WYIOC Forum at The Racing Line

Search this Thread

Old 24 March 2005, 02:00 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WYIOC Forum at The Racing Line

Hi All.

Conrad at The Racing Line is asking The WYIOC (Sticky knows what I'm on about....) whether we still need our forum at The Racing Line website.

Message posted as follows:-
"Harryboy, are the WYIOC interested in using this forum or is the preference to still use SN?

Please advise so I can tidy up the forum if its not required.

Regards

Conrad"

Views please, guys 'n' gals......
Old 24 March 2005, 02:17 PM
Sticky Stuff
Scooby Regular

Location: ShyTot graphics Location: Squires Bar Location: Wakecastlefract

I think, as has been discussed repeatedly in the past, that the preference is, and will remain SN.

Were it not for this place than the WYIOC would not be, or if it were it would be vastly different to what it is currently.

Our own forum has been tried before, and as everyone is well aware, had very little traffic. What's the point in posting something here, then repeating the self same thing on another forum or two.

As SN is the place where most local Scooby owners will get their first introduction to Subaru forums and indeed the WYIOC, it would be stupid to move things elsewhere at the risk of missing any potential new members.

Our own website is a different matter, as once they are aware of who and what the WYIOC is they can pop on there to find out more about the club and it's interests, events, members, etc. so I firmly believe in having such a presence. Another forum away from SN however, seems like a fruitless excercise.
Old 24 March 2005, 07:43 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

^^^^Wot 'e said^^^^

Now, what about a rolling road day
Old 24 March 2005, 07:49 PM
Sticky Stuff
Scooby Regular

Location: ShyTot graphics Location: Squires Bar Location: Wakecastlefract

apparently only 2WD at the mo... but watch this space
Old 24 March 2005, 09:23 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Agreed. I did speak to Conrad about the forum possibly becoming our home when we went down for the photo shoot, but at that time I was unsure about the look and feel and said that I'd take a look.

At the moment there's nothing to beat SNET from the point of view of being the home of all things Scoob (and more), its focus and ease of use and great features. We've tried various flavours and Phil has had a few great stabs at varying the conetnt and look and feel, but I still feel that there is nothing 'different' enough to lure us away.

I did get a response from Chris regarding the club specific forums here and I'm still waiting on a response from Simon or Shaun direct or via Chris. Chris did say however, that he felt it was agreat idea and would be considered.. I'll chase them up..

This doesn't mean that we'll support Conrad & Matts venture any less, it simply means that our current Forum appears to remain here.

The website however is a different matter. I've not heard anything back from Maddy after he said he'd come down to the last meet and help develop the site. He remains very busy and therefore it looks like we have to go it alone with finding a site.. I'll contact him again and ask if we can have/use the .co.uk name. It's all a matter of finding a suitable host and someone drafting a decent front and and Simple 2-3 page content..
Old 27 March 2005, 09:31 PM
Conrad@the Racing line
Scooby Regular

Location: 01274 881106 www.theRacingline.co.uk West Yorkshire
Talking

No problems Guys, your own opinions are valued, just dont want to waste space if its not required. Sticky is correct we are only 2 wheel drive dyno at the moment but aledgedly Dyno Dynamics are promising it (4WD version) to be in the country by late next week. Where have I heard that before?

Regards

Conrad
Old 28 March 2005, 02:07 PM
silver sonic
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=Conrad@the Racing line]No problems Guys, your own opinions are valued, just dont want to waste space if its not required. Sticky is correct we are only 2 wheel drive dyno at the moment :

I have a couple of axle stands

Conrad do you keep the oil temperature sender adaptors for sender to go under intercooler in stock?