Northern (England) Northern Meetings & Events

Wiggin Tree Break In

Search this Thread

Old 27 October 2004, 09:55 PM
Up_North
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiggin Tree Break In

I was at Wiggin Tree today from 4.45 to 6.15. Got back to car, pressed the blip, pulled door handle and it came off in my hand. Then noticed lots of trim missing around door handle. Thought they must have been disturbed - checked boot - laptop gone! Tw@ts!

Note this wasn't in a scoob - it was in a works Mondeo. I have no idea how they did this, cos although I couldn't get in the drivers side, all the other doors were locked. They even put some of the trim on the windscreen for me - nice of them.

Although Wiggin Tree have CCTV it doesn't cover the part of the car park where the car was. Police came fairly quick. They reckon it was probably just opportunists getting lucky - and they got very lucky. I was initially very confused as to how the alarm didn't go off - then it crossed my mind that maybe it doesn't have an alarm - 2002 Mondeo Zetec?

I know the Wiggin Tree is fairly popular place and there's a regular meet there - hopefully it was just a one-off.

Ian

PS - If anyone's offered a Compaq Armada E500 cheap could you clear the Internet cache before using it - don't wanna be accused of being a sicko, what with al the visits to Scoobynet, etc!! - you gotta laugh!
Old 27 October 2004, 10:08 PM
minor_threat
Scooby Regular

That's ****. They probably know which parts of the car park aren't covered by the cameras. I'm glad it wasn't your scoob though! Did you put the laptop in the boot after you parked the car there? Hope there aren't any nasty repercussions (like work getting shirty about it).
Old 27 October 2004, 10:28 PM
Up_North
Scooby Regular

Hiya Jason,

Nah - put it in boot at the office. Don't think there'll be any repercussions. You get to think "hmm what sensitive stuff might be on there" and "when did I last back it up - was it this year or last???"

Can't believe it - I've had 3 imprezas, an RX8, TT and a Jag S Type R and nobody has ever attempted to break in. I have a Mondeo for one nite!!!!!

Ian

PS - Say Hi to Kelly
PPS - Paula says Hi
Old 28 October 2004, 11:14 PM
scoobess
Scooby Regular

Hi Paula, Hi Ian =)

Soz to hear that poo news!

next sat I'm making pizza & mulled wine if you fancy coming over before fireworks ?