Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Just had a "chat" with a speed camera cop....

Search this Thread

Old 03 July 2013, 03:00 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Just had a "chat" with a speed camera cop....

...and told him what I thought of him, his scam and the police force for supporting it.

He tried to say he was "saving lives" and I laughed in his face.

Told him he was a liar AND a thief in that case.

Scum.
Old 03 July 2013, 03:04 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Night in the cells ?

Last edited by dpb; 03 July 2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old 03 July 2013, 03:43 PM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Location: Secretly saving for another Blobeye STI. Crystal Grey. Widetrack
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I once asked a copper if he would arrest me if I called him a ****. he said yes.
So I asked him if he would arrest me if I merely thought he was a ****. he said no.

So I said ' I think you are a ****'.

mercifully he was a friend's brother in law so took the compliment lightly.
Old 03 July 2013, 03:48 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan W
I once asked a copper if he would arrest me if I called him a ****. he said yes.
So I asked him if he would arrest me if I merely thought he was a ****. he said no.

Old 03 July 2013, 04:33 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
...and told him what I thought of him, his scam and the police force for supporting it.

Scum.
He obviously didn't know you then or he'd have fukced off if he'd seen you coming.
Old 03 July 2013, 04:35 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scum.
Did you ask him what speed he had his camera set to?
Old 03 July 2013, 04:41 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Gunness straight, Scotter bottom or Ashby Road dear boy?

Trending Topics

Old 03 July 2013, 05:34 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Scotter bottom. Hidden near Burn Road Spar.

They were on Queensway at 5.20am the other morning, broad daylight, dry road, only a few cars going to or coming off the works.

But hey...it's about saving lives, not the revenue......
Old 03 July 2013, 05:42 PM
MRSIMPSON
Scooby Regular

Do you think the cop decided to go out and take his speed camera just because he felt like it? I'd imagine he was told to do it, by someone who was told to do it, by someone else who was... You get the idea...

Why give a guy a load of grief for doing his job?... Life's too short.
Old 03 July 2013, 05:49 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Cruise control, works for me
Old 03 July 2013, 06:58 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MRSIMPSON
Do you think the cop decided to go out and take his speed camera just because he felt like it? I'd imagine he was told to do it, by someone who was told to do it, by someone else who was... You get the idea...

Because they deserve it and should have taken up another vocation

My friends father is a self employed bus driver and when ever he spots a camera van and can park his coach behind it he does every single time I think it's class, they hate him for it but if they are parking in a public place they can't stop him, he just sits and smiles
Old 03 July 2013, 08:26 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MRSIMPSON

Yup
Old 03 July 2013, 08:36 PM
alistair
Scooby Senior

It very much depends on where they are as to what I think of them......
Old 03 July 2013, 09:04 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Their woeful cries of, "we are doing our job, "or "We are just obeying orders.." cut no ice with me.

Most of them KNOW what they are doing is highway robbery, and they should oppose it...but they don't.
Old 03 July 2013, 10:06 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Scumbags!

I don't mind the actual traffic Police TBH at least you can reason and have a bit of banter with most of them when stopped, I've been let of a few times over the years for minor offences like straying over the speed limit etc.

With the cameras it's a different story, the only time you get to put your point across is in court.
Old 04 July 2013, 12:36 AM
daddyscoob
Scooby Regular

Just a thought.... But if you are not speeding then no problem
Old 04 July 2013, 08:57 AM
Jamie330S
Scooby Regular

Scum.

Big man. Give yourself a pat on the back while you're at it.
Old 04 July 2013, 09:22 AM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Their woeful cries of, "we are doing our job, "or "We are just obeying orders.." cut no ice with me.

Most of them KNOW what they are doing is highway robbery, and they should oppose it...but they don't.
Following on from yet another Saturday evening when a load of pi55up up youths ran rampage around Howden (where I live) smashing up fences etc. and the police saying they didn't have enough resources to stop this sort of behaviour, I wrote a letter to the CC asking how could it be that they couldn't put officers on the beat to control and stamp out such behaviour, which caused thousands of pounds worth of damage, not the mention the couple of hours of noise that came with it causing misery for residents, yet they managed to stick somebody in a van on Thorpe Road, every Sunday, without fail, to catch motorists going the East Coast. I actually got a phone call in reply, not from the CC, but our local Inspector(?). He said, “I agree with everything your saying, and to be honest, those camera vans have caused untold damage to the police/public relationship”

As it is, they still park on Thorpe Road, and have now taken to using two vans in quick succession around HOSM area to fleece yet more motorists, and that’s after the local magistrates have told them to stop doing it, because it’s taking up too much time court time.

If it was about road safety rather than money, they wouldn't send an anonymous envelope out in the post, they’d stop you there and then and have a good old chat with you, like they did in the old days.
Old 04 July 2013, 09:32 AM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Couple of beat cops sit in a quiet country village just off the main road .... in there "panda" just to catch motorists cutting over a mini bit of white tarmac they seem to call a roundabout.
Winds me up. I though beat cops were actually that. Dont mind traffic cops at all ...
Old 04 July 2013, 09:33 AM
scooby87
Scooby Regular

If the road was a 30 then speed trap away or an area where there is a risk of pedestrians or other dangers.

But by the sound of it, was a dry open road with barely anyone around in the morning when obviously most people stray a little over the limit -- not fair

They caught me once of the north circular at 3:40 in the morning, dry and completely dead road..... . .

How these traps are saving peoples lives I will never know..
Old 04 July 2013, 10:19 AM
oliVeR6
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dan W

Heard this one before
Old 04 July 2013, 10:19 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Possibly seen on another forum
I was at work yesterday, just sitting in the back of the van with no film in the camera. I was sent there to act as a deterrent as this is a known accident blackspot where lives have been lost in the past.

All of a sudden, this little red-faced Victor Meldrew showed up, hammering on the van and accusing me of running a scam. He told me he thinks I'm a liar and a thief. I wanted to tell him he's a massive ****, but thought better of it as it's not going to change anything.

I think he's just pissed off as he lives in the ****hole known as Scunthorpe, which would explain why the only thing to come out of Scunthorpe are *****.

I'll have the last laugh though, I recorded his details and his car will be lighting up the ANPR cameras like a Christmas tree
Just to give my fingers some exercise (as this point always gets ignored), response officers don't operate speed camera vans. They are too busy rushing from job to job.

Your neighbourhood policing beat officers, their too busy drinking cups of tea and passing their jobs on to response officers to deal with.

Public protection officers (domestic violence) are too busy to go out operating camera vans as they are too busy passing their investigations on to response officers to do the work for them.

Senior officers don't operate scamera vans as they are too busy brown nosing their way up the promotion chain and inventing hair-brained schemes, in order to get promoted, to mean they don't have time to leave the office.

This leaves the civilians who, with no powers of arrest, don't get everyone else's investigations to complete, so they have time to sit in a van. And get shouted at by miserable old gits (who'd probably get a night in the cells if they had said the same to a officer with powers of arrest).
Old 04 July 2013, 10:21 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

I'm sure they all fancy a trip to meet up with the chief inspector, HR and the rest of the disciplinary panel for failing to comply with a lawful order.
Old 04 July 2013, 10:40 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
Just to give my fingers some exercise (as this point always gets ignored), response officers don't operate speed camera vans. They are too busy rushing from job to job.

Your neighbourhood policing beat officers, their too busy drinking cups of tea and passing their jobs on to response officers to deal with.

Public protection officers (domestic violence) are too busy to go out operating camera vans as they are too busy passing their investigations on to response officers to do the work for them.

Senior officers don't operate scamera vans as they are too busy brown nosing their way up the promotion chain and inventing hair-brained schemes, in order to get promoted, to mean they don't have time to leave the office.

This leaves the civilians who, with no powers of arrest, don't get everyone else's investigations to complete, so they have time to sit in a van. And get shouted at by miserable old gits (who'd probably get a night in the cells if they had said the same to a officer with powers of arrest).
I have no problem with you, and you do say some very sensible things sometimes, but you really, really should have stayed in the force (like I told you before) but you don't half talk some crap and "establishment bollax" sometimes, the blokes in the vans do it to earn extra cash, simple, the reasons for the vans is to earn extra cash.

We all know it's got bugger all to do with safety, and as ex copper and a civilian yourself you should have a better insight into the workings of the "SYSTEM" in general, but instead you still cheer for the establishment, you chose to leave for what ever reasons.

All this "Just a bloke doing his job" is horse ****, all the cops from top to bottom know everything that's wrong with the system yet CHOSE to do NOTHING about it, and voting with your feet is not the solution, as then there will just be the thug/one rung above retard element left, which is the reason someone like you should have stayed in.
Old 04 July 2013, 10:42 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Your mouth has run away with you again...this copper was on a police motorbike and in full biker uniform.

NOW what have you to say?
Old 04 July 2013, 10:46 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

I'm sure they all fancy a trip to meet up with the chief inspector, HR and the rest of the disciplinary panel for failing to comply with a lawful order.
No-one said anything about that.

But how many of them let the powers that be KNOW they think it's wrong?

"We were just obeying orders", cut no ice in 1945 and it cuts even less now.

A good mate sat at a dinner one night next to a chief constable. Even he told my mate that this speed camera business is destroying most people's relationship with the cops, who know that they need Joe Public on their side.

Unfortunately, the first and only dealings Joe now has with the coppers is usually when a letter arrives demanding money with menaces.
Old 04 July 2013, 11:45 AM
ilogikal1
Scooby Regular

"We were just obeying orders", cut no ice in 1945 and it cuts even less now.
Godwin's Law

That is all.
Old 04 July 2013, 11:49 AM
Camsedin
Scooby Regular

As someone else pointed out. if your not speeding whats there to bother about?

if you get caught by someone in high viz clothing then its your own fault for not paying attention.

Am not saying i don't speed as most do. but if i got caught am not going to blame the cop for it.

Last edited by Camsedin; 04 July 2013 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04 July 2013, 12:34 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
I have no problem with you, and you do say some very sensible things sometimes, but you really, really should have stayed in the force (like I told you before) but you don't half talk some crap and "establishment bollax" sometimes, the blokes in the vans do it to earn extra cash, simple, the reasons for the vans is to earn extra cash.

We all know it's got bugger all to do with safety, and as ex copper and a civilian yourself you should have a better insight into the workings of the "SYSTEM" in general, but instead you still cheer for the establishment, you chose to leave for what ever reasons.

All this "Just a bloke doing his job" is horse ****, all the cops from top to bottom know everything that's wrong with the system yet CHOSE to do NOTHING about it, and voting with your feet is not the solution, as then there will just be the thug/one rung above retard element left, which is the reason someone like you should have stayed in.

I generally find his posts to be neutral, reasonable and informative.
In view of his policing experience, they are also insightful -
And last, but not least, his attempts to reason with the unreasonable are a continual source of amusement.
Keep it up SW
Old 04 July 2013, 12:50 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Oh, mush, wash your mouth out with soap. Not everyone's a **** in Scunthorpe.

(Ok I am too)

Quick Reply: Just had a "chat" with a speed camera cop....