Notices
Northern (England) Northern Meetings & Events

"Can a Northern Scooby fan help me"

Search this Thread

Old 14 August 2002, 12:06 PM
imprezza99uk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im looking for a Scooby and was wondering if one of you are planning a drive sometime and wouldn`t mind having a paasenger as ive only ever been in one Subaru and that was test driving a LHD car that i was thinking of buying! I just want to ask a few questions to someone who as techinical knowledge and can point me in the right direction as what model to go for! I like the 2000 AWD as i pref a 4 door with uk spec and im trying to hold out for one that has come into the country in sonic blue! Thanx Rob (Warrington) imprezza99_rs@hotmail.com
Old 14 August 2002, 03:47 PM
SAINT
Scooby Regular

Rob,i live in Warrington and sometimes we meet up at mcdonalds on winwick road on a monday night for a chat.keep a look out for a post on this forum & hopefully we can arrange a meet for this monday night.
Old 14 August 2002, 05:39 PM
imprezza99uk
Scooby Regular

Thanx Saint! Its just it would be appreciated for someone to show me what a Subaru road car is capable of and tell me the plus points and some advice on buying! Im hoping to have a car soon and will come on some of the runs that you plan, im not going to jump at the 1st car i see as you know thats a mistake i will hold out for the right car and deal! Thanx Rob
Old 15 August 2002, 10:11 AM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

As Saint says,there's quite a few of us that meet up in Warrington so keep an eye on this forum or alternatively,get yaself down to Mainland Subaru this weekend as there's an open day and you should be able to organise a test drive!!!!

Good luck

Nick
Old 29 August 2002, 09:00 PM
chaos69
Scooby Regular

Cool

any help i can give, will do. reference mainland, if you get there early enough(9.30 am)on sunday 1st sept, there will be a load of us there, for a run out to "no mans land". come down and see us if you can.

CHAOS69.
Old 29 August 2002, 09:56 PM
Rich D
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I too am looking for my first Scooby soon and I've only ever been a passenger in one Impreza briefly, so don't really know what they're like. I know I was sat there grinnig for the couple of minutes I was in the car and it did sound awesome, but that's the sum total of my Scooby experience.

My mate had an Evo VI for about 2 years though (now sold) and I'd been in that a lot and I've driven it a couple of times too, but it was running about 350bhp at it's peak and will be a completely different drive to an Impreza.

Wouldn't mind coming to a local meet (or whatever) to see some cars, speak to people, ask advice and hopefully get a passenger ride in a couple of different variants?!

Will definately be a normal UK car first, as I can get insurance very cheaply now (26, 9yrs NCB, clean licence), then maybe graduate to a higher model.

Have been looking on here and in AutoTrader to see what sort of car I can get for what sort of money.

I have just recently bought a house (3 weeks ago) so I will be waiting a couple of months or so before I even think of a new car, need to buy bl00dy washing machines and furniture for now!

Will be pestering you lot soon though...