used to that MY01, time for upgrades and more power methinks

Mellow, outdone today were we

Wait till Little Miss comes out to play, the Mighty Mellow, toppled by a mere girlie, hee hee

Michelle.

Ah yes and thanks to Pete for providing a night of entertainment
Old 15 July 2001, 09:21 PM
555 BOY
Scooby Regular

Talking

Yes Cheers everybody,Now that I've got my first meet under my belt I know what to expect, so I'll hopefully cya all at some meets later in the year.

Do I not get a prize or be entered into the Scoobynet book of fame & achievements for what I did to my pax............Spuuuuuuuuey ?

p.s. WILL YOU ALL BE QUIET COS SOME OF US ARE TRYING TO SLEEP..........AND MY HUSBANDS GOT A PORSCHE

Trending Topics

Old 15 July 2001, 09:34 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Mellow (AND TEAM) Nothing short of brilliant, and I owe you at least a fiver. Sorry I was unable to assist in placating (not) the neighbours.

ChrisB: "the guy" is Mister Dickon P Sidall Esq (an absolute diamond geezer who stood freezing on top of a fell for over an hour, cos our departure was delayed by someone who couldn't follow simple instructions to SUL ) assisted by apprentice focus puller Beckie.

I'll let u know how the pics turn out in due course.

Now my turn to aplologise, when we became entangled with 4x4s and caravans I checked behind at the catch up point & saw Dickon trailing the group. I assumed he and Beckie would lead you through, didn't realise he was darting off to get some more shots So instead of stopping and falling behind the snake again I continued with Fellie and Michell! Some trip Michell insists that wet patch was purely a result of the rain

CB/CW hope struggling alone with the route, bends and weather didn't detract too much from your enjoyment. Sorry again if it did, end of grovelling apology, for now.

I did learn that it's necessary to remove the lense cap from the camera so I'll find out if I have anything other than pics of black cats in coal cellars at midnight.

B.

P.S I understand Mellows poor performance was due slow reaction times resulting from sleep deprivation caused by the presence of a certain well endowed barmaid

[This message has been edited by banshi (edited 15 July 2001).]
Old 15 July 2001, 09:47 PM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

Wink

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by 555 BOY:
<B>p.s. WILL YOU ALL BE QUIET COS SOME OF US ARE TRYING TO SLEEP..........AND MY HUSBANDS GOT A PORSCHE [/quote]

YES IT IS 2AM FOR GOD'S SAKE WILL YOU SHUT UP!!!!!!!

LOL, I nearly cried!!!

Though all of them were in the showers in the morning whinging about us keeping them awake, I realised I had my Subaru bag with me and made a hasty sharp exit!!!!

Michelle

[This message has been edited by MichelleWRX1994 (edited 15 July 2001).]
Old 15 July 2001, 09:53 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Red face

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>for those who left the pub in other directions, homeward bound - u missed out. watchin the westfield p155 on mellow was amazin!!!! if it had wings it would fly!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Believe me, it didnt needs wings to fly today!

Those P1's, bloody hell, those things can shift on the sort of roads we were using today. My car isnt exactly set up for bumpy B-Roads, the tyres were a bit of a challenge (major understatement) in the wet too but it was a right good laugh on the dryer sections where the roads weren't quite so rough.

Mike in the WRX wasn't hangin about either, I can see why he has the back end twitching about a bit. That car has real good front end bite and he was using that quite agresively, the rear just sort of tries to hang on for grim death.

Thanks for all the hard work on the route Chris, Mike and Michelle, i particularly apreciated the cautioned crests as my thing was hitting the chassis on a couple of the high speed compresions. Without the warnings there would be a big pool of oil somewhere in the Lakes right now.

Glad you enjoyed your run in the Westie Michelle, goes a bit dunnit.

Sorry it was rather a mucky Westie and not gleaming like the Scoobs. I havent cleaned it since doing 1500 miles to the ring and back plus driving round Rockingham yesterday. I keep getting distracted by mods and mad days out.

Right, off to find some new tyres cos mine are fooked. LOL

John (with a soggy **** )
Old 15 July 2001, 09:54 PM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

Banshi I have a silent *e* in my name!!!!!

It was rain nothing else!

DOWN BOY!!!!!

And I am very proud of you too, you actually found where the accelerator was, must have been a shock to you!!! Keep on practicing, you might keep up one day

Michelle
^
Note the *e*
Old 15 July 2001, 10:06 PM
ChrisB

Exclamation

My defence in the "Hunt for the Super Unleaded and Resulting ****-up" - Mr Booth vs the People...

Day 1 - out of Ambleside and up to the top of the Kirkstone pass...

97.7 - A T-Jnt (highest pub in England) turn right A592
104.3 - Mini roundabout - across signposted A592 Newby Bridge
<B>Or Turn left and continue up for approx. 2 miles for re-fuel at Shell SUL for following day</B>
105.8 Mini roundabout - turn right towards Newby Bridge
110.2 Hidden very sharp left turn back on yourself up hill signposted Park Cliffe camp site

Soooo....

If the petrol station is actually a left turn at the <B>2nd</B> roundabout, then why is the instruction against the first waypoint ???

I rest my case M'Lud.

ChrisB.
{That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!}
Old 15 July 2001, 10:11 PM
ChrisB

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Right, off to find some new tyres cos mine are fooked. LOL<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No wonder!

Old 15 July 2001, 10:13 PM
CharlieWhiskey
Scooby Regular

Cool

Cheers to Mellow/Slider (and you Michelle!) for an excellent weekend. Routes, Pubs, Preferantial Parking & most of all a great crowd, but you really must have a word with someone about the weather, you fixed everything else

{Shame about the Scousers!}

pedr1co: I think you've pulled mate! Robert's pining for you as we speak

Banshi, No worries mate!, it's par for the course in the lakes . But once I've got TSL to strap a couple of Exocets to the front those Caravaners won't stand a chance

I REALLY enjoyed doing the second half of today 'solo' as I could run at my own pace on a road I'm getting to know verrry well

Shame I missed most of the GP, but then again, so did Coulthard

After the pub, Mellow/JohnF & Co., where the F*** did you go? I was only about 10 seconds behind when I passed DreamWeaver but you just vanished!

Oh well, not long till Wales {Sept 8/9th for those boomer & I forgot to remind!)

Chris

Old 15 July 2001, 10:48 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

ROFLMAO

Looks like the LSD is still working! Now imagine that in the wet.

Thats not me ocifer

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>After the pub, Mellow/JohnF & Co., where the F*** did you go? I was only about 10 seconds behind when I passed DreamWeaver but you just vanished!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Errrm, we went for a quiet sunday run in the country. LOL

[This message has been edited by johnfelstead (edited 15 July 2001).]
Old 15 July 2001, 11:01 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Sooory MichellE but our dietician said too many Es are bad for you, and we wouldn't want that would we.
Thanks Lads
No David Baily but one for the album I think
JF just as well it rained, occasionally, the rears would have been down to the canvas....wheelspin anytime, anygear, anywhere....esp at the Car Boot Sale T Junction that the constabulary were supervising
Why did my meek littl saloon get the evil eye?
Old 15 July 2001, 11:09 PM
ChrisB

Thumbs up

Banshi,

No problem with getting dropped. Once I'd finally blatted past the caraven, Miss Daisy, Miss Daisy's siter, her grandma etc etc, I settled into a nice pace on some cracking roads. A very enjoyable afternoon - certainly tests the old grey matter driving and nav'ing.

John - noticed as soon as I uploaded it. Edited one is uploading now...

The run back ey...I was on and off the back of our little group like a rubber band.

ChrisB.
Old 15 July 2001, 11:10 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Michelle
It was an educational weekend, Saturday evening found out what my right hand was for,
NO pedr1co, ...lifting pints.
Sunday morning found out what my right foot was for.
Now if I can just find a use for that fifth gear

B
Old 15 July 2001, 11:16 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Red face

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>esp at the Car Boot Sale T Junction that the constabulary were supervising<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had to wake the buggers up. They looked well bored. Doing my bit to help the Police do a difficult job.

Oh yeh, those tyres are the softest compound, closest to a slick that is road legal you can buy. You should see it on normal road tyres, it's undrivable.

cheers Chris
Old 15 July 2001, 11:20 PM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

Banshi,

You have got to get out of first before you can progress to fifth LOL

Chris who is Miss Daisy's siter?????

Michelle (aka LMP)
Old 16 July 2001, 12:02 AM
ChrisB

Thumbs up

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>ChrisB: "the guy" is Mister Dickon P Sidall Esq (an absolute diamond geezer who stood freezing on top of a fell for over an hour, cos our departure was delayed by someone who couldn't follow simple instructions to SUL ) assisted by apprentice focus puller Beckie. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please let me know, as hopefully there might be a couple of good ones of me and my Scooby.

ChrisB.
Old 16 July 2001, 12:09 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Sounds like I missed a top weekend - hot damn . Found out about it a bit too late to cancel the saturday stuff, so next time...

Anyone up for another one at the end of August ???
Old 16 July 2001, 01:30 AM
wrx
Scooby Regular

Cheers Mellow & Michael and er oh I've forgotten who the other one was? Mellow I remember you told me, it was that one who pretends to drive a scoob fast. Now who was that. Only joking Michll (ran out of E's)

It really was a top weekend and a joy to be in such a great crowd.

The video should be a good one as the tripod stayed up for the whole trip (must have been going to slow) I better destroy the evidence soon else Mellow will be saying goodbye to his license. Cheers for staying in front by the way cus my mileage was a bit out, I know I slowed you down a bit trying to keep up but at least you'll have some good memories when you get a copy of the video.

I can't remember everyone's scoobynet name, its hard enough for me to remember normal names. We need a picture of people, car and scoobynet name library to refer to.

See you all on WCT3 Matt
Old 16 July 2001, 08:05 AM
Mellow Yellow !
Scooby Regular

Glad you all enjoyed it folks, can't believe this bloody gorgeous weather today !
Not knowing the roads back from the finish point I waved "super slider" in front to lead then all hell let loose, what did you have to drink Michael.... octane booster you pushed your beastie like never before m8, then John and Michelle in the Westie, it made my ears flap when it passed me at light speed, unbelievable, then trying to keep up with you two bobbing an a weaving !!!!Just thankful none of us were lasered
Anyway, thanks to everyone that made it, I appreciate the effort and comittment that goes into all the events that appear on this board, I know no other "car circles" that have such an active social side to their ownership and enthusiasm.
Too the next event then .......
(Now, more mods.....erm.....let me think....shut it Michelle )
Chris
Old 16 July 2001, 08:49 AM
RICH WILD
Scooby Regular

Cool

Just to add my bit.

Thanks Mellow, Mike and Michelle for a top weekend. Sunday's roads were AWESOME.

Car ran well all weekend, was flying on Sunday, especially seeing as I had 3 in the car.

Thanks too to Mr. & Mrs. Craft for leading us on both days. Had a bit of an Italian job thing going on both days with Red, White then Blue scoobs!

Managed to upset many a pedestrian with the old HKS Hiper, especially at low speed through the towns.

Look forward to the next one

Rich (3 scoops)
Old 16 July 2001, 09:46 AM
AndrewC
Scooby Regular

Rich,

Never mind the pedestrians, I could hardly hear my full SS with all the windows down

Perhaps I shouldn't have been so close

Andrew...

PS. Simon took about 20 digi photo's of 'The Italian Job' on Saturday from inside the car, I'll get some of them posted ASAP.
Old 16 July 2001, 11:06 AM
RICH WILD
Scooby Regular

Nice one, Andrew, look forward to the pics.

Sunday's roads suited my car a bit more. Lots of top end power needed. That's where the HKS comes into its own.

We had a blue MY01 behind us on the second day. We certainly attracted some attention!

Rich
Old 16 July 2001, 11:44 AM
ChrisB

Thumbs up

Just finished sorting out and uploading my photo's. I was really tired last night and couldn't be bothered finishing them off - sorry!
Old 16 July 2001, 12:55 PM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

Wink

Seeing as I am now on holiday I thought I would carry on as the camping trip had left off and had a few drinks when I got home .

Just to add my two penny's worth, thanks to those who organised this event as I throughly enjoyed myself and I think my friends did (except one who foolishly took a ride with super slider and half way through became ill).

All I can add to this is that; next time we have an exclusive camp area so as not to offend anybody else. I did not fancy my chances with the XXXXXXXXL Women in that tent who became rather annoyed for some unknown reason to me

p.s. Super Slider, small world eh!!!!

Damian.

Old 16 July 2001, 04:09 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Nick
What planet were you on this has been planned for months.
But I believe there is already talk of a
re-run

Quick Reply: Thanks to 'Scout master' Mellow & 'Girl Guide' Slider